Portal Token Thief

Yes, this happens every week.

Curious if they could add in a set of commands like we have in other games.

ie:

/guildlog
12:03 Jimmy removed 3 portal conduits
12:08 Sally added 100 oort shards to a portal -100N 1294E
01:16 Sam placed 157 refined meta blocks
03:44 Dan donated 2345 coins
05:23 Sarah opened a portal -45N 934E

/guildlist
Jimmy
Sally
Sam
Dan
Julie

/planetstats
33 beacons
32456 plots
2435345 blocks removed
34222 blocks added
116 visitors today
3 meteors completed

4 Likes

Yeah this is basically the approach I plan to take or some very simple UI additions … See what they track and don’t and how easy it is to add some history to it or something. I feel honestly adding some log to shop stands might be nice for those running shops so they could follow-up, etc. No matter what I would be careful on the effort to achieve.

2 Likes

I used to take all the tokens when I a noob :laughing: it said free lol

7 Likes

I have this oroblem regularly! 2 or 3 tokens will get gone then ill wait 2 to 3 weeks and bo portal opened. I have thought maybe it is a beginner but it is happening far to much to be that!

Regardless of the thief-deterrent reasons, I think it would be great to have a “last purchaser” record. One of the sadder parts of having a shop stand is not knowing who came to buy your stuff. I think it would help foster friendships and relationships :slight_smile:

I am also strongly supportive of the X-per-patron shop stand idea.

The last thought I have is that people in general should not think of portals as zero-sum. People have as many portals as they find useful. There’s nothing to actually be gained by trolling other portal hubs on the same planet. If I want a portal at X place, having no tokens available there won’t deter me, I’ll just PM the owner… if Y place wants portals they need to provide a useful hub.

3 Likes

Just add a price to the stand if it’s a problem. Making this OP is just going to attract people (both token thieves and other “criminals”) to steal tokens from you more. Stay safe.

8 Likes

Yeah I thought about that too and started changing the signs to say “available”. Didn’t help.

2 Likes

I’m having this happen too… seems odd, as it is out in my one remote base. Was also kind of thinking maybe it was because it said “free” and they didn’t understand? It would just be a strange way to try to grief, and either that or not understanding are the only things I can think of. :thinking: Or perhaps someone intends to open it and isn’t getting around to it… and wants to make sure nobody else does first? Well, if trying to grief, it isn’t upsetting me, I just sort of shake my head and put out another every so often. More of just like, what the heck?

2 Likes

yep thats total “normal” no matter if its location tokens or portal tokens… this is one reason why i dont sell one of them… this is the main reason why u have to pm me to get a portal…

and forget about this idea to see whos interact last time with the basket… i got the same idea to give some people a vip trade location… but theres a “shaming rule”

sadly to say, i dont have a real solution, except higher prices 4 tokens

1 Like

except this suggestion i made…

we need a option on shop stands, that costumers only can take 1 pcs in 24 hours or 7 days or a month…

3 Likes

I always wondered… why are these tokens free ? why not 100c (with the option of free handtrade (also an opportunity to explain portals to new players))? it is a tiny sum when you only need 1 and the least of your worries when you are planning to open a new portal. 100c is enough for a new player to think twice / do some basic research and enough to either deter the thief or make the theft worth your while.
I’d prefer a 1 item per player stand, but in the meantime this…

7 Likes

I’m stingy when it comes to tokens. I won’t pay for any. I just talk to someone to give me the token lol

Not portal tokens, but all 47 location tokens from my shop were all taken yesterday, and there’s no possible way I had enough footfall for 47 people lol. Found that rather strange

1 Like

This has been going on since pre-release. I dub the culprit “The Collector” and wonder how many chests full of tokens they have by now. :thinking: Maybe a syndicate? Probably have meetings about how many they took and their new storage areas to showcase them.

7 Likes

You can make them “free” and undermine theft attempts by charging per token, then rebate the full amount when they successfully open a new portal.

2 Likes

I used to be suspicious of free tokens when I was new. thought that there had to be something wrong with it if they can’t give it away for free :smiley:

5 Likes

None of the portal hubs have instructions for how to use them.

I assumed I needed to buy all of the tokens or someone else could erase my portal with one of the remaining ones.

I solved my conundrum by finding a shop stand with exactly one token… lol

1 Like

I think its fair game tbh, buy out the competition - just add a price to the token and make some coin?

1 Like

How do you figure when you’re talking about portal tokens to a hub you don’t own?

How would you even show which portals they open?

1 Like