Ore etc changes

So could anyone figure out why they changed place or altitude pretty much every mining related item ?

now you find gold and silver from kinda surface level.
copper is everywhere. fossils are around everycorner.
Iron is still ok to find but its not like “i go get some iron brb 1min” you rly gotta look for it.

If some dev is reading this i would like to know what masterplan is behind this mashpotato.

3 Likes

I’m not 100% sure but iv’e just been mining for amethyst and they don’t seem to be in any of the altitudes they used to be. The few Iv’e found have been under lava lakes whereas before i’m pretty sure they were up high in mountains. Can confirm as Buugi say’s fossils everywhere and iron a little bit more difficult to find.

1 Like

Honestly im not rly sure whats the deal here to swap around ores and such altitudes. There been that way ages and now month to launch they decide to change it. Feels kinda worrying.

1 Like

I’m seeing the same with plants.
Before I farmed Munteen for the mushroom thingies on the surface but now there’s nothing.
Only found one Trumpet and Staff plant in about 30 min time.

1 Like

if the ores and especially gems are going to be generating at a different or low altitude respectively, then I would say that is a VERY good thing. do you know how hard it was to find amethysts or emeralds in recent months?
lower altitude spawning for all gems would be absolutely fantastic. that would allow a lot more of them to generate. higher altitudes for ores, great! why not? they will be easier to find for starting players

3 Likes

We are working on the resource balance to try and improve a few key areas: their rarities and identities. Here is an overview of what we are trying to achieve in terms of resource location:

Amethyst - shallow water areas
Emerald - deep water areas
Sapphire - inside hills
Topaz - inside mountain
Diamond - deep bellow mountains
Ruby - below sandy deserts
Copper - mid altitudes
Iron - lower-mid altitudes
Silver - mid altitudes
Gold - low altitudes
Titanium - deep under mountains
Fossils - scattered bellow the surface
Tech - higher altitudes

Hopefully this is an improvement in diversify resource locations slightly and making it more interesting to hunt down the items you need.

We have made a mistake with the balance on the player servers. The resource data comprises of two parts: where resources are and how much there should be. We have updated the “where resources are” part on servers without updating the “how much there should be” data. I suspect this is partly to blame for the issues you are seeing. We hope to get the most up to date resource balance out early next week. We are sorry if this affects your enjoyment of the game until then.

Thank you for bringing this issue to light.

24 Likes

The amethysts I found were under lava lakes which made them even harder to reach and even with bomb mining I only found 6, still extremely small veins.

When you say water areas does that mean under lava as well or just water?

Just water at the moment. Lava would be interesting but incredibly difficult to reach. A fun challenge perhaps!

1 Like

I was just wondering because that’s where they are at the moment on Munteen which doesn’t have any water only lava lakes. Under water would be somewhat easier :grin:

thx for the reply.
Copper -everywhere low-mid- even high few here and there. (feels like it has taken the spots from silver and gold)
Iron - in mid low more than higher altitudes,
Gold : very few in low altitude otherwise its pretty much surface or higher
Titanium - almost same thing as gold. not seen near lava or low altitudes.
Silver- ive seen mid - high altitude
Fossils - everywhere
Tech- mid and higher. few low altitude here and there.

hope you get it fixed and right. rly annoying to find gold or silver example.

great we can find lots of salmon colored copper!!!

I did notice it was a lot harder to find iron on Vulpto than in the past.

Remember that surface can be as low as 40-50 and also as high as 80-100. The altitude reference only cares about the actual level above mantle and not surface. I’m sure if you go to high altitude plateau you won’t find gold on surface there.

idk about now but on test server found gold at 162 alt

So does this mean that all gems can be found on a planet now??? If so big -1 to this change…

I mean, I’m not against it I guess, but it is a huge change. Can anyone confirm finding gems on planets they were not previously available?

To give you a little more information most of the resource do not have hard rules. That is to say that gold is most common at low altitudes but can spawn at higher ones on rare occasions.

Additionally gems will only be able to be found on their own world types e.i. ruby on burn worlds. We are making a small change though. You will be able to find gem types of the worlds sister element just in much lower quantities e.i. a low amount of diamond on burn world.

4 Likes

To add to that the element pairs are as follows: (please check this @Tobelawe😂)
Diamond and Ruby (blast and burn)
Sapphire and Topaz (chill and shock)
Amethyst and Emerald (corrosion and toxin)

3 Likes

That is correct.

Amethyst and Emerald make up the the caustic gems.
Diamond and Ruby the volatile gems.
And Sapphire and Topaz potent gems.

It worth also mentioning that these pairs have a parent element:

Rift is the parent element of potent gems.
Darkmatter the parent of caustic.
Blink the parent of volatile.

10 Likes

Ah, awesome. I was wondering how specials were going to tie in