Oortian worlds ------->still a thing?

I think having 50 huge planets in the universe (with the same creatures/planets/resources) is about 45 too many.

If griefing weren’t an issue, it seems most peaceful players prefer to build their homes & workshops on lush level 1 planets. Perhaps a handful of those should have been the public build planets with all others being unique, fun EXOs or club/rental planets.

Seeing some planets with an average of 0-3 players on them everyday makes me wonder what all of those block IDs/DB entries/bandwidth could be used for instead. :woman_shrugging:

It makes the population look even more sparse than it is to new players

There’s a large MMO that comes to mind that waited until they averaged over 30k players a day before they added a few more worlds/servers.

1 Like

That’s another part of the problem… so many planets are meaningless.

Not saying people would quit solely because of private worlds, but when they stop seeing people for weeks at a time on the regular worlds, eventually they will lose interest.

I don’t think rental planets would make 99.99% of anyone quit…anymore than they would now. They would literally function the same way as shared servers or club worlds in every other MMO - and it didn’t make anyone quit those games.

Roblox, Trove, etc…a lot of similar games have public areas & club/private/shared areas. They serve different purposes & people use them all.

That’s why I keep saying that there must be some unique reasons to rent/use rental planets - they can’t simply be regular planets added to the 50+ planet universe that we already have. Maybe rental planets should be much smaller than a regular one?

I think they should have allowed the Oortian planets to exist before we reached this point - unless they are going to be free rental planets given to those backers?

2 Likes

At the end of the Boundless life cycle I would love if private worlds/offline play was opened uo so that people can continue to enjoy the game.

1 Like

So if we agree that there are too many planets how could the developers fix it without making players that had bases on planets that were going away angry? Know if the removed the planet I am on, our guild has thousands of hours in the build and all the resources and having it go away would probably make some players quit.

I know this is also off topic, but if we are going to get 27 new planets and need to find a way to reduce the 50 that are already here it has to be considered.

2 Likes

The solution may be some sort of Boundless LFG system, or double resource harvest day for a random planet each day… events that encourage interaction like the Valentine’s day event.

I played a game that had to change a few big things like this. They offered players a one-time free manual blue-print request type thing. The devs manually replicated builds for people. One time only. I can’t remember if there was a fee or not though.

And this might be what is required. I can see where it might be a pretty daunting task. we have thousands of plots in out settlement so it would not be an easy thing to move. The second consideration is, for players that are not playing but have beacon fuel or gleam club, do they store those builds until either the beacon fuel or gleam club run out or the player returns?

If they remove builds/planets before someone’s GC runs out, I think they need to store it somehow. If someone’s GC runs out in the meantime, then everything as it was before - it goes bye bye.

1 Like

I would agree, the less they create upset players the better. They can store it offline and have a notification when players log in that if their home planet is not there follow these instructions to recover their build. .

1 Like

Putting in a single player mode would make more sense than player owned worlds. Or do player owned servers.

Because these planets would end up being just like exo planets, sure they’re nice to visit and pretty to look at, but nobody except the owner and their friends will be able to plot there. Probably won’t have resources or public ones.

But I would love a big planet to explore that I made happen!!!