Ok what did I miss?

well, I am level 50 or almost 50 with all my alts but I still use copper and silver grapples - don’t bother with gem at all;
slings is copper/silver as well for my miner and crafter whenever they venture into a difficult world I use my speed to get away from mobs - fight the ones up to strong level, sometime can do mighty one (if fighting just one at a time); it’s ok not to be able to engage high level mobs - if I didn’t have a hunter specialized in fighting and using gem tools I would be just as happy; even now my hunter often just goes exploring and gathering surface resources and avoids fighting;

so - not having gem slings and not being high level is not that of a problem, just make sure you have good speed and extra jump height and you just walk (sic!) away from any fight you don’t like :sunglasses:

PS. I think Vulpto has gone terribly wrong with so many mobs around - I don’t mind meeting elite ones but there are too many of them around; one can hardly move without stumbling into a group of mixed species; I think hunting should be a thing we chose to do - if we don’t want to hunt we should be able to travel around with a chance to navigate around mobs we spot (or run away when surprised - now running away from a fight makes you hit another group of mobs and you have more on you); before this patch any planet could offer exploring space where fight would happen sometime and sometime you would die in lava (lol) - difficult terrain and toxic atmospheres in future is enough trouble, I think, and when worlds get overpopulated with mobs its just a bit too tedious; me being hunter lvl 50ish have no problem killing them all in most cases, but its just boring to be meeting so many creatures - its like all those old strategic games that just throw more enemies at you when you rise difficulty to have a challenge, instead of offering solid challenging AI. So, yeah - the creatures in Boundless have interesting attacks and moves and behaviors and its better to challenge us more with that than with numbers.

I have a level 50+ character too and have never used gem grapples either, just iron and gold which have been fine for me so far. Too many other things I need the gems for instead as well as the skill points needed to use them

2 Likes

I agree that the mob spawns seem a little on the dense side making it really hard to not get in a fight.

As for weapon of choice- my main is a level 40 miner, so i dont have any death reduction and mostly power / swing speed and luck upgrades… i run around with my “cute” red stone slingbow or maybe an iron one if I’m feeling real baller the day. A few hp levels and some speed upgrades are more than enough to kill the first 3 levels of cuttles with relative ease, I’ve even capped a few level 4’s if its 1 on 1 on flattish ground not near lava.

Granted i get as jealous as a green gleam block when ppl on hunts 1shot beasties with diamond shotguns, but my stonebow can keep me safe from most enemies (except wildstock, that’s when i copper grapple onto ANYTHING around :rofl:

3 Likes

Okay Folks i think its Time to tell you again one of my Secrets xD…

You can easily do Everything Solo with lvl 1 and just a Totem (but i would use at least a Stone Hammer), if you just jump into Water, after getting aggro’ed and dive down arround 5-7 Blocks, then build a Tunnel into the “Wall” and dig out a U bend (Thats possible with the Totem, but obviously butthurt :wink: ).
If the Cuttle/Spitter/Wildstock still Aggros you, it will follow you Underwater, and drown (If you want Exp from that you just have to shoot the Drowning Animals with whatever Weapon).
Solo’ed a Core 3 Meteor on Vulpto that way, cause it dropped right at the seaside xD.

The Mobs are just completely dumb and aggressive, why don’t use that against them? xD

7 Likes

There is no gem shortage. Just not a lot of people are selling Rough Gems and would rather buy them. Some people, including myself, aren’t buying or selling Rough Gems cause I have a stockpile of 2k Rough Gems in everything but Diamonds, nearly 3k Rough Diamonds, and nearly 2k Rough Oort.

If there was a shortage on gems, then gem related items would be a lot more expensive than they already are. Same thing for Coal. There is no shortage. Just cause people aren’t selling it doesn’t mean there is some sort of shortage. Just not a lot of people don’t want to sell their stuff for whatever reason they have.

1 Like

Get 'em while they’re available…

3 Likes

Well about the grind.

I just bought 10 advanced power coils which took a couple of hours farming to save up for, sure I got lucky while farming a nice spot (got some nice tech spawns). However even if it had of taken me 10 hours to get get 10 advanced power coils, that’s perfectly acceptable in an MMO imho

If you are trying to do absolutely everything yourself in an MMO there should be a hell of a grind. But you don’t need to in the slightest.

