Oort bag or sachel

I know I cannot be the only one that runs out of inventory space while clearing an atlas and collecting resources. I would love a way to expand my inventory, rather than using a portal every time I clear a region costs 100 coins to port to home plot on planet, just to put items in storage, then run the map to where I last was. Please dev team give us inventory expansion options. I would live to just spend 8 hours running a planet and killing everything I see. While collecting plant drops, rocks wood etc. Thank you

7 Likes

Once upon a time, there was a two level skill that increased your inventory space. I assume they took it out for a reason, but I also assumed they took it out because there was some sufficient replacement. I was wrong

I’ve given a full suggestion for this in the past. Might want to check it out and see if it’s in line with your thoughts.

I see. Like the WoW bag system. I could see it working.

Only real addendum I have would be that it would need to take a equipped item slot as well as an inventory slot. Perhaps the extra slots in your inventory are not available unless that item’s equipped slot is an active one in either the led for right hand. Then hide access to those slots when you have you hammer and shovel equipped

maybe increasing stack sizes or expanding smart stack windows would help a bit.

1 Like

The inventory space now is what it was before ‘after’ unlocking both expansions.

7 Likes

I get it. But as many people have pointed out, we want it back really. Or at least a replacement. Thanks for the response for sure.

It seems to me that you don’t. The inventory space you have now, you previously had to unlock by investing skill points. You started out with 1 row of inventory only.

And you say you want this situation back?

1 Like

ummm no. you started out with 4 rows, and you unlocked an additional 2 rows. at one point you were at 48 total. that is what im referring to.

or rather… actually you are right, kinda. we started with 2 rows actually, but we could unlock up to 48 total. that is what we want… the whole point is more inventory. 32 is not enough

But wasn’t the inventory skill waaay before smart stacking as it is now? If I recall the current inventory and smart stack system is much better than I remember in EA when we just had that inventory increase skill.

1 Like

it 100% absolutely is. you are correct. the smart stacks were terrible back then. it literally had to be the exact same material. now it can be a category of material, which is way better. still more would be better. for instance, when you carry your normal equipment (like 8 slots for me), and got 3x3 mining for diamonds, in about 25 minutes (before your pie is up) you run out of inventory space. you literally fill 24 smartstacks of rock/sand/gravel. sooooo yeah. with an AOE hammer that is one-shotting blocks, even the current awesome smart stacks are not enough space.

Incorrect.

The current Inventory configuration is equal to unlocking all previous Inventory expanding skills.

The inventory now is equal to the max size in the past. Nothing has gotten smaller.

8 Likes

ok my bad. im remembering wrong

I think craftable backpacks are an excellent idea. Maybe 3 different sizes, and they have to be equipped to access.

When they are equipped in the hot bar, you can add and remove mats from the interior, but when you remove from hotbar they are no longer accessible, closed if you like. All the stuff stays in there but can’t add or remove.

The only thing that kind of flags up to me as I’m writing this, is that I could fill the hotbar with backpacks, some people may see that as an exploit.

They should also be perishable, or even single use, this game needs more items that need to be made or bought again. More reason to gather, and keep economy going in the right direction.

I was not EA, but I assume the amount of mats, and the ability to gather huge amounts of them has increased dramatically since the current inventory size was decided?

So perhaps the number of inventory slots has not reduced, but it has not increased proportionally to the amount of mats being gathered, therefore it is relatively smaller now than it was when the number of slots was decided upon?

Apologies for the question marks, not sure how to present the above as queries, not statements, and not quite questions!

1 Like

Additional bags would drop on death :stuck_out_tongue:

Drop on death is horrible in a game like this, I remember in EA when we had tool durability loss on death which was really punishing, imagine having a stack of Diamond hammers and dying a couple of time to lag and lava, 50% durability loss on all tools in inventory…I was glad when that got removed!

2 Likes

I was just teasing! Personally I’ve felt the bag space is enough :slight_smile:

1 Like