šŸ˜„ Perhaps we should end the event prematurely right now

I could agree with you, but not in this case. The same developers warn that many of the features they announce and are not yet. And here we are, waiting.

I insist again, the only ones who speak of a hard PVP are those who argue against the PVP, I imagine they try to condition the developers so that they do not bring it. But I have never heard any player ask for a hard PVP, we just want, and I include myself and continue playing, a little bit of PVP, such as the arenas, which are optional, not mandatory and do no harm to anyone.

I think some players are just more overzealous & aggressive than others as they go after the blocks/supplies that they really want.

The only thing Iā€™d really call a form of PvP is bombing :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

You missed out on some conversations from 4-5 years ago with @Vastar and @KuroKuma :joy:

1 Like

ā€¦to sell. :slight_smile:

I seriously started to hope the event would be ended earlyā€¦ This ā€˜jokeā€™ made my heart ache in desperation. :grin:

2 Likes

The players that want this may have to wait for the survival mode planets just like the players that are waiting for creative mode planets. I would think that once the Survival Mode is launched you could create an environment that is as deadly as you want and where you can actually kill other players if that is what you want. Build your arenas, mazes and traps where you can set the danger to whatever level you think is appropriate.

1 Like

Thatā€™s assuming world builder can be used to build worlds. Evidence seems to lightly suggest it wonā€™t be.

I am not sure why you would need to use the world builder to construct a survival word any more than you would to create a creative world. If they are going to release a Survival Mode when they release the full Creative Mode they are going to have to provide some tool for players to set up parameters.

My suspicion is that the only things player will get to control are access settings theyā€™ll probably take from Beacons. So restricting who can place blocksā€¦or who can place beacons maybe. But they donā€™t have to go any more in depth than that. The design of the worlds could literally be ā€œyou get what you getā€ to save them time in making worlds for everyone.

I mean sure world builder could do what you want with lava mazes or crazy spiky mountains with steep fall distances and whatnot. But per Rossā€™ post I linked, looks like itā€™s too resource intensive to do it that way.

This is getting off topic though. Only time will tell unfortunately!

A part of me would like to see specific planets, not yet seen, to be a sort of citizen war zone with aliens or something. Would be neat. Could build defensive structures and such that could be destroyed and rebuilt. An actual war ground. Maybe against titans

2 Likes

If the player will be able only play with the beacon permission type of settings then I see no point in it all. If I want a creative world and my choice is the same planets we have seen then where is the fun in that? If I end up with ugly colors why would I waste my time and money to rent it? If it is a survival mode and again, it is no different danger wise then an existing planet then what is the point? I can play in the public universe and get exactly the same experience.

2 Likes

I think the point would be that the world is a part of the public universe as a result right?

No if it is a creative mode planet then how can it be part of the public universe? If a player can spam items or use a cheat loaf for xp then how can you integrate that player character into the public universe? This is not about just rental planets that could be part of the public universe. This is about the Creative Mode and Survival Mode that are not launched yet but are to be released in the future. But even for the rental planets, if all I can rent is a random world that might contain a color palette that I do not like, then I would not rent one. Why would I pay real life money for a planet that I did not even like?

You mentioned that a few times, has there been any word about it from the devs?

Stretchious mentioned it here

StretchiousLeader

4d

ā€œJust as an aside to thisā€¦ for those that instantly fall back to the ā€œyou want to make this game creativeā€¦ you should just wait for creative modeā€ā€¦ just bare in mind that Survival Mode is on the cards as well, so that same fallback argument could also be used for you.ā€

I have heard some similar rumblings also and I think it makes sense. There are players that seem to very much want a PvP environment and this might be a way for them to get it without having to change the main game.

1 Like

Iā€™d be willing to go with horrendous colors on a mudball planet with like half the ore generation of a typical planet right now just to get away from trolls and inactive buildsā€¦but thatā€™s just me :joy:

And Iā€™m not arguing against you my friend. Iā€™ve spent 60 hours to this point learning World Builder with the thought that I could make my dream biomes for a rental world. All we really know is that theyā€™ve said, per my link, that World Builder will remain backer-only and that it takes too long to create worlds with it. Maybe they have some other tool theyā€™re working on releasing for player-made worlds? We can speculate on that all we want I guess but ultimately it is still off-topic for this thread and wonā€™t really get us anywhere without more info from devs. Thereā€™s too many questions and not enough answers at this point.

Isnā€™t ā€œsurvival modeā€ what we have?

3 Likes

Nah, not really. If it technically is, it is so in name only. Iā€™d say any survival mechanics in Boundless are watered down enough by the need to build an inclusive base game for everyone that they mostly represent an annoyance more than a survival mechanic. Like the hunger mechanic, given how readily available food is.

Dedicated modes will be interesting to see, when implementedā€¦ although I suppose there is the worry that it divide an already limited playerbase.

So since one dev implied that stealing the work of those making their augment or those buying their augment is okayyyyy. I guess thereā€™s nothing to do again these scavengers waiting for us to spawn meteor because they ā€œcanā€.

Rules are meant to be broken when the rule maker is so irrational.

Yeah yeah I know, Iā€™m gonna get flag for using my voiceless voice.

4 Likes

Hate to be going against your point Dupix but I came here to mention what just happened on my last solo hunt I just finished.

I was just hunting/exploring on my own on Circa and discovered about 10 regions. 7 spawned gleambows and almost all 7 spawned multiple. Naturally, I went to the closest one each time. 4 of those times they were level 5 or 6 so they clearly belonged to one of the groups farming them.

Out of respect that I donā€™t think these people deserve, I didnā€™t touch anything, just killed gleamtrunks to help. 3 bows failed without anyone showing up. Thanks, I could have gotten them. On one though, two people showed up and completed it as I killed 4 gleamtrunks. Then after I got the core and proceeded to collect the hundred other cores lying around, these guys were shooting me up with sling bows.

Seriously wtf? How incredibly petty. They donā€™t have our names written on them when theyā€™re flying through the sky. Thatā€™s 4 gleambows I didnā€™t get because I went to the wrong one. Meanwhile people are farming these things all day for the last week and canā€™t handle someone else getting sacs and oort from a level 6 they feel they earned by because they decided to go the boring route and farm them from a platform that a bunch of people are idling on?

Such a shame that a great event has to be tainted this way. I regret not going after the blocks.

5 Likes

Some people who I had to confront were very aware of the set up in place in Circa but instead of being a part of it, no they prefer stealing hum no sorry, taking the work, of those who have take the time to go on hunt for their glands. And Iā€™m sure you know how long it is sometime to gather the matts you want in order to craft the thing you want.

So thatā€™s not taking the easy way, thatā€™s working in group in order to maximise your benefits. Thatā€™s something that ā€œtheyā€ donā€™t understand or donā€™t want to understand.

ā€œTheyā€ are taking the easy way my friend.

Donā€™t missunderstand me. I have nothing against people looting the box, that would be non sense and if people shooting at you just for that, then shame on them.