Owned worlds shouldn't cost plots

I don’t have a long, drawn out argument. This just feels right. Plotting on your owned world shouldn’t cost plots.

22 Likes

After seeing pricing. I totally agree with you.

13 Likes

I agree with you guys, I obviously wouldn’t want to plot my entire planet but for large projects it is going to be a beast.

8 Likes

I disagree and have disagreed with this argument from the beginning. These sovereign world’s are supposed to follow the standard rules of the regular universe, while the Creative world’s give you unlimited plots.

Having unlimited plots for buying a sovereign world is bordering on P2W territory and gives an unfair building advantage for real life money compared to those who don’t pay. I understand it’s “your world” but that doesn’t mean you get to bypass standard universe rules which includes needing the necessary plots to build.

20 Likes

Curious how many people would be playing on MC servers if they also had to buy a bunch of plots. Same with Roblox, Ark or any other game :woman_shrugging:

Permissions, the ability to block players, remove beacons…many things don’t follow the “universe rules” already.

7 Likes

And that’s expected as it’s a sovereign world and doesn’t give an in game advantage. MC isn’t an MMO with an interconnected universe. Neither is roblox. There’s no in game advantage to being able to give permissions or block players or remove beacons. But there IS an advantage to being able to build with no plot limit. That’s where the issue lies. You can change the rules if it doesn’t give you an advantage. But being able to build with no plot limit DOES give you an advantage that those other perks don’t give you

6 Likes

I don’t think you should get infinite plots but maybe you should get a few plots bundled with your fuel without extra payment.

Plots can be purchased already so giving a few plots every month or so to planet owners shouldn’t be a big deal

7 Likes

100 player build competition in MC

2 Likes

I will continue to disagree because a plot is a block of air and gives you no XP & no prestige unless you place blocks in it and build something.

4 Likes

But players that don’t pay for them have to grind xp to trade for plots.

Exactly. There is already a method to bypass the grind, if a player so chooses. They can buy cubits with real money and buy plots. Players are spending extra extra money on rentals, it wouldn’t hurt if they came with a few plots.

5 Likes

But that’s the issue. You need to earn those plots to claim that chunk of air. While the chunk itself gives no XP and no Prestige, what you DO with it does. So while someone who doesn’t pay has to grind their plots, a sovereign owner just gets handed an infinite number of plots to build with and do what they want? Bypassing the need to grind for XP and plots? This gives them the advantage of being able to build something very large and spectacular on their own world, bypassing the plot limit, and bringing in footfall and prestige far easier than those who have to grind for XP.

And I think being able to buy cubits and exchange them for plots Is still a little P2w but that mechanic had been in the game since before I started playing so there’s nothing I can do about it. The only thing I can do now is fight against those trying to get infinite plots for owning a world.

I agreed the solution would be a flat rate fee of plots packaged with the world fuel per month. Say 100 plots per month. That’s 1200 a year. Not a ton, but definitely enough to get a little incentive for buying a world without being absolutely ridiculously OP as an infinite plot count would be

7 Likes

Yes just want to be clear that there is a huge difference between limitless plotting and getting a few every cycle.

3 Likes

I don’t agree with infinite plots, its enough of a stretch of the survival rules already with being able to boot your neighbors as it is.

I COULD be convinced of the merits of allowing your max earned plots on your own sovereign world.

So, if I have 800/1000 plots in survival, on my own sovereign world I have a max of 1000 plots to spend without affecting or being affected by my plots used in public survival.

11 Likes

Infinite plots = Creative.

None of this really matters at this point because they already decided to do things without including any plots.

2 Likes

I’m aware. The OP said he thinks owned world’s shouldn’t cost plots. Many here think sovereign world’s should get infinite plots. That’s what I’m arguing against specifically. I can compromise. I’m not heartless. I’d be happy to give a little in favor of what the community wants. If it would appease people to get a few plots a month with their world fuel. Or have a separate plot count from their owned world to the standard universe? That’s more acceptable to me. But specifically I’m arguing that sovereign world owners should not in any way get unlimited plots to use on their world simply because they pay for the world

1 Like

I agree with OP, but this discussion was completed months ago.

I mean, if you rent a whole house, don’t you expect to be able to put furniture in all of the rooms?

The only time you should pay more for a rental server is if you exceed the population/bandwidth limits. But they did it a different way here. It is what it is :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

Yeap.
They should At least add good info what you are getting and what not.

(not that i know if there alrdy is… But if past repeat itself… Theres not)

1 Like

I can only see that happening when they simultaneously add a limitation like “you can’t have more then 1000 plots in the public universe”.

We don’t want people to build on their world without using plots because then people would just spend all their plots on “nature reserve” “builds” or land speculation plotting in the public universe. Because what else are you going to use your plots for?

1 Like

They already don’t, being able to lock everyone out from a planet that is connected with the main universe is already a big p2w rule break. Pay $10 a month to finally be able to mine diamonds again because in the public universe the resources are blocked.