Oortmas is Coming!

Oortmas is Coming!!!

Tis the Boundless Season! Join in on the festivities starting December 15, 2022, at 6 AM CST (noon GMT). The forecasters are predicting The Known Worlds of Boundless will be experiencing snowy conditions, and reports of the local wildlife wrapped up warm in their traditional Oortmas hats.

For those of you who have yet to be visited by the Ghost of Oortmas past, let’s recap just how the Boundless universe changes over the holiday season. Those festive Oortmas creatures will drop extra-special Green Candy Canes. These are then used to craft decorative Gift Boxes and festive Oortmas trees to decorate your builds.

Snowball Meteorites 101

For the duration of the Winter Event, special Snowball Fight Meteorites will occur on Starter Worlds. Rather than a regular strike, a giant Snowball will crash to the surface of the World, bringing with it a swarm of special Snow Spitters, which will launch their chilly projectiles at Citizens and are impervious to regular Weapons.

You’ll have to fight snow with snow! Gather enough Ice from the Meteorite to Handcraft a Bag of Snowballs, and give the icy critters everything you’ve got! These will do direct damage to one target and are only effective against Snow Spitters. There will also be no Defeat Penalty on these events, with Players instead building up ‘embarrassment’ from being hit before heading to the sanctum having lost their ‘Meteorite Life.’ As well as Red Candy Canes, the rewards for these Snowball Fights include Food, Brews, and Gifts. Poorly behaved Citizens may end up with Coal…

What else is coming?

Red Candy Canes are used to craft Snow Citizens and Twinkles, giving your beacon some festive cheer for the winter. Not forgetting the ever-loveable Oortmas Oorty will be craftable once again!

Elsewhere, our previous Oortmas wearables are back in exchange for two weeks only, with the Father Oortmas beards, with the Oortmas Hat, and three designs of Winter Scarf all returning from last year, and 2018’s Rudolph the Red-Nosed Wildstock antlers and Snow Citizen mask joining them on sale once again.

You’ll also want to keep an eye out for special Candy Seeds, which are planted to grow the Candy Totem tool as a crop, an Oortmas miracle!

There’s a lot to see and do at Oortmas, and we can’t wait to experience it with you! Oortmas won’t be around for long; you’ll have two weeks to enjoy the festivities (end date December 29 AM, 6 AM CST (noon GMT).

44 Likes

Great that you bring all the events back :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Its Oooooooooortmaaaaasssss!! :musical_note:

5 Likes

Woohoo!! packs her pockets full of snowballs

6 Likes

I can’t wait to discover this event, I’ve never experienced it! :heart::stars:

5 Likes

time for all the snowballs and making ice box to protect myself :slight_smile:

6 Likes

oooo GOOD Idea!

2 Likes

we need higher red cane drop rate :pleading_face:

or lower crafting requirements for red cane based items :thinking:

6 Likes

Is anyone still playing, and if so where is still populated?

1 Like

@anyone - are you still playing Boundless?

:grin: :wink:

jokes aside - since the monumental news there have been a renewed interest in playing the game from some old timers; the ship is sailing somehow although we can’t be sure where yet

there are a few large guilds that run the show on different worlds - forgers, hunters, malls, portal networks; and a lot smaller groups or individual players scattered around universe and creating amazing things

a lot of community services (farms, shops, mines) are placed on sovereign worlds

6 Likes

every major city hub

3 Likes

Start: 2022-12-15T12:00:00Z
End:2022-12-29T12:00:00Z

4 Likes

I think there are small guilds still on most of the known worlds, and there are bigger, quite active guilds such as TNT, GTG, and The Future. What are you looking for?

3 Likes

Just looking for other players and signs of life…

2 Likes

us at the Vikings probably going to do a few of these hunts for the candy canes we have a good group of players should be fun :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I mostly hide out on Storis II but there are usually players around most days on both Storis and Angel I (I’m an Aussie, so on at different times to most of the player population.) Storis has a couple of guilds that are on Discord and all of the big guilds are on Discord, so plenty of ways to connect. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The events were automated and we did not lose events while the previous Devs were doing other things. Only Gleambow was a bit more rare.

1 Like

The first oortmas I turned an entire glacier from Gyosha into snowballs. I still have hundreds of stacks of them :rofl:

I use them too! They fun :clown_face:

6 Likes

Yay my first one.
So glad I get to experience it :grin:

4 Likes

Ooo such a tease for me when your playing 2 games and DLC releases the same day ughhh I need those canes too lol

6 Likes