Outdated - Boundless Code of Conduct

Yup this is one of the biggest problems in this game with the community. Too many people don’t stop and think about their tone or snide comebacks or “quips of humor” or whatever and how that actually makes the situation worse. I’ve seen plenty of conversations where both sides take no time to even understand each other and prefer to argue on a specific point’s nuance. Not to mention complete failure to actually understand the challenges the Devs face and why things are hard to move forward toward resolution.

I think most people here want the best for the game. Some just enjoy the conflict and their actions both here and in game prove it. For me the long run of a person’s actions and way they approach situations proves really how willing they are to “work together” to make the game the best it can be for all here.

3 Likes

This is where the community really sometimes needs to think twice and why I don’t really participate much in the forums lately…

I’m not trying to be rude here but just very disappointed. Here you go talking about “tone” and all this but decide to respond like that. Sorry but many of the people that “muted” others might consider some of their own actions in creating that situation. Yes there are some that might want to burn things down but even then in their own actions - they have reasons that if really understood might valid. Plus when you “mute” someone you have no chance to ever see if they maybe actually “change” and become better in their communication style.

I believe any person that you don’t agree with you can resolve things if both are willing to work toward it. Unfortunately not all are willing to have that conversation or put any effort.

2 Likes

Why? Muting is a great solution if one feels harassed or bothered by individuals texts or PMs that can’t be stopped with a polite request to stop. I am also muting specific individuals and I feel I don’t miss anything of value.

2 Likes

Personally, there’s only one person I’ve muted on the forum, so it’s not like I have half the playerbase in there…
Muting someone on the forum isn’t even a permanent thing. The forum will auto-unmute after 4 months or something. And you can still check what a muted person says. Sometimes, I’m curious enough to look. But yeah, like Ouby says, in the end, it makes for a slightly better reading experience.

Truth is, yeah, I made it look like I was joking in my reply to Peyago… but I wasn’t. I actually spent a few minutes wondering who he meant, and I still don’t know for sure. Might be someone totally different to who I was thinking.
But if he was referring to who I thought, then I want nothing to do with that mess. Hence the gif to be taken as “ok I’m gonna go now”.

1 Like

I do not think anyone needs to justify why they use a function that is available to be used. If you want to mute 1 or 50 players that is your business and the reasons you do it are your business also. This is a very diverse community and some players are just not going to get along and some players are going to do nothing but get under another players skin with what they contribute to the forums. What is the difference in muting and just skipping over what they wrote? Nothing but muting sure makes it easier.

6 Likes

I got what you were saying, no gripes from me on your reply :slight_smile:. I wasn’t referencing anyone in particular, just explaining why I mute people. I don’t feel bad or guilty about it in way and don’t think anyone should.

I take most of the posts on our forums with a happy tone, since there is enough negativity in real life. Some people make that really hard to do on a regular basis so I make it easier to avoid them. You can usually see how they are reacting that day from the other posters before taking a gander. Out of the 5 people I have muted, 4 are usually pleasant. Others take the forums very seriously and I am sure have me muted. If it makes their experience better, more power to them! They shouldn’t be forced to see my gifs or posts if they don’t want to.

2 Likes

different folks, different strokes.

some peeps are more sensitive to their own interpretation of what others say and want to dissect every single nuance ad nauseum.

these are public forums so should expect varied responses, from serious comebacks to flippent replies, that’s part of the rich tapestry of life.
if you don’t like it you can always scroll down, redirect the conversation back on track or switch threads.
engaging in a blow by blow analyses what you (not you!) thought someone else said and why you think they don’t match up to your high ideals doesn’t help anyone.
for some people, it may be more beneficial for them and for the community as a whole just to ignore, get over it and move on…because otherwise there will always, always be someone just around the corner who will displease you.
learning to deal with that myriad of voices is part of being an adult (though my young nephew and niece already pros at this…they are unfortunately already very good at ignoring my attempts to wind them up).

CoC is very useful for those times when lines are crossed but let’s be honest, that is very rarely the case…some people are just more sensitive than others.

3 Likes

Wow Xaldafax, Your words are wise…I totally agree with this…

I find it helps with the tone when things get heated if you read everyone’s posts with a Morgan Freeman voice (although it does take longer) :wink:

4 Likes

Totally worth it though.

1 Like

…where best to report someone?
(for botting or macro use)

The in-game report function will be best.

There is in game reporting in the options menu.

It also allows you to submit a game log.

bit late for that was a few days ago but got screenshots and a short vid

If there’s evidence to be shown in reporting I would think of sending a PM about it to @Leahlemoncakes or @james. But like the others said, otherwise just make an initial in-game report if it makes sense to do so.

2 Likes

So if someone does any of the things mentioned here. Nothing ? @james @moderators