One-per-patron shopping stand

One-per-patron shopping stand will only let you buy one of this item per patron, or maybe X of this item per patron. Patron maybe defined as account, or maybe defined as character.

Useful for giveaways, discounts, Aldrageron’s treasure hunt, etc. Maybe make it so they can’t be listed on knowledge tab if worried about knowledge tab spam.

27 Likes

Yes please

2 Likes

I like this idea.

2 Likes

Definitely, this!! Would be great for my giveaways. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Great idea, ‘x’ per account :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Another interesting use case. Please let me know if it is against CoC.

Sell 10 varieties of location tokens in a shop. A patron can only buy one of them. Afterwards you announce that one of the location tokens was lucky and you give them a reward :slight_smile:

I had this following idea for a random giveaway (off-topic on my own thread tbh). Announce that people should put request baskets out for an item and pick a price between 1-1000c or 1-100c. Winner(s) who guessed the right number receive the item for cheap.

5 Likes

awesome
idea i would add my mailboxes from diferent people on one plot idea to this but with a shopstand twist
one beacon multiple shopstand/mailbox owners without setting up locks this one is yours this one is mine nobody can touch eachother stuff

I think a lot of creative ideas can come out of this ‘x’ per person shop stand idea, the random give away thing is an awesome one. Could be like the lottery, buy a location token and one of them will lead you to the prize :slight_smile: I also think that gambling in game without the use of irl money is within CoC/ToS?

4 Likes

Pretty sure gambling without irl money is allowed

1 Like

Actually, it’s not (it’s called simulated gambling) - but that’s up to Wonderstuck to decide & decipher.

1 Like

The games rating also determines if gambling is allowed.

It looks like it has to be rated as Teen for even Simulated Gambling.

1 Like

I love love this idea because it would allow extra special offers without the fear of one person coming along and buying it all out. For example, I want to start forging and it would just be cool to do a deal of the month or something where I put a stack of really good forged tools out for a one time lower price than usual as my way of giving back to the community. This would be neat.

2 Likes

:thinking::unamused:

3 Likes

Is it simulated gambling if there’s no cost of participation? I.e. the location tokens cost 0, or if you lose in the request basket game you just withdraw your money back from your request stand.

I think it only counts as simulated gambling if the devs directly support it though (like with a placeable slot machine, or the ability to play poker through interact with betting included), not if users create it.

For example, I don’t think games that include Rock Paper Scissors have to be pegi 13, even if people verbally agree to bets before the Rock Paper Scissors, as long as there isn’t an input for gambling bets directly in the game.

I could be wrong though.

1 Like

So, on the user’s (our) side, I think they just have to make sure they don’t fall on the wrong side of this:
(I pronounce this oy-la like euler)
EULA
11.1.8(h). promotes any illegal or unlawful activity including but not limited to solicitation, gambling or the sale of prescription medicines;

Somehow I doubt request basket games or token games are illegal or unlawful.

Cool idea except you can change your game share and change accounts to bypass over and over.

1 Like

This would be great for my free sample stand. Currently just depending on people being honest.

4 Likes

@Jaidic Elaborate? I don’t know what this means. If this is a sufficiently tedious process, there will be many use cases that will still be viable (100c copper grapples, or 50c atlases for example)

On PlayStation you can game share with someone and you can both play at the same time, and you can change who you share to.

On steam you can share with 5 people, but they can only play when you are not playing. And you can change who you share to.

So you can create new accounts to share to yourself and swap permissions over and over.

2 Likes