Placement problem Deco lustrous. (Missing placement option)

there is missing rotation for the deco wood, but this is how the game is designed. Not all block have all the rotation and it depends of the “tier” of the block.

2 Likes

I’d be very disappointed in Wonderstruck if this was an actual, intentional design decision made by the devs instead of just being an oversight or coding impracticality. Given that there’s already additional production cost to higher tier blocks, choosing to limit what you can do by simply not providing all regular rotations seems like utter folly.

I’ve noticed it with other blocks too (I think it was a decorative form of stone), but I was shouted down enough on the forums that I didn’t bother to pursue it any further. +1 for a rotation tool.

1 Like

Do you have a source for this? Feels a bit absurd to give a block 3 rotations, but not the 4th.

1 Like

Yes there is.
We know not all rotation options are available for all blocks.

This is more about obvious patterns. Im not going to investigate the rotation of sed. brick “where the crack at” as the pattern is not so obvious. Or like refined/machined metal blocks.
Also even less rotations like stone just 1.

In this case its about an obvious missing rotation intended or not. For a block that should have 4 rotation options because of its obvious markings.

Just my point of view as this doesn’t seem logical in my eyes at all. :wink:

1 Like

See the point made in this topic.
And don’t want to bite you’re head off😉

The question is basically why 3 placement options? 4 makes more sense.
If it where just 2 this topic wouldn’t have existed even.

A tool to control this would be great. But can it also work on a complete missing placement pattern.

As of this moment most of the blocks can be manipulated to make it fit. Ill point to meta brick, there is a visible placement difference but the bock can be fully manipulated by way of placement. Believe sed. rock has just 1.

So why does a detailed block like deco lustrous have