🎄 Oortmas Extravaganza Alert!

Get ready to jingle those blocks! :star2: The Boundless Season is upon us, starting December 15, 2023, at 6 AM CST (noon GMT). The Known Worlds are decking the halls with snowy wonders, and even the local wildlife is in on the festive action with their Oortmas hats!

:lollipop: Dive into the magical world of Green Candy Canes dropped by the Oortmas creatures. Craft them into Gift Boxes and Oortmas trees to give your builds that extra dash of holiday cheer. :gift:

:snowflake: Snowball Meteorites are crashing the Winter Event party! Brace yourselves for giant Snowball Fight Meteorites on Starter Worlds. Beware of Snow Spitters armed with chilly projectiles - fight back with Handcrafted Bags of Snowballs! No defeat penalties, just pure embarrassment for getting hit before heading to the sanctum. :sweat_smile:

What else is in Santa’s sleigh? :santa: Red Candy Canes for crafting Snow Citizens and Twinkles, making your beacon shine bright with winter joy! :star2: The Oortmas Oorty is back, spreading joy like confetti once again!

:scarf: Winter fashionistas, rejoice! Father Oortmas beards, Oortmas Hats, Winter Scarves, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Wildstock antlers, and Snow Citizen masks are making a stylish comeback for a limited time.

:seedling: And don’t miss out on the magic of Candy Seeds, sprouting into Candy Totem tools! It’s an Oortmas miracle in every seed!

Get your snow boots on because Oortmas is a whirlwind of festive fun! :cloud_with_snow: Hurry, though, the celebration lasts two weeks only, ending on December 29 at 6 AM CST (noon GMT). Let the joyous Oortmas festivities begin! :tada:

20 Likes

Mumbles Grinchy noises

4 Likes

So basically the same oort as event as always? No new stuff?

5 Likes

i mean duh.

2 Likes

I wish there was more items to make from these I have so many boxes of presents sitting around .

3 Likes

2 words clear weather

Let’s get more Oortmas stories going!

I’m about to make a list for myself of old and new Christmas classics and brainstorm some puns and parodies.

I guess Rudy the Wildstock is the only sort of established character, but only so far as the name existing in game. We don’t even know the significance of his red nose. Is there a Santa whose sleigh he leads? Tiggs’ mention of Santa’s sleigh above is more of a human-to-human metaphor so I’m not counting that as canon.

Now I’m getting carried away and just deleted a paragraph that I could tell was going to unfold into like 5 more… gonna make a separate post later :sweat_smile: sometimes I wish I was a normal person.

6 Likes

Maybe time for snowboots @Tiggs ?
we walk barefoot on snow, its pretty cold you know!
You get some snow between your toes. You will be squeaking differently :sparkles: :relieved:

2 Likes

Yay! I am going to roll a T2 for the event! Expect snowball fights starting a week from Friday! :snowman_with_snow:

^c^

1 Like

obviously any new items are not possible at this time

but…
the cane drop rate… that one fix would change a lot

4 Likes

they still uploading the game on there pc james send it in diskettes you need to wait they said it takes a year to say how long it take :sweat_smile: maybe next year they can hire wonderstruck to do it :grin:

1 Like

I don’t imagine that either party is spending 8 hours per day working on this one thing. I’m guessing that James’ commitments to Larian would prohibit that on his end. I’d imagine it’s happening whenever there’s spare time, but that’s just a guess.

2 Likes

Im guessing at minimum 1 more year before transfer is complete enjoy the snow :roll_eyes: :snowflake: :snowman: maybe I will have time to buy a planet later this week and play for awhile. I need a different job lol :joy:

Don’t expect anything but radio silence…

1 Like

a lot of transfer is legal paper work, where authorities process documents - there are queues there and waiting for answer is not something you have control over; you can prepare your end of paper work and send it quickly, but waiting for answer can take months

multiple entities must be contacted separately as well, to ensure copyright compliancy etc.; communication may take time there too, as you only control your side of it and the other side can be slow replying

4 Likes

One of my favorite traditions in December is vacation, Christmas music, and working on my color storage in the Boundless snowy weather :smiling_face::christmas_tree:

3 Likes

anyone setting up Oortmas Hunts, I can’t Solo Oortmas Meteors like I do with T7 meteors :joy:

3 Likes

Yeah myself, @MADAMAWOL (EmeraldIsle) and @Chicula will be running oortmas hunts snd I’m pretty sure others will be too so should be plenty of choice :blush:

4 Likes

uhhhh wow that’s news (sarcasm off)

Hey Balkinus! :wave: are you missing Boundless already? :grin: