Oh ma gosh. New player. Bit overwhelmed

[Beckon] doesnā€™t have lava pools or lave lake/rivers :+1::smiley:

@WinterFrost
Welcome to the great game of Boundless
Set up your temporary camp / base near a place with Portal access,
and you will be fine.
Have lots of fun,
ā€¦ and of course happy :boundless: building.

1 Like

You can select an emote on PS4, but /wave still works. I use ps4 sometimes too : )

Welcome To Boundless Hereā€™s a Welcome :cookie: if You Need Help @Jiivita and @majorvex have Awesome Youtube Videos (^-^)

3 Likes

Thank you all for your help. I set up a small base by Aurora. By small, I mean a camp fire, a beacon, and a crafting table. Itā€™s not much, but itā€™s a start. I really appreciate all the help. It was very overwhelming at first but the game is so beautiful that I need to persevere!

3 Likes

could i invite you to our town its a europe server
on planet nia zed ka
we have portals to go around town
and to travel around the world
lots off experienced players around
that always ready to answer questions etc
lot off our mistakes you dont need make then :smile:
if you use one off the mayor world hubs ultima/tnt/etc and go to nia zedka you end up in our towncenter off sunken town aquatopia
then youle find the golden metro ride it to ash village thats where we all live
theres also a few other provinces with metro connections
and public services areas with some hard to get machines and stuffz
ow and current side project is a themepark where we provide the materials etc to work with
do whatever ya like and have funz

also have a discord

Discord

and a mall

:astonished:

Didnā€™t know that!

Although that still seems like a ton more work because of all the taps to get from one character to the next.

1 Like

It is but luckily common phrases are saved and any time you hit / a list of your commonly used emotes will pop up
Sorry op, off topic, lol

1 Like

Thatā€™s kind, thank you, but Iā€™m on the East American server.

@WinterFrost Welcome a board and on that great community enjoy the game. Any help youā€™re very welcome, Have fun :grinning:

Hop by Sasquatchville on Alder if you need some help, shoot me a pm in here for more infos :wink:

Lol I was thinking the same thing with the stuck in a river comment. That was me back when I started haha

3 Likes

Welcome to the game, if you feel lost you can start by makeing som tools, go mining and makeing some machines :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you. Thatā€™s what Iā€™m working on this evening. I wandered through portals and lost my little camp so Iā€™ve made a new one on a place called Alder.

Iā€™m honestly sooo overwhelmed. Iā€™ve been reading through the forum trying to find my feet but I think the best way is to just play. The community seems really nice. I kinda feel like it sucks that Iā€™m on PlayStation because it doesnā€™t have discord and it would be cool to play with people. Oh wells.

Just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone that has helped me. It really is appreciated.

2 Likes

You can always find your locations via your menu > places.

2 Likes

Oh, thank you lol. I was worried about my plots too because I didnā€™t have any to reset up. I bought some with cubits. Can we buy cubits? Iā€™m really digging the unicorn horn.

3 Likes

If you placed a beacon and fueled it, your items and plots will remain there until you move them, or until your beacon expires. You can gain XP/cubits for free by doing regular things like mining, building, hunting, etc. To use cubits to get more plots, go into the Menu > Exchange.

You can also buy cubits with irl $. Main Menu > Shop.

3 Likes

follow that tutorial until it ask you to add set amount off prestige to your beacon at that moment you have plenty plots and first quests are easy
so dont worry about paying for those
also you can reset your skills unlimited until level 20 so use that to your advantage switch between hunting and crafting skills as much as ya want
until level 20
at level 20 you need decide if you want to play with one caracter our multiple
multiple is handy if you for example want a second that only is good at crafting to stay in your home at the machines
when you reach level 20 ask the people off the forum how you need to skill your caracter to the way you like to play
try get ya hands on a planetmap you can then stick items like iron in it and see where you can mine those but its always best to ask the forum where to get our mine items before looking safes ya tons off wasted time
try get a refinery then you can refine all those rocks you been collecting while mining before you log off for some easy xp you collect the xp each time you log in next day
also get furnace quick so you have metal tools fast stone and wood is waste off time
if you looking to buy supplys go to knowledge tab and select the item you looking for there is a menu that shows whos selling it the cheapest on your planet there and you can click it to get an icon to guide you to the shop
that again will give xp cuase on ya journey you will discover new areas
if you have map by then it also good time to fill in the blanks off the map
check ya beacon menu and make sure you have beacon protection activated it will reserve terrain around ya build you dont own yet (protect it from other players) set it also as your home beacon to warp back to it free from sanctum
other warps cost coins so watch out
if you have plots extra plot them around ya house ya can always undo those
also try get 16weeks beacon fuel its costly at beginning but it gives longtime to not worry about it running out off fuel
if ya see coal on ya travel always grab it you will need it
carry torches with you
get a grapple when you fall down and grapple the floor it might safe ya live
dead gives a penalty on xp so watch out to not die alot it slow down progress
make sure to always have atleast 10 cooked steaks on ya
etc etc :smile:
ow if you find a nice shop our location you like to go back to but its long travel go into your menu and craft a location marker then eat the location marker it will be added to your warp list and for small fee you can warp there instant it gets expensive if you warp involves changing planets then its best to go to a world hub people have created there go to the matching planet your location you want to warp to is on and hit sanctum and warp it be much cheaper since you allready on the correct planet

2 Likes

Remember that you can set a beacon as your ā€˜homeā€™ beacon then go to sanctum at any time via start button > return to sanctum and warp there for free. There are two portals there for you in sanctum. One takes you straight back where you were and the other isnā€™t open yet. Click the unopened portal then the ā€˜beaconā€™ tab and select the one you set as your home and itā€™ll open a warp there : )

1 Like

Lol. Made an alt once and landed there. Took me an hour to get off the planet.