All told helping restart omni’s shop up I cleared almost 200k thanks to him. Which kick started me no end into our current endgame, about 120-130 ish just off tech, but it was no means my only place I sold stuff.

And also about the ‘endgame’ when its not the endgame anymore the prices will almost certainly go down, along with the value of selling it. Especially if we get faster tools for farming resources etc, which will also decrease the time to get to the current tier, as people will buy a nice tool and farm even faster.

For mining choices if its strip I use diamond + sapphire. Caves I generally just take one sapphire.

For hunting I use topaz in one hand and diamond in the other. Start with charged diamond back off, then finish with topaz or another diamond again if they are close. I don’t have death penalty reduction, which is fine for my pure hunter build but sucked in the group hunt I tried lol. Lesson learned there :smiley:

1 Like

Seth dont know about you but it took me 2 weeks to max my first character to lv 50 with second character it took me 4 days to get to lv 35 and third character took me less then 2 days to lv 28. and im noob in this game been playing it like 1,5 month now. u just have to plan things slowly. farm mats get better slingbows. hunt mine or craft depends on your playstyle. and if u want to fast level your champ do tons of FEATs they give insane amounts of exp when completed. stay calm and chill, learn about the game mechanics. and everything will come with much more ease then with being nervous. everything takes time to master. and for example im quite happy that this games takes longer then 15 minutes to max out character lv. it motivates me to farm hunt mine build craft to get levels and better skills. on each opf my characters. Also try to play with your friends especially for hunts. its great help.

Cheers m8 and i wish you good luck :slight_smile:

3 Likes

A note on leveling - Do teaching pies work for crafting?

I am currently unsure, and experimenting.
If so buy one. Stock up all your materials, eat the pie, set all the stones refining, all the rock being made into stone, all the tools being build and resources extracted etc.Get it so all your machines are going together, as many as you possibly can, then log out with the crafter.

Do your thing with your hunter, or gatherer. Then when all the machines are done in a day or in several hours, come back in with the crafter, still with his teaching buff.

I can’t say this works for sure but it is looking promising, to queue up experience like this, and maximize the buff.

yes they work on crafting exp as well not working only on feats exp and objecti8ves exp

1 Like

They slashed the xp rates by 4 times when I joined… It will take me at least 2 months to even achieve 40.

I tell ya what seth. Next time im online when you are i will power level you if you quit whining man… i did all of what ill do with you on my own on a tier 3 planet solo at lvl 10. So all your complaints and ■■■■ your saying right now is null and void to anyone here. Its rather easy to boost yourself out of this situation… but im more than willing to spend time to help you out of your so called cancerious rut.

3 Likes

@SethLarcomb – I’ve been trying to read this thread, but every time I come upon one of your posts, I cringe inside.

Your attitude seems extremely negative and entirely critical to me. Even when you have good points, what you say comes across really badly because your attitude is lousy.

I suggest that you improve your attitude and your tone. For myself, I’m just going to avoid anything you have to say.

6 Likes

You guys don’t have experience with all the nerfs… I do… take it from someone who has the experience from the new stuff… IT’S TOO HARD… It’s like being the Raptors and trying to beat Lebron James… btw did they make it so titanium required energy to make now? The only thing null and void is end game players making bull claims about stuff they have ZERO experience with because they skipped the gem nerf thanks to them giving them too easily, then skipped the xp nerf because you were all capped from the xp being too much… like you all have ZERO knowledge on the new with nobody but yourself. I can understand the vulpto buff but now titanium cost’s energy? Like bruh… you need diamonds to get titanium? How does that make ANY sense…

As for you, just try being less sensitive? Or you can avoid me too, that works as well.

To prove you 100% wrong i can restart my own character and do things you cant in a week by leaps and bounds… but tbh i dont even care anymore you have to be like a 8 year old or something. Nothing better to do than cause a ruckus. Good bye.

2 Likes

Restart all 3, good luck! No resources or using other players stuff! No buying stuff either! GOOD LUCK! The point of this is because this is what release will be like!

Your plain ignorant you do not need gems to break titanium bahahahahahaha!!!

… Clearly you didn’t read the patch notes… but keep slinging insults… I’ll just report you for calling me ignorant because you can’t read. You need diamond to make titanium now!

Idc to be on the forums with people like you anyways. The community i love is in game with people who dont whine like you.