Of cats(devs) and mice(players) - which changes displease you?

After logging in today I’m completely pissed about this teaching food BS again.

4 Likes

14 posts were split to a new topic: Oort shard market trends discussion

Per the testing post from James:

Just throwing that out there :smiley:

1 Like

Shhhh, people already openly said they didn’t read that in that same post. We have to give the information out somehow without seemingly like we’re one of the few people who did read it lol.

3 Likes

I’m going to hop on to this thread with the disclaimer that I do not like the purpose of the thread nor do I like the term usage of “cat” and “mouse”. The connotations of prey and predator are not something that fit in a community as cooperative and wholesome as boundless nor should it apply to the devs who have been so diligent in being transparent and who are striving to both listen to the community and create a balanced and fair game. This post might’ve been better had you wanted to put together a megathread of constructive criticism and suggestions to counteract those criticisms but that’s beside the point.

The thing that most “displeases” me right now is not any particular change but the overall lack of changes. I’ve more or less completely lost my friend’s interest in the game and even after coming back after a 3 month or so break, so little has changed. It was nice to see concept art for farming but even then it was for a prestige plant, not something that will actually contribute in any meaningful way to my personal play-style nor change content I deal with in any way. I would like to see more work done on titans, ground breakers, hunters, farming, taming, dungeons, props, etc. than on holiday events, skins, and the coin machine.

Just my two cents.

14 Likes

Uhm guys, I didn’t read this whole giant thread but i have a question that’s answered in bold in the OP?

Thaaaaaaaaanks :joy:

Of course its the current numbers. Rock/stone will be selling very high when it hits live. Trust me :wink:. I also happen to be selling stone for 1c at my shop. Hopefully its not all gone by the time i get a chance to change the price :thinking:

I wish it was a joke, but it’s really, honestly not. That’s the funniest part

If it’s based off the prices of the market… everyone sell stone for 500c a piece, quick!

If they make the coin machine thing trade 1c for 1 rock I will never play again. With aoe forging in the game…doing something like that would completely break the economy, not fix it.

Since the price resolution is one hundredth of a coin, I’m willing to bet it will be 100 rock to 1 coin. Won’t know till it goes live tho.

3 Likes

I split discussion of oort shard market to a new thread to prevent further derailment.

4 Likes

I saw that as on topic being a change the person wasn’t happy with.

3 Likes

Hmm, you’re right. I should simply duplicate that comment since it did spawn a new active topic.

I’ll do that. Allow me a few minutes though, I’m at work :slight_smile:

There we go! That takes care if that I believe.

I find it super fun. I also find both footfall and xp pretty easy to get. As for guild buffs… with a little bit of ingenuity and teamwork guild buffs are pretty easy to pay for.

As for bomb mining… you can still throw bombs… lol. It’s an MMO… they evolve as they grow.

4 Likes

For me personally a well-balanced and future-proof game is more fun in the long run then feeling compelled to do a bunch of extremely un-fun and repetitive activities just because they are way more effective then the stuff I actually want to do.

How is spending hours of filling crafting tables with stones fun?

9 Likes

that may not be fun but it was better in the short term then spending 3-4hr’s mining to maybe get 1 or 2 levels

1 Like

But then complaining about stone xp is barking at the wrong tree.

3 Likes

I’ve removed my post here. Doesn’t make sence to spread it over 2 threads.

1 Like