Ok, what turns you ON playing Boundless?

I Love Go hunting and hope for more hunting content

I feel like you de-railed this thread before it even got started.
(and yes, that’s the exact reason footfall get better optimised.)

When you have horded loads of materials and go on a building spree

1 Like

When people recognise you ingame from a build or word of mouth or from a hunt and actually take time to stop and wave :heart_eyes:

Also, that the salute vocalisation sounds like oortian for “live long and prosper” :vulcan_salute:

Edit: remember where you heard this first ^^ :laughing:

1 Like

Yes! :ok_hand: @Prome3us

1 Like

Well you were pretty close. I wasn’t rich but because of footfall I’m getting there.

Did you know that if you made public road infrastructure instead of shops, your footfall goes up insanely? It’s funny how the human mind feels the need to head to a road in game the moment it sees one.

Everything now. Turns me on to see the dev’s balancing and making sure the long goal of the games health is being monitored.

Footfall helps. I like that you have to build something on a plot to get any decent footfall. It’s not who has the most plots, but what you invest in them. I’ve seen viceroy taken away by players with half the amount of plots. So it’s Not p2w. Rich doesn’t come from footfall. Being smart and looking at your plot location compared to portal, gates, etc and having something worth it for people to want to come over and look at is key.

1 Like

Rental worlds. Once those become a thing I’ll probably play the game more cause right now I am on an extended hiatus from it. Probably should prepare for something like that by hitting max level and getting a stockpile of resources for me to use. /shrugs

So yeah, I think the prospect of rental worlds is what still excites me about the game.

1 Like

I am also excited about rental worlds. . I know they may be months away, but I want one (or more based on how much they cost).

I wonder if you’d still need to plot in rental worlds…
You’d think not because, well you own it. But then there’s regen…:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Yes. I would imagine you would still need to. Gameplay loop and all.

I play for the co-op, really. My partner loves sims, empire, and building games. I enjoy the social experiences, economy, and competitiveness of an MMO. This game is something we can play together, for now. He is happy as a clam just building the different stuff as we jump from planet to planet. I am content with playing with builds, imagining how the game will trend with players, and pushing us to get to those Atmosphere 7 planets that are destined to be home of the endgame settlements.

Made from refined titanium and gem blocks :stuck_out_tongue:

I think that depends. If you want to interact with the public universe then the same rules apply. So I would think regen and plots apply.

If you do not connect to the public universe you can change the rules. Eliminate or give infinite plots; change the regen cycle; have all the gems on one planet; change the recipes to double the output.

It will be interesting to see if this is true. I know the guilds I am part of have avoided the higher tier planets for large builds. It is no fun to constantly be fighting off mobs while you are building and you do limit the population that can visit (especially important if you are running a store or portal hub).

The cycle of emotion when hunting a new resource: “ufffhh, how am I supposed to find 72 of these?!” Then figuring out how to hunt it properly and mass crafting your first batch “I’m a rich man”.

I just love seeing the change. Like when 'Murica was first added, there was just like a portal and nothing else…now there is a sprawling city. Or seeing aquatopia when it was just a group of people digging sand and nerd polling over those stupid canals.

Then there is the discovering of absolutely beautiful builds outside the hubs, like trollmarket on boori. So inconspicuous until you find the enterance, and then pow!

I’ve also been collecting full atlases. Just running around a world, digging up those desert swords and discovering regions. And with more planets on the way, I hope, I will be at it for a while :grin:

The stealth skills are handy and we are already fighting off hordes on tier 5 planets to build settlements, so I do not think the atmosphere 7s will be that different with sufficient skills to back things up. I kean, just last night my partner and I had to fight off an invasion of Cuttpetrunks and Hoppers from a meteor that fell not very far from us. The challange and excitement is building something that is safe and resistant.

What originally turned me on to boundless was the chiselling and building in a persistent world. Seeing people constantly progress. The community, however, is what kept me here and will easily keep me for another 1200 hours. The in-game community here is just plain amazing.

1 Like

wandering around and find things like this one. It’s amazing

3 Likes