Opinions about current live build

I am of the opinion that the old lvl 3 - 5 meteors were too rewarding
I am of the opinion that the old lvl 1-2 meteors were fine in their rewards

Iam of the opinion that the new lvl 1-2 meteors are pointless
and
I am of the opinion that the new lvl 3 meteors are far to lacking in reward… I havent seen or done a 4 or 5 as of yet… so I wont comment on that but my assumption based on the 3’s is that lvl 4 and 5 will likely be lacking…

So before the low levels 1 and 2’s were fine the 3-5 were too much but now the 3-5’s have been watered down far too far and there needs to be a middle ground reached…

OK I do understand what people are saying about solo hunts not delivering enough reward. I also have read a lot about how people can level easily hunting for a few hours or less. I spent 6 hours yesterday building and certainly did not get enough xp to level. If the activities are supposed to be balanced, should I not be able to level after placing about 5,000-6,000 blocks and chiseling a decent percentage of them? (btw thank you developers for reducing the energy to chisel). I am not saying xp for hunting should be reduced, but what about increasing the xp for the other activities?

3 Likes

I understand what your saying however… if you make the place of a block to rewarding then the game would turn into max dex walk backwards and hold the mouse button to get xp meta… but your right Hunters have the easiest time leveling…

Thats why I level via hunting and then change my character out after he is lvl 50 to whatever he will be…

1 Like

we had a relatively hard time with level 1s and 2s on yesterdays hunt… its not like they were a push over with a group of 6, I reckon with 1 or 2 they would be pretty difficult (this was on a fierce t5 world)

Unless you are specifically talking about their rewards, not them just being pointless in general… in which case that’s fine

Yeah, I feel like this is true in some cases. The meteor loot isn’t super great when you are solo, it feels hardly worth the extreme extra effort.

I would also say that with new monster types that meteorites would be more interesting for sure. And I know that’s coming eventually, so I can be patient

I don’t think that meteorites are easy in general, I just think that resistance tanking is too strong.

Rebalance wildstock to not 1 shot you, reduce resistance down to like 60% at max rank + epic, then nerf resistance food to 20% more at max level so you are capped at 80% for a tank. Wildstock have to be rebalanced in this however they just hit too hard to even be taking damage from them at all

Then buff armor too, because its really quite useless at the moment against the big hits.

Either that or make resistance a % damage reduction instead and then buff armor just a bit, so a really hefty tank could take both (lots of skill points tho) to be nearly unkillable like now, but the average player just gets decent benefit.

Right now the system is all or nothing more or less. And having 100%+ avoidance doesn’t feel very engaging, that’s why I avoid the resist food as a self imposed thing so I have to actually take some damage, lol

2 Likes

Big changes coming to xp from all sources soon. Think you will be much happier.

10 Likes

Like before wipe soon? Soon approaching is the time we need the most experience we have ever needed :slight_smile:

Can’t say when but we want to get it out for the new worlds.

5 Likes

I think its rly early to say anything about the game. Its going to be more or less relevant when we get the 1.0.

Yay :slight_smile:

Where did the shadows and vibrancy go?

1 Like

especially ticked off with the lighting (glare) myself… bring back god rays!!! option

But then i read the devs are still WIP on the lighting so patients?

You have 8 forum accounts that I am aware of as well… how do you keep up with all of the log in information? Why have 8 separate identities? You’re simultaneously posting on multiple accounts.

2 Likes

Yeah i wonder the same question as well…
Looks like he use a lot of different account to stand the different point of view which make me very confuse :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Do you mind list them all so people know its the same person who keep speaking the different things all the time -_-

1 Like

My name is Legion, for we are many :wink:

3 Likes

can someone explain the little hearts under creature life bars now? i was fighting a mob with max slingbow skill/power/epic slingbow and only doing 10 dmg on non crits. is there a way to get more damage on these extremely high armour mobs, or are they supposed to be like bosses or something?

What type of slingbow were you attacking it with?

regular ruby

I’m guessing it’s an elemental variation you are attacking? If so ruby will be less effective on a burn world.

If I remember correctly - the 4 icons represent Health, Damage, Armour and Speed

Do you have an alternative slingbow you can try against them?

1 Like

And less effective on a blast world too (to a lesser extent than on a burn world but still)