Other games

Looking forward to this game the most however I would like it to be more of a massive multiplayer game but for the time being it’s still amazing looking. All the crafting equipment is amazing

Beyond pumped about Light No Fire, announced by Sean Murray of Hello Games last night! :smile:

And so happy too that BG3 got GOTY! :grinning: Lot of cool stuff shown at The Game Awards though they really need to break it into two nights or something, IMO. A lot of awardees got no time and Swen from Larian got very, very little for the GOTY acceptance speech, he had to rush just to honor Jim Southworth, who they lost to cancer, and was also a Boundless dev.

7 Likes

It’s an exhilarating moment at The Game Awards! Larian Studios and Baldur’s Gate 3 rightly won Game of the Year (GOTY), despite Sven’s statement was cut short owing to time constraints.

1 Like

:scream: That’s awful… :sob:

2 Likes

I somehow missed that post - maybe because I don’t pay attention to this thread much… kudos to @tarranth for bringing it up here

Sad, sad… always sad to hear Boundless losing another member of the family (no matter co-creator or player).

R.I.P and stay Boundless on the other side, Jim Southworth :candle:

2 Likes

Thread here, with a link to a very touching article quoting many of the team - Very sad news about one of the former Boundless team

4 Likes

This game is probably my top pick for most anticipated games so far light no fire. It may finally help me get over the slump of in my opinion not the most worth while games to play out there atm.

5 Likes

anyone playing this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2Pdio9EqRU
if you don’t, you should.

4 Likes

Just another survival game same ole same ole sadly.

1 Like

and i played them all :smiley:
this one (technically more of a building rpg than survival) is better than your average early access survival crafting game. not for everyone, of course, but i happen to like it very much for many reasons i enjoyed boundless

3 Likes

I do like the building in it. The thing that sets Boundless apart to me is that it’s an entire universe all connected. It’s very seamless and one of the things I think that sets it apart from other games. The building perspective I can duplicate in other games, Minecraft, Creativerse, etc. But truly hard to beat Boundless in the feeling of scale.

Enshrouded is a decent game though and thoroughly glad you are enjoying it. Nightingale is also quite fun. Palworld is also fun, it wasn’t for me as Pokemon with guns wasn’t my style, but did play it for a number of hours.

1 Like

Im playing this game a lot lately.
As Redlotus said, the buildingmechanic is great in this game…
and has nice textures - lighting and so on …
Though, I am missing chiseling in it.
But it is EA, and has active :grinning: development :+1:

1 Like

I was looking into it and saw some gameplay but not sure it is what I want from a game…

Is it more like Valheim (freedom within the world) or more like a set of quests - rpg style?

1 Like

Enshrouded is more like Valheim. It’s your typical survival game. The only thing that really caught my eye was the building is a lot better than most.

1 Like

h ok - that sounds good - no silly quests to progress then? truly open world to explore and do what you like and in your own pace?

1 Like

It does have quests…

Quests - The Enshrouded Wiki

1 Like

is the a main story one needs to finish then?

the progression / openness of the world is very much like valheim, even though it has quests. you can get to most places (digging, gliding…) you just won’t survive there. the main story is ‘get all the stuff to make all the stuff’

1 Like

Yes, there are quests that need to be completed to advance the “campaign”.

1 Like

One game I bought when it came out was Planet Crafter. It’s pretty basic, but has a dedicated team.

3 Likes