Oortian worlds ------->still a thing?

aquatopia is planning an oortian world since release but zero info came from the dev’s
cant you guys just give us some info on whats going on our why it is taking so long i have patience but we had plans saved plots
etc etc its getting quit annoying not knowing nothing and alot off the people gave up on it i invested loads off time and also my friends to build one hell off a cool place but waiting until our pc are replaced with hologram technologies is a bit long
i know when it comes i fill that sucker up in no time but please just give some intel maybe you have a good reason but telling us nothing is just beginning to ■■■■ off my crew :frowning: most off us been here since beta and the excitement for aquarius is wearing off

3 Likes

Yes i had assumption that we would get backer worlds ends of 2018 cause someone said something to someones dog or something… whatever.
Yeap little info could be appreciated.

Even if it would be negative… like… give us something better than “its coming” …like this year?.. next year?

yeah @Buugi said it better lol good timing with the farming i can go back into moeb mode :smile: no worrys i reactivated dunedragon :joy:

#builtmymansiononthewrongplanetbecauseigottiredofwaitingforaquarius

5 Likes

This is pure speculation, but…

There are 4 major “promised” things left for them to work on (AFAIK)
Hunters and farming, both of which are going to be released pretty soon / already being worked on.

That just leaves 2 major updates - Player rental worlds, and titans. Of the two, i believe rental worlds are both easier to implement and more likely to generate money.

So theres a good chance this may be worked on soon after farming.

The only issue therefore are the specifics and, more importantly, the risk of splitting the player base up. On one hand it may attract new players, on the other it risks splitting up the playerbase even more.

1 Like

i agree
( they added all those other public worlds so i never understood why they did not take the early backer planets
they completely the same just public low tier worlds with custum name and custom palette that bugged me a little in the past :slight_smile: )

I do know that Exo planets were a first step in rental planets. It gave the developers the chance to make sure they can add and remove planets from the universe. The Oortian planets would be permanent planets that are part of the Oortian backer package so they would be a little different in that I do not think there is any reason for them to ever go away.

I do think once they make a decision to launch the Oortian planets and the rentals we might have to be patient. If we are expecting developer help in designing the worlds then they will have to have the time to provide the assistance.

thats another animal :smile:

1 Like

Basically the owner would have control over what the planet’s colors and designs are, and would have control over who can mine or plot there. Atleast, that’s as far as i’m aware.

There would also be private rental worlds where the owner could basically have it as creative mode, separate from the main universe

1 Like

sorry for the short reply
i made the post about a early backer perk that allowed a big backer to help choose the colors and biome’s off a low tier world and name it thats all it does some off us have acces to a sort off world builder but its more like a seed generator ya can tweak
ow and that planet would then be completely public like any other current low tier world

i always run one behind my brothers have all ps4 i just grab those when they get ps5 i hoard it all lol

1 Like

The only two things left that the devs have to bring us that were promised were rental worlds and titans. Everything else is extra cool and fun stuff.

What I don’t really get is why some of us have the World Builder tool yet it’s a confusing mess to use. If we can’t create our own world with it and then have that be our rental world, what is the actual point of having it then?

Anyways, I do think we need rental worlds sooner than we are prepared for them but at this point in the game I don’t know if I would really get one anyways. It really depends on the world settings and permissions I can have on it and whether or not I can edit them on the fly. I think that will make or break whether people want to get one or not.

you can make preefabs and biom’ s that the devs can add to the game. I think some of the preefabs you see around were player made.
I was exsited to buy the pack that included the world builder but it’s just to complicated for a simpleton like me.

I was also hoping to be able to use it to fabricate a world and play with some settings, but my experience with the tool was short and poor. Might have to try again. .

1 Like

Try it again, I can’t play much with it but I found it cool how you can change colours and those change at once in game client :slight_smile:

I am also waiting these permanent backer worlds, maybe developers want to add or improve engine before those are coming?

I need to find some instructions because I do not remember anything from my first attempt.

As far as what the developers are doing? I am sure they have been pretty focused on farming for a while now. What they are going to do next or would need to do to make the backer planets a reality? have no idea.

i think they dont have no idea either. :grin:

1 Like

Here my 2 cents on it.

I have given up hope of ever seeing backer worlds. More pragmatically, a large part of the value of them existing has been lost by them not being in the game at the time when it was most active. Even if they messaged me today and said lets do it. What is the point? Who would even see it or build there the 100 or so remaining players? Not to mention having to keep portals going.

I just claimed an 8x8 area last night in the Embassy to build what I had planned to do on my backer world. I think in light of the shrinking player base it would be wise to try consolidate the remaining players and builds into concentrated areas.

3 Likes

This is almost certainly the answer lol.

Just clearing this up but the oortian worlds aren’t rental worlds, at least from what I understood. I think they’re supposed to be “normal” public worlds, but the biomes designed by the player in question.

1 Like