Okay devs... Here's one of the reasons why some people can't stay invested into the game

Okay, I wanted to drop in and say a huge THANK YOU to everyone who commented and discussed the subject, I truly appreciate the fact that EVERYONE stayed civil during the entire thing, you all have been understanding of others opinions and that is all too rare on the internet.

So from the bottom of my heart THANK YOU for being the awesome and understanding community that you are, there’s no others like this one and I’m truly glad to be somewhat part of it <3.

And also a huge thank you to @james for clarifying things for us “and mostly for my anxious ass hehe…”. I really appreciate the transparency, you guys are the absolute best <3

12 Likes

No, you are awesome :star:

2 Likes

Aaaaahhhhhhhh…

It may go without saying but thank you for putting this out here. I felt like we needed this statement for a long time.

Thank you, wonderstruck. Really.

4 Likes

Seconded!
Nice work, top to bottom. Most appreciated.

My 2c:
Most gameplay overhauls I’ve seen in the almost 18mo I’ve been playing have been met with skepticism and rightly so. Most of them, too have had players championing the change. In my experience, we have overwhelmingly been able to adapt to these features and to see the greater good of the game we love inherent in them.

Secondly, even if a new feature is a year away, a roadmap is invaluable from a morale standpoint. I mean we got several pics of shields and all lost our collective $#17!

5 Likes

for the most part my feelings on this are: unnecessary post is unnecessary.

1 Like

I mean… you say that but we DID manage to get a response from James… which is exactly what I was trying to get with this post, and some of us wanted this kind of response for a pretty long time now so… I wouldn’t say that it was unnecessary, it did spark a discussion which is what forums are for to begin with, it’s good to have these discussions once in a while, as long as they stay respectful and well constructed then it’s still somewhat useful, not everything is sunshine and rainbows, and not everyone is necessarily satisfied with how the game is or how the devs communicate as of recently

6 Likes

The Boundless population explosion is going to come in the form of private servers.

Conan Exiles has 2,422 private servers in Germany alone. And then you figure each private server has between 1 and 50 users…

Unpopular opinion, but private servers are where it’s at.

2 Likes

I’m fairly sure he said those things before tho but this time I’m bookmarking his response in case someone makes the same post again.

5 Likes

Ooohhh yeeaah. :relaxed:

I mean… I could see that happening honestly, for me, as long as the game stays alive and possibly becomes real successful I’ll be happy, no matter if the main population is on the official servers or on private community server, it’s still a big win

2 Likes

good call, I tried to search for a response like this but i never was able to find one… and yet I spent at least 2h that one time searching for one, I guess it’s either my searching skills being a poor, or simply me who didn’t search in the right way…

either way, I’m gonna bookmark this reply too so I can do the same with other posts

1 Like

I lost interest because my guild died, then the remaining guild members had to pick back up what was left of our town, make a new guild and then in the process of doing so people started fighting. It didnt help we had a bunch of people that left the game but their plots remained.

taking up all this real estate that we cant do anything with.

I dont think guilds should be tied to cities, i think cities need to have their own membership system and guilds should only be used for permissions they way they are currently today. Along with things like elections for the mayor of the town instead of simply building the most trash.

3 Likes

I would never support elections for the mayor of a town. All you would need is other players to join a town and then you could take mayor from the player that had spent the most time building the town up. How is that fair? All it does is allow a group of players to mess with other groups of players merely by joining settlements.

6 Likes

Yeah, elections and whatnot sound good in theory, but they are bad news in reality. Its a system that causes a lot of conflicts in groups and is easily abused. It was covered alot right before release.

5 Likes

I go to boundless to run away from the real world. Dont need politics here. I feel like elections would become drama.

l2JhJTOnLk1aX4gG4

11 Likes

When people talk about private worlds in Boundless, do they mean a private planet of their own, that only select people can visit, or their own planet to rule over like a golden god, that is publicly connected to the main universe? I don’t want to miss out on visiting any builds.

Edit- I would gladly pay to rent a world I could completely reshape into whatever I want, that remained freely accessible to the entire player base. That could attract new players, with the amazing mega-builds that some of you would create. Entire themed worlds to be shaped by guilds and solo players. A sort of end game after new players level and grow on the existing planets.

5 Likes

The key question.

I think some people mistakingly are blending the two concepts.

A private world with custom settings will only be accessable by invite and you can never bring items or char back and forth between such a planet and the official ones, as the rulesets will be different.

A rented planet will be accessable to and from official planets and will have official rules governing it.

Personally, im only interested in the latter.

7 Likes

Basically, just like Cyklisk said:

Private Worlds = Isolated from the main Servers, and most likely will be Private servers with their own ruleset

Rented World = Exist on the main servers and people can “rent” them so they have their own personal space with a tons of customization.

5 Likes

I hope they didn’t stop doing this because of how much I was complaining that these pictures aren’t roadmaps.
And I would still argue they aren’t.

Or maybe they stopped doing them because they realized their calendar was too chaotic or something.

Beside the issues with the concurrent player score, my second biggest issue with Boundless is the things they have had in concept arts for YEARS, and that are still not in the game, even though they could surely hire a junior artist to do a truck-load of them in days/weeks.
I’d do some of the modelling stuff in the concept art section (specifically the furniture) in days/weeks. Heck, I’d do it for free, if that could benefit the game.

2 Likes

keep in mind that concept arts are just that… “Concepts” they might never be in the game in the first place, or they could take a long while still before we get them, I dunno if you ever bought any Physical Collectors Editions, but it usually comes with an Artbook which is FULL of concept arts, and when you look at most of the stuff in the book… most of the item models, concept and the like were not even in game, or at the very least weren’t the same as they first iterated.

So, I get that concept arts might show something cool but iirc they did show these a LONG time ago and plans might have changed over time, though I will say that stuff like Protectors and Titans WILL be in the game eventually since they are being featured of the official website, but as far as the other “features” showed in the concept arts goes… it might take a LONG time before we even get it in the game

1 Like