Oortstone supply

I would love to go on a hunt, I’ve tried even just taking on a level 2 meteor alone a die . A group would make it easier. We need more group hunts,

1 Like

This has been asked since at least the PS4 release, I’d imagine in EA too. It’s just as good an idea now as it was then.

You could almost see a town being built around the Job Board after it’s erected next to a few shops and houses…fast-forward a few months and there’s a whole new town that’s sprouted and grown all because of the Job Board bringing a central focus of community.

It’s hard to believe the game didn’t launch with a player contract system. I can think of few games that are built for this type of system.

1 Like

FTFY :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

feh. all the more reason to get rid of footfall in its current version and replace it with a better coin tap.

1 Like

They could even make it that there a certain job boards depending on settlement status. Once you reach settlement status you receive a job board you can place down. As I typed this out had second thoughts. Would still love jobs and contracts. I would start using my own farms alot more to fullfil contracts.

1 Like

A job board is just more personal than a request basket. Yes, it’d basically be a bulletin board style request basket, but if you could type 500-1000 chars to make it interesting, humerous, roleplayish, so many possibilities. It would go a long way towards bringing the community together. People would look at the board and go, “Phinneas, I know what we’re gonna do today!”

For anyone who would like to further discuss the awesomeness of job boards without derailing the Oort thread.

2 Likes

I’m starting to get a sense of direction, a tiny tiny one, but enough to be going bonkers exploring and loving those hubs. I’m trying to hook my home or store up to the Tigger tunnels b/c I adore the setup, it brings back happy memories from modern cities but between planets, whee! <3

1 Like

I have a few fave shops whose little portals of convenience for themselves to stock the store get me closest to where I’m going (getting to Calendera on Biitula otherwise is a pill) … I try and give those stores extra love for getting me closer to home. I can’t afford a portal in every port.

Its quite simple, many people get into the “Trader/crafter” role, wanting to buy stuff to trade, craft, build or fuel portals, not wasting 2 hours on a hunt.
Daily hunting for 2 hours on the same place gets repetitive and boring, so even enthusiast hunters will take a break.
The economy is in such situation that only new players or those who are broke are willing to sell oort.

This will get better only if we consider hunting as a part of the fun and go for a hunt at least once per week. And by “We” I mean all of us.

Getting another source of Oort into the economy? What might happen ?

Scenarios
  • will it be easier / faster to get Oort ? This might kill hunting completely, but oort supply will be sufficient. We will just whine on shortage of Vital Essences.
  • will it be same speed 100-150 oort per hour ? you need no leader or group or specific timing… it might kill hunting as everyone will go the easier way, might get more oort into the economy
  • will it be more difficult getting 50-70 oort per hour ? This may split the playerbase resulting in less gains from hunts, some gains from the other source… Result - no change or only slight better supply in the economy.
  • will it be from other form of hunting (Titans) ? Yay ! more hunters on board !

It is like saying there is not enough money and we print some more. Oort is Value. The more you print the less people will work for it.

The simple solution - don’t whine over oort shortage and go hunting !

The safest way to know about hunts is to join Discord Hunter Bot via any guild discord channel. Invitations are coming usually 2 hours before the start. All hunt leaders are trying to spread the word about their hunt as good as possible, but the Discord Bot is at the moment the most reliable source of all major hunts.

4 Likes

Halalooyah.

Sure you hosting a hunt at the times I want to do one??? :wink:

What I like about mineable oort is that I can do it whenever I want without needing to check times and arrange my life around it.

Besides, most hunts lately are outside EU times, I know yours aren’t but they aren’t every day. And am not always playing when yours are, etc.

Anyway, there IS nothing wrong in my opinion if there are more ways to get oort, especially not if they do it in such a way that they aren’t as abundant as say topaz/sapphire :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just say, if there is more time-comfy way of getting the oort, I might go and get it that way myself too. So likely this will even reduce the number of hunts and increases mining grinds, increases prices of vital essences and we will be discussing again if we can get vital essences from Earthyams…

Is this what we want ? Or am I exaggerating ?

1 Like

I think it will lead to people opening portals back up and oort staying around the same price as it is now. Maybe even people opening bigger portals that consume more oort to eliminate the small jumps, leading to less portals thus increasing server performance. Oort prices have gone from 180 or less to 250 recently. But who knows what will really happen.

4 Likes

Always! :joy:

In all seriousness it’s why I said that if they do it in such a way that mining only isn’t viable then it won’t hurt hunting at all.

But I also think that hunting meteorites could use some changes, it got very stale for me after a while so I didn’t do it too often and lately when there’s a day I want to go there’s none in the EU and I think if there would be more variety in mobs behaviour and the creatures themselves that it will be suddenly more interesting and more hunts will be held!

Because honesty I think that is the biggest reason for less oort, not many people wanting to hunt anymore…

1 Like

“We” as a community really do have way too many portals right now. It’s not sustainable. We aren’t doing anything wrong though, it’s simple supply and demand. I’ll be hunting at least a couple days per week, but doubt I’ll sell much of my Oort. Some I’ll keep, some I’ll donate, may drop a couple in a basket if I see a shiny axe I want but that’s about it.

1 Like

Or I may become a villain and start producing decorative oort blocks - MWahahahahaaaa!

And that is what we have to change ! :muscle::bow_and_arrow::ringer_planet:

1 Like

If this is true then they need to find a way to make players want to hunt and it cannot be just because the community needs Oort. That is where we are now and that is not working. So do you have to increase drops so a player can get in an hour what it takes two hours to get now? How do you make players that do not care to hunt want to hunt? And obviously higher selling prices for Oort is also not enough.

The other alternative is to take the drops that come from hunts and place them so they are incidental to other activities like mining or gathering or farming.

Maybe the hunters should go on strike and show everyone just how valuable they are.

3 Likes

Yes yes go on strike! I hunt on my own to fuel me 3 little portals. Well perhaps need to do more hunting when i have more portals to fuel. I guess all that foot fall help me get in more oort to fuel portals with once i get my portal hub network up and going.

1 Like