Obj files?

Is there an Obj file for the characters?

I dunno if this still works: Boundless Model to OBJ app

2 Likes

I guess I am typing something wrong?

C:\Users\major\Desktop\stuff\BLFiles\BoundlessModelToObj.exe -i C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Boundless\assets\characters\base_race\models\base_race_female_body.dae.msgpack -o C:\Users\major\Desktop\stuff\BLFiles -g, “[249, 237, 206]” -e, “[255, 255, 255]”

looks like you specified 1 color for the gradient parameter. It should be 3. something like this:
[[R,G,B],[R,G,B],[R,G,B]]

EDIT: also there shouldn’t be commas in there after the -g and -e

EDIT2: You might also need to get rid of the spaces in the colors. You may also need to use cmd.exe instead of powershell.

2 Likes

C:\Users\major\Desktop\stuff\BLFiles\BoundlessModelToObj.exe -i C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Boundless\assets\characters\base_race\models\base_race_female_body.dae.msgpack -o C:\Users\major\Desktop\stuff\BLFiles -g “[[249,237,206],[249,237,206],[249,237,206]]” -e “[255,255,255]”

put quotes around the input path because it has a space in it.

2 Likes

Got it :blush: thank you x10000000000000000000000000000000000! :blush:

hopefully it converted right and isn’t just a mess :S

2 Likes

Scary lol :scream: :rofl: :rofl:

femalechar

5 Likes

yeah I’m guessing they’ve changed the format a bit over the years. I’ll see if I can update it tonight. I’m guessing this is related to the body paint competition?

I hadn’t really created many things for Boundless yet because I didn’t think they were interested in allowing player submissions. The competition says otherwise lol. I’d like to work on a few specific paint ideas without having to stop & load into the game everytime to check if something looks the way I want it to.

Could be wrong, but with Creative mode coming soon & the prototype mode…they may allow people to add the items they create to the game. And blueprints.

Is that how they came up with the hunter design :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

@majorvex I haven’t messed with the file as OBJ but I used this to convert the files to gltf to use in blender.

Textures dont map perfectly buuuuut it’s good enough for a quick look.

Edit: added a better image.

3 Likes

This is the right character model for me. Thank you for this mod.

1 Like

What program did you open it with?

No program. I just really appreciate those scary pictures and that’s the model object I want to represent my character.

1 Like

I’ve sent you a pm on discord with the files of some characters

2 Likes

@Dulki If they are rigged I’d like to see how you did that lol

I do have one that I have rigged but only basic, no fingers added.
Did it with a addon that is in blender you just have to turn it on.

2 Likes

Did you do the rigging manually? Or have you been working on a converter which includes the skeleton?