Oortstone price poll

poll finally closed in OP. votes are in. Quick everyone rage about how the highest voted thing doesn’t match your opinion.

4 Likes

Damnit!!! I didn’t vote but the highest votes thing is BS!!! I don’t agree or accept that!!! ( no clue what people were voting on just to be clear)

2 Likes

Matched mine.:smiley:

1 Like

you guys shoulda voted for the highest option. make more money

I didn’t vote because something that we depend upon so much to travel, shouldn’t cost that much. It should be plentiful & should be 99c or less. But that doesn’t matter I guess bc it’s intended to be rare and not used as much as it is.

1 Like

I think 13c or 14c per shard or 180c to 194c for stone is reasonable. I think the problem is the low population or number of unique individuals, causing a soft cap on footfall capable and lack of hunters due to fewer people hunting. I dont think the actual cost of oort is the root cause of the rising issues.

2 Likes

For the current market, sure. For sustainability - nah.
Things worked better when it was 90-110c. Most people were gladly buying/selling at that price point.

2 Likes

Ah, I must have missed that time. :slight_smile:

It was the best of times

3 Likes

it was a brief time… before the dark times… before the gleambow event…

as a side note, my preferred option was the majority! woot, I only chose that range because unless I buy in that range my normal stocking capabilities cannot keep my store in the black.

2 Likes

lol The game is organically building it’s own lore now :grin: cool

3 Likes

I missed the ability to vote too, but I definitely agree to the 180-200 range.

They need to remove the “prestige” rock from meteor drops. Or make it a T7 drop sense less hunted. Sense it was put in meteors the Oort rate has dropped and hurt everyone across the board. Why hunt on a T6 if you are losing 1/3 of the Oort you’d normally get.

2 Likes

I used to sell oort at 190 - 200, seeming now that should go up, i probably buy at 250 and sell now at 300. seems good.

2 Likes

Not sure about organically… I’ve been trying to subtly add lore into the game since I started playing last September lol.

Just haven’t been doing it enough since like well, January? It’s one of the many things I wish to correct, I’m dropping a lot of other games again, and jumping back into boundless with both feet. I am an author so I love making stories, and the blank slate the devs have left us with is begging to be fleshed out.

3 Likes

We need lore in the game. Even lore about the “hand” that’s found on MANY planets. We need something. Where did the oortains go? Where do the meteors containing mobs com from? Where and how do exos appear? We need something!!! Write a folk lore for boundless :slight_smile: I’d buy it

well I’m an indie author so I could do that lol. I doubt I could sell it without wonderstruck’s blessing (and I wouldn’t even try to make money off it without their blessing tbh). I write both scifi and fantasy, and I’ve been taking note of several of the common formations, and clues we can infer by what little text is in game about lore.

I hope to have some level of speculation posts at the very least, or possibly some videos about it all in the next couple of months. stay tuned :wink:

3 Likes

@james @lucadeltodecso or any devs. Would you be willing to let freelance writers pen the world lore we so badly need?

1 Like

This is just genius! I cannot stop laughing

4 Likes

I voted based on prices with tax not handtrade value as it wasn’t specified. So my vote doesn’t match lol.