Of cats(devs) and mice(players) - which changes displease you?

I’m not sure if they are doing buffs again or not. But my last two-three weeks I was in Ultima we weren’t doing buffs because only 7 members were really doing donations(since guilds had come out). I had donated around 400k myself. I quit donating(which is also why it’s not my main guild anymore) because I didn’t think it was fair to continually be donating so much for other to just sit there and reap the rewards.

6 Likes

I had donated a few hundred thousand coins to my guild when guilds launched and was happy with that, my friends and I had a very profitable network established with several of the footfall kingpins… we brought them stuff and then rolled around in coins. The footfall nerf killed that dead and simultaneously made me resent guild buff prices.

Nobody wants to play Being Poor Simulator

6 Likes

Quincy, iLLumiNaughty is one of the guilds who has offered you membership (at your request)… when you asked if there were any requirements because you said even then, you preferred to play solo and you were interested in just getting the buffs… I told you no problem… enjoy the buffs! I don’t think you’re being “punished” in any way… I think you’re making a choice. If that choice is just because you don’t want the guild tag over your head, that’s your choice… not a punishment.

It’s like people who complain they have zero coin, but refuse to open and run a shop, or refuse to find request baskets to sell stuff… the same people who build in the middle of no where and have no portals yet cry when they don’t get footfall…

The game gives rewards in many ways, the reward for being in a guild is the buffs… why would you look at it as a punishment… it’s simply part of the game design.

The grapple run speed buff is pretty nice…:nerd_face:

9 Likes

The metafor is not really a very accurate one. I wanted to join the guild for buffs, ran the co-op a couple times but opted not to join after all. I do not feel comfortable wearing any guilds tag next to my name, but because of this I cannot take benefit of certain aspects of the game.

2 Likes

I think the metaphor is spot on, and even your response confirms it.

You are not being punished, you’re making the choice… :wink:

That being said, you’re still welcome if you change your mind. :blush:

1 Like

social anxiety is a thing and in other MMO’s guilds are normally a optional thing unless you plan on doing stuff like end game raids and such they normally dont offer game breaking buffs

edit: ok game breaking may have been a bit to far but still a massive advantage over non buffed players

4 Likes

And this is a problem in my book. I have stated it in the past so I will refrain from going into long detail. This is not what guilds are supposed to be about. People should be joining a guild because they want to play with the players that, that guild contains. Or do group content with the guild.

So while yes, this is a choice he can make, he should not have to make this choice in the first place, People should not be pressured into joining a guild like this. This is not Group Content. It is a tax, that gives a buff.

8 Likes

:point_up: loveeee this buff

1 Like

It is not. I cannot get a 100% uptime on best buffs as solo player. It just doesn’t happen. However, I can earn coins without having shop stands. There’s the difference.

Also, this is the reason I play solo. Everyone acts like they and their opinion is better than the others. Guilds is a great thing, sure, but many of us got absolutely nothing out of the entire update and are left in the shadow of people who want to play as a group. I want to play boundless solo, offline or whatever. Guess what, I can’t, but I still don’t get to enjoy what you get to.

4 Likes

It is unrealistic to expect to obtain the same things a group of players do as a solo player.

3 Likes

I didn’t mean to delete my response… that is frustrating! Lol

What I was saying is that my response is directed at the “punishment” side of it… he is not being punished and social anxiety isn’t even an issue here because he was upfront about being a solo player.

He is making a choice to NOT participate in a game mechanic, thereby he is not able to receive the reward he wants. He is making a choice… not being punished.

If you read his words, he clearly says his issue is with having a guild tag over his head… (note he never even said “social anxiety”)…

He wants guild buffs but wants no part in earning them.

He finds a guild willing and happy to take him on (I think he’s nice and I’m happy to have him)… and he gets the buffs with zero expectations… those buffs aren’t free mind you, and I’ve worked really hard to provide them to my members.

He CHOOSES not to join anyway, then complains the game is punishing him.

1 Like

Why?

Ten letters.

I am not acting or implying I am better than you at all. I disagree with you and I feel it should be noted that this is an MMO and the design is to build a “community”… of course you’re not going to fare as well as a solo player. The game isn’t intended to be that way… but you DO have a choice to play solo or in a group. One way has better rewards for obvious reasons, but it’s still not impossible.

Social anxiety may be a problem, but I am one of the biggest exrtoverts you’ll find (so don’t worry about that). I just don’t want to have to forcely be part of something, just to enjoy the benefits. But you may be right, I choose not to be part of something, but it’s just a sh!tty situation where I cannot enjoy the fullest of the game cause of a small thing such as playing solo in a game that is fully playable as solo player otherwise.

This game is fully made to be playable as solo as well as coop. Don’t claim it’s purely coop, because it’s not.

2 Likes

Because the effort of one isn’t equal to the effort of many working together towards the same goal.

4 Likes

But you could still be solo… lol. That’s the thing that boggles me. You wouldn’t have to do anything to get them. Lol.

I just disagree that it’s fair to call it a punishment. I know another guy who was frustrated because he didn’t have coin but he flat out refused to be a part of the economy… either buying or selling. That’s not a punishment… it’s a choice.

1 Like

yea im sorry for the way i prahsed that i did not mean to inply that @QuimbyBoundless has Social anxiety my point was with the highlighted quote that sometimes its not necessarily a persons choice on being able to join a guild and i could see the guild update turning people away for that cuz they can see the huge advantages they are missing out on.

and with evey update it seems guilds become more and more of a “have to join” system

1 Like

Well for one, you can’t just compare to other games, but for your example take a look at Neverwinter… Guild buffs are a HUGE part of being in a guild… and while you can play solo and not be in a guild, you will NEVER be as strong as someone in a max level guild. It’s the game design… but you still have the choice.

Personally, if wearing a guild tag over your head was the only thing expected of me, I think that’s a pretty small price to pay for Mega Grapple and Run buffs, plus two others… but, that’s just me.

1 Like

@QuimbyBoundless if you really want 3 mega buffs in a solo guild it’s very possible. But it requires a lot of work. I could do it right now if I really wanted to. But then I will have to go back to being a full dedicated shop keep and I don’t want that. If I learned the forge I could sell tools and get the guild buffs that way too. But I’d have to become a full time forger in that scenario and I don’t want that either. So it’s really not out of reach it’s just a ton of work.

I could be in a guild if I really wanted to. But that’s besides the point. Lets forget I ever said my opinion and lets pretend no one got offended. This turned into a sh!t show real fast so lets
stop.