Obj files?

I just did it manually

For the creature and character models, most are missing part of a leg or an entire leg(s). Did I unpack them wrong? (I know the faces/clothes/etc are in separate files)

Possibly a bug with the converter? Those models have extra vertex attributes to do with skinning and the skeleton so if those arenā€™t considered those models can break
Weird that only parts are missing and other bits are fully intact though :thinking:

Which converter were you using out of interest?

BoundlessModelToObj.exe

Then this in cmd
K:\BoundlesstoOBJ\BoundlessModelToObj-1.0\BoundlessModelToObj.exe -i ā€œC:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Boundless\assets\creatures\roadrunner\models\roadrunner_01.dae.msgpackā€ -o K:\BoundlesstoOBJ\unpacked -g ā€œ[[249,237,206],[249,237,206],[249,237,206]]ā€ -e ā€œ[255,255,255]ā€

My old converter may manage to get the correct geometry but wouldnā€™t do textures, you might be able to reuse the textures from Simoyds converter though

1 Like

Iā€™ll check those sometime this week :+1:

3 Likes

When I tried importing straight into blende, it didnā€™t like that and randomly killed some shapes.

I have to play with the converter again to remember how to werk it.

I am playing around with silhouettes for the character models and maybe you can model it? wishful thinking

I do wanna know how did you rig it

Iā€™ve used Blender a few times here & there, but Iā€™m not completely familiar with it. Maybe there is a plugin that will help import/render the files better?

I used Maya to do the rig.

I do think Maya is a easier way to play with the models. I remember seeing somewhere Maya was used for a model. Safe to assume that everything was designed in Maya

1 Like

I do have an old python script I cobbled together to output meshes with their rigs and an animation, itā€™s a mess but I could clean it up and link it if you were interested
anim

3 Likes

Thank you, I appreciate it but Iā€™m not sure how much time Iā€™ll have for this. Itā€™s kinda random - when I can find an extra minute here and there.

1 Like

Does that rigging have a tail? Lol.

2 Likes

Yeah! Same rig from the old cat race, never a tail in game but the concepts had one!

2 Likes

I want the old cat race back. Tails would have looked awesome and khajiit would be happy :smiley:

1 Like

I want a potion in-game that will turn me into a cuttletrunk so I can fly & zap things or a hopper so I can bomb-mine (I never tried that :frowning: ). It would be nice to have the old cat race, new races, new anything lol.

5 Likes