Oldest Build

There are some awesome and wonderful builds, but does anyone know what build is the oldest?

Just curious. I’m sure some of it is probably up for debate since we have no exact way of knowing, but was just curious if anyone knew of some of the builds that have been around a long time.

Please share :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well the main portal from dragon hub to the Towers of Power on Alder is my first beacon. But when I started that was a tiny cabin. And the first tower is still there only the blocks were changed later on.

8 Likes

I know the All Block Museum on Gellis, that TessGrey built with (I think) her sister, has been around for at least 4 years. Can you still remember when you built it @TessGrey?

4 Likes

Might be one of those on Beckon where we started the first day? I still have a beacon there from launch day.

5 Likes

The Rabbit on Finata has been there since 2018.

5 Likes

These are all awesome. I’m going hunting for the them tonight.

3 Likes

Pretty sure this is right about the time early buyers were able to enter the game after Beta:

Cannot remember the time, but I think it was a week or day?? before everyone was able to get online. There was some sort of early access.

5 Likes

This is when I bought the game in Steam:

6 Likes

This is when I actually bought it:

It was playable on prior to Steam (don’t remember how long before that it was but it is not the same game):

5 Likes

Im so jealous I wasn’t here from the beginning. Granted, I should probably be happy I missed the full worlds … then again it would have just been fun to see things from the start of it all.

I’m trying to put a little idea I had together and was hoping to visit some of the old builds that are still standing.

I also have an idea for an event that I’d like to try and put together, I’ll post something soon.

7 Likes

My main house is in the beacon I placed on day 1, Sept 11, 2018. Tore a few places down as I grabbed plots before completing the final build in August '19. The one next to it, “the last of my ugly builds”, was done a few months before and is presently the oldest in Kindred Bay but unfortunately it’s my next teardown. One of my bridges came right after my house in 2019. My shop can get an honorable mention for having some blocks from the original version in early '19, as I remade it without tearing it all down.

3 Likes

If you were here from the beginning there’s like a 90% chance you’d have just been another player who deleted the game after being auto logged out after 15 minutes for the 5th straight time while standing in front of a portal to the next of 6 more jumps, all of which were full at 60/60 capacity, with no way of warping home. :laughing: I’m glad everyone who started after those disasters were fixed did so after.

2 Likes

I was here for that :joy::joy: Finata was always Full!! :cookie: :cookie:

3 Likes

We’d need access to beacon info to know for sure.

The current Boundlessverse came into existence on August 16th 2018 (The 1st set of planets spawned on the15th).
The official public launch date was Sept 11th 2018. Some players had early access.

This seems to be the first post that mentions a build (not sure if there is still a beacon there):

8 Likes

Fresh, white diapers.

Ahhh that “New Universe” smell :rofl:

12 Likes

bought the game on the 16th of September, so five days after the official launch. Following the tutorial on my first beacon, I quickly built a little house before I logged out. I extended below it, and replaced plain rocks with decorative stone, and added gleam doors. But that first build is still there, essentially as I built it. I made a choice that as I built other places, I would leave the builds at the level I was at when I built them. So my first garden etc is all still there.

6 Likes

On a side note, isn’t Gyosha Mall one of the oldest malls still around. And didn’t you lay the basic structure for it pretty early on?

6 Likes

Yes & there were shopping areas before ours opened. Finata was my personal favorite. After launch, we had a super hard time accessing our shops, portals and builds on that planet. The player limit was low back then…around 40 IIRC (I’d have to check my screenshots). Since we couldn’t access it, we started building our own mall and then opened it in Nov of 2018. It was so much fun seeing other players constantly running around all of the planets. The going price for oort was around 100c. Good times. :blush:

8 Likes

I dont believe that build is still active, however a short time later we set up a second guild base on Biitula that exists to this day. The oldest beacon there is the bridge that spans the ravine the city is built across. Perhaps I can get screen shots from the beacon this evening… if I dont immediately get roped into helldivers!

5 Likes

@Grimdian very nice of you to think of the All Block Museum. :grin:
We actually built it 4 years ago. @Envyv77 announced the opening on 27 April 2020 in the forum.

But I don’t think the museum is the oldest building. :crazy_face:

5 Likes