Of cats(devs) and mice(players) - which changes displease you?

The guild buffs do scale. If you are a single player in a guild pick the minor, not the mega. And yes coin can be an issue, but there are ways to get coin, players just choose not to do it. Pay attention to the forums or discord and you’ll see requests for large amounts of materials like glowing lamella or copper ore. Go gather it or sell what you have stockpiled and coin for lower buffs and exoplanet warps won’t be an issue.

I was late to trying bomb mining, but eventually after watching SEVERAL jiivita videos I tried it and it was fun! Planning where to set charges, digging a hole in the right spot, placing bombs so they don’t roll out, and who doesn’t like explosions blowing stuff up? And it was better for mining than an iron hammer.

I only had 2m and 3m radius bombs, I imagine the 7m radius forged bombs were too much, but the smaller ones weren’t as efficient as the aoe hammers and didn’t deserve being killed.

Oh well, just one of many fun things removed.

3 Likes

I despise the forging system. it’s so unfairly biased towards giving the useless boons. Always hard hitter over damage and magnetic over AOE. I often use 5 boon removals in a row only to get the same bloody ones again and again. Not to mention how mindlessly boring it is. Really needs a massive overhaul IMO.

8 Likes

I was wondering what happened to you!! Glad to see you again. =)

Well, I like to think optimisticly when I can, and I’ll say there are good changes with it as well.
There’s been increases on gathering xp, and exploring got a large boost.

I also like the xp pie change. It’s not timed now, but instead gives a set amount of xp. It’s great.

I also like the settlement protection having a guild gives. Yes, I’m part of a larger settlement, but I still retain my settlement name within that larger settlement. It’s a little confusing to wrap your head around at first, but if I can, then there’s hope for others. :wink:

7 Likes

Omg why has no one mentioned this before?!?!?!??

Hands down, YES PLEASE do this, thank you, check please!

4 Likes

I will agree with you that balancing any game (but this one in particular) is a headache. I do wonder what is the competition in boundless? I know stores compete for business but with the exception of the forge, everything one person sells is exactly the same if someone else sells it. So they compete on price. I do not compete with my guild mates or other guilds for anything. Since resources regen, I do not see that as competing to get resources. You could argue that footfall creates some competition for the most traveled spots.

I guess since the game does not have an ending, or a winning, I do not see it as a competitive game. I think it is more of a cooperative game. So I am not sure why some of the nerfs are necessary.

7 Likes

There are three different levels to each guild buff, so it is scaled. A smaller guild would pick the minor or improved while a larger guild would select super or mega since they should have more resources.

Yea it’s mostly cooperative. The competition comes mostly from the economy and prestige. People who don’t care for either, like me, are stuck with the balance changes. Exoworlds are also adding competition in the sense that those new blocks wont regen so they will be very limited for pretty much everyone. That competition comes from being online when they appear and beating everyone to it before the planet becomes swiss cheese

1 Like

I will agree that the Exo Planets do add some competition. I do think as we go through time and more exo planets, the resources become more common and players will not need to be online at the moment they spawn in order to get what they might want.

I will agree with you on the economy as I said, but this does not hold any particular interest for me either. Same with prestige. I wonder how many players actually care about these things? Are they “balancing” for mechanics that only a small portion of the player base even cares about?

2 Likes

for me it for sure is the cat mindset of make boundless feel like a 2ed job that you pay for

a big takeaway form the weekend too was the massive i guess you could call it backlash? the game got form the general public a ton of the negetive reviews the game got at the time was due to the fact twitch streamers where calling the game garbage i watched a few of them some believed the current trailer is just a flat out lie for what the game really is and others just got bored or totally lost on what to do after the tutorial.

and when we look at all the QoL updates due that fact that have been delaying real content updates i think we could have a repeat some of the backlash. some of them where nice but the vast majority of the updates did nothing to slove the problems the game has

1 Like

I think a lot of people enjoy shopkeeping. I would say im in the minority that doesnt own a shop, mainly because I find being self sufficient more enjoyable for the way I play vs running a shop and buying what I need from my profits.

I cant say if all the changes are solely based on fixing the economy, but I think it’s a big part of it

2 Likes

This may be true, but without a better source of coin than footfall, I think the economy is going to continue to be anemic. I also do not think the coin machine is going to fix it, but we shall see. Personally, in the guild I am a part of only one player has some shops. And I am not sure they did not do it more for the footfall coin than anything else. The rest do not and we tend to just barter amongst ourselves and will continue to. It just seems easier than having to find stuff to buy and someone to buy what we have to sell.

3 Likes

same the cost alone to fully power it you are already going to be in the hole 50K +(mat wise) and would need to craft things like advanced power coils to make any real coin off of it

I dont think the coin machine was meant to be a fix for the coin issue at all. More like a trash can more than anything. I had a ton of stone tools i ended up just dumping in a river. Couldve dumped them into the coin machine and hopefully got a bit of coin.

Im curious to see though, will it even be worth the time to dump items into the coin machine and constantly repair it? Or will it be faster to just dump them into the abyss and go farm something in the amount of time you would spend using the coin machine

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure you only have to repair it once you make 5000 coins worth of stuff. Then it takes like a few hits from a spanner.

5 Likes

Yea that could be true. Im basing this off of the inflated numbers reported from testing but i havent had a chance to test it for myself

Yep, since stone is worth 100c per individual one I think haha. So for testing, you can only put 50 in.

At least, that’s what I got from reading the patch notes but I could be wrong.

Yes, in testing rock has a value of 150c or so for example, and gem grapples have a random value like 2.96c and the coin machine is 100c itself; this should all be so we don’t speculate too much on specifics but it should be a safe assumption that more complex items will provide more coin anyway, but it won’t necessarily be worth throwing them in, if they are useful items.

I don’t believe it’ll be worth throwing in all my gem tools even if they were worth over 100c each, but it might be worth throwing in some of my highly refined metals or coal or hide, etc even if they have “low” values… especially if I’m not using it as quickly as I’m getting it, as I could probably use that space for other things.

Even if most items aren’t worth very much, I’ll probably still be using it, but like others have said I do expect that it will be more something to get rid of excess items than a huge coin boost. That won’t stop me from having a few of the machines and using them, anyway. I’m not particularly bothered about having to repair them. :slight_smile:

I will admit that I was one of the ones who felt the footfall was totally unfair and I will stand by that. My son and I were one of those who didn’t know about it and were not near a city or settlement that got footfall we lost out bigtime. Because there was a lot of coin from football shops could charge high prices and the players who knew and had placed a plot and beacon in a area that got them a lot of footfall without living there could buy those items, they were happy with the footfall.

Problem was, they nerfed it totally wrong. And I don’t have any idea of what could have been done to make it so that all players could get some footfall, except totally replace it with another source of income. Give more coins with xp, encourage players to do things and the nerfing of the blocks was wrong, I had been going it shouldn’t been able to be used to get skills up so fast to level up, that should be done in a manner that all players can have the ability to level up fast, not just those who do the spamming of rocks.

However, I didn’t think of it from the builder’s perspective and so I can see why they would want and need that. They did stop the taking it all away and increased it for other things, that really helped a lot and I was one that it really helped a lot as I collect plants and boulders to sell. They still need to add it to the wood, I prefer to use wood over stone and do a lot of tree chopping to get sap along with wood for what little building I do.

I don’t care that much for the exoworlds because I’m not that much into mining and the cost of getting there to me is not something I want to spend my limited amount of coins on.

As for trading, I have done that and it was a big help, and I need to do some more, that was my main source of either income or getting the mats I need.

What displeases me more isn’t so much as what is nerfed but what isn’t being added to the game to make it more fun and many mention it but it seems that these requests are being ignored. The same ones that other games have that players enjoy and would add fun to the game are the quests, ruins to explore and find items to sell, gems, and many other items could be added to “treasure chests” that would vary on being found and a timer on how long before it would regen and it would be nice to have it respawn in a random location so players can block it like it is being done in the hot spots for gems. That should be nerfed, in my opinion. Read posts here of how it is unfair, good sites are blocked and allowed by the devs.

Displeased (unhappy) with the limited amount of coins generated by doing the objectives and feats. Displeased (unhappy) with the limit of 100 skill points, having a second page doesn’t help me when I have to leave off something that would let me gather items safer but have to chose between safety and speed. I’d like to have the ability to switch pages without a delay, I could switch to the page that would let me gather items and have the stealth to sneak up and not get the critters ticked off at me. Then switch back when I need to the one that would let me be a hunter and have the skill to hit the critters and not suffer as much damage when they fight back.

I know, too long. sorry And not complaining, just stating what I don’t like. I see complaining as going if you don’t fix that I will leave, I’m not happy so I don’t want to play anymore. I will still continue to play, would just love to see these things changed. I think it would make it better, but I could be wrong in that.

3 Likes

I have two shops and I set them both up for making coins from selling. Unfortunately, the only coins I get are from footfall and I’m not happy with that, I feel it is a waste of my time for that. And the hard work I did in making and creating all that I have for sell. At N. L. Market, I was making as much in selling or even more than I was in footfall, so felt it was worth it.

I have been seriously considering closing them down and seeing if I can do better at what I had done before, which was trading. I don’t have the time to make the stuff to sell, go and hunt up the needed mats for what little I do sell and make the new stuff I want to make, so something is going to have to give. There isn’t enough coin from the one at G. Mall to make it worth keeping items there, nothing is selling. I’m changing the products, if that doesn’t get me sells, I will be shutting it down. 400 to 600 coins is not enough to keep it open, and that is on a good day.

I then have to decide, do I want to try another location on a different planet or just shut it down completely. Or go back to seeing if I would do better at trading. I need to see what is being wanted in trading and what I can get for trading.

1 Like