Pay Cubits for Coins or

How would it improve the game? Please share your thought process!

And why don’t you answer the questions I’ve already asked?

Again… Simpler this time…

If I can buy coins with cubits and thus real money, I, myself, will:

• close Noms 'n More, because why would I want to waste time crafting pies and other food stuffs for a measly amount of coins if there’s an easier way to get coin?
  • close Brews 'n Stuff, because I don’t see a point in selling my brews to others for a very low sum
  • close Original Forgeries, no point in doing it myself and sell them, I am swimming in coin since I buy my coin with real life money

Then slowly, one by one, all the other shops will close because they do not see the point anymore either.

Followed by malls and markets being demolished since no one needs them anymore since there are no shops!

And then you have all the coin in the world! But… you can’t spend it…

And you need to craft your owns foods then, and brews, wait for it! learn how to forge…

yep, most definitely turns the game in a much better version of itself!

Are you sure you’re not just trolling??

1 Like

I’ll trade you my Visa numbers for 500k coin…Yup…id definitely be long gone if that were to happen! Sorry.

No that is not a solution. I have deleted alts in the past. Some players like the opportunity to restart and go through the process of re-leveling their character. Why do we want to take this away. This is the cost to players of alts versus skill sets.

But this is off topic. I will agree with others that have stated that allowing the purchase of coin for cubits as this does make the game more P2W. That is already a problem with some reviews and this would just make it worse.

Ok first off this surely is P2W.
Heres the problem as I see it coming from a noob gatherer up to eventual shopkeeper.

As a noob gatherer I ran into this situation. I would farm sellable items all day then I would spend literally Hours
looking through these socalled “Shops” that were half empty baskets full or 1c each for stuff they were selling clearly for 100x that. Also sometimes I would wait for portal lag for minutes just to see a shop with 1 shop stand wasting a lot of time. As I look back now I see this same problem TOO many shops and not enough REAL ones. Meaning you could go round in circles before you find an actual shop to sell or buy at a good price. So yeah selling can be overwhelming when you just wanna play yet have to spend hours to sell your items.

ALSO as a shop keeper (“Bricka Brack” Gyosha Mall # 77 The “Axe and Shovel” wood shop # 78 gyosha mall portal “Xa Frant Builders and Merchants” All hub portals) I find some gatherers are just plain lazy! I have over 100k in wood baskets of specific colors I need I even list the planet the wood is on and they go empty for weeks however (ive tried this) If I just put general trunk for 1c it gets filled day after day with the exact same wood day after day which leads me to believe theres only a couple folks cutting wood from their backyards and never venturing out. So I’m not sorry if you are one of those kinda people. If when I was a noob saw baskets full of coin (and this is tier 1 to 3 I do the higher tiers myself) I woulda had all that coin in a few days easy. But here they sit fulla coin. So no sympathy for the lazy sorry.

The baskets are # 78 gyosha mall and through that portal to your right is “The Axe and Shovel” baskets there as well.Buying meats and bones and blood hides which are easy drop items in Bricka Brack # 77 Gyosha mall.

Its not easy running a shop there are days I come in and all my stock has dwindled and I didnt really wanna farm but you do it because you know if you go empty ppl will forget you pretty easily or affiliate you with being a dead shop. Life is like that though in real life as well as game if you wanna succeed at anything you gotta do whatever it takes and spend the time and effort to get there and stay there. Thats why Bricka Brack will never give away free stuff. You give ppl free stuff they expect to get free stuff everyday so why work or pay for it right?

2 Likes

That would be like trove. Been awhile since I’ve played it but you used to be able to trade their credits(or the gleam club equivalent,can’t remember which) for coin. It was actually pretty nice to do that. There were times where I bought it with the in game currency as well as times I sold them for currency.

I don’t want the game to be p2w… but I would somewhat p2w because I like this game too much. I would prefer the currency not be a cash shop item, though. :<

I would definitely buy a bigger plot bonus % or upgrade my backer package plot bonus if I had the chance.

Come to Psycho planet snatchers in the legendville mall. I’m making forged tools and weapons. Got forged gold fists, slingbows, and tools. They may not be perfect but prices range from 3000-6500. Very affordable. Not t6 world quality but will get you by. Also if you need coin. Get your own store in a busy mall and get the prestige over 10000 and you’ll be make a few thousand coin a day. If you have gems/oortstones you want to get rid of I’d trade you for forged gear too.

Dealz in Arie is always looking for leaves and ores, don’t know about gems though

Back to the topic please. - I would love to be able to buy coins for Cubits and I think it would enrich the game. - Many do not want it, okay … but if I may be completely honest … I think many are just afraid then not to be the richest and thus to be able to determine the market.

edit:
I hardly have any money to live myself. Since I only get a very small disability pension. Still, I would pay real money for coins

Sorry i dont like the idea of paying real money for in game currency. I could afford to if I wanted but you’re putting people who can’t afford to pay real money for coin at a serious disadvantage. I think they call this pay2win in some games.

1 Like

Should do this as a Poll?

As you can buy cubits for real money, you’re basically just saying we buy coin for real cash - cubits would have little to do with it. Your title is incorrect.

So you create your first character; buy everything you need; then what? Haven’t you just taken a huge part of the game out of the equation? It’s basically a builder in creative mode?

1 Like

I think you are trolling at this point. I think youre mad you cant get coin on your own merits so you wanna blame those who can for your misfortune. Lock this thread your last statement told us all what we already knew.

2 Likes

I hardly have any money to live myself. Since I only get a very small disability pension. Still, I would pay real money for coins

1 Like

If youre disabled receiving disability then you got ALL day to get coin. I woulda had more sympathy had you had less time to play due to work n family situation but even then there are tons of games more time conservative ppl can play.

I do a couple tier 5/6 hunts a week and can afford forged tools and grapples just fine.

try to tag along on some hunts even if you are low leveled! sell some oort then BAM awesome forged gear.

This is not true. While I do not have a lot of coin, it does not mean I like your suggestion or that I want the game to become P2W. That is why I said no to your suggestion. Do I think we should have other ways IN GAME other than footfall to make coin? Yes I do, but selling to NPC’s or something else in game.

This is so far from the truth. The reason people are against this sort of thing as it’s something that we’ve hounded the developers about since they introduced The Exchange from day 1 of its implementation. We had a lengthy discussion about using real money to buy cubits to then buy more plots. The developers don’t consider that P2W.

What they do consider P2W is purchasing coin with cubits since that’s no different than someone going to a third party website and business that sells virtual game currency. It’s often against the ToS and EULA of MMOs and other types of video games. It’s often a bannable offense in those games too.

I haven’t heard of anything against people creating a legitimate business around RMT in Boundless, but the player population is so low that it wouldn’t really be worth the effort involved.

The thing is, you’re claiming to be disabled. That could mean a lot of things. You could still have a day job if you’re able to. My father is disabled and can still work (he doesn’t cause he’s living good in retirement) but the point is if you want coin in Boundless you have to put the effort into it.

Everything in Boundless worth acquiring takes effort and time. Sometimes I wish it wasn’t the case but that’s the game this is.

There are other solutions to acquiring coin that has been discussed on these forums. Getting behind some of those ideas would be a better solution than selling coins in The Exchange.

Already would be lovely if PS4 players could upgrade to Deluxe edition!

The one time I don’t splurge straight away for the most expensive edition and it’s with a game that has no upgrade for it, sigh…

Don’t bother, I don’t think he’s interested!

Saw him making a request of a one shot T6 hammer on discord, I told him my price and where to find my shop, then says he has no coins, I tell him he can gather items and sell to my request baskets and tells me he has no way to make any tools to be able to gather anything.

He’s just lazy and wants everything handed to him…

As for pricing, I sell forged tools from 799c and up, tho mostly titanium for 2299c…

Yeah, they buy gems, for 25c :joy:

Anyways, this person is not gonna gather and sell for coin, he wants it to be handed to him.

Then answer some freaking basic questions as to why you think this is a good idea!

You keep saying “back to topic, I want this, 'cos more fun, blabla” you don’t add anything new, no reasoning whatsoever, no thinking out loud what the consequences could be, etc., etc.

You’re just lazy and want everything easy, not gonna happen.

You can sell your stuff to many of the people here who replied to you, to help you get coin in a normal way.

Why is it so hard to understand that buying coins with real life money will ruin the game? Why do you think shops will stay open if this happens? And if they do what the prices would be? This is NOT going to work and it WOULD ruin the game.

Use that brain of yours!

Yup, he is, he’s not answered any of our questions, offers of help are being ignored…

4 Likes

TL;DR of this topic:

OP: “I can’t find people to buy my things so the only solution is to buy coins with cubits!”
Bunch of people: “I want to buy your things, how much you selling for?”
OP: “Get back to topic. Cubits for coins!”

2 Likes

There are many ways to get coin in this game

hunting

farming leaves/berries, mushrooms, gleam and orbs

mining ores/ancient tech/gems etc

do the above and sell them, there will always be shopkeepers looking for materials, or if you cannot be bothered doing that, you can get coin from complete journal milestones or footfall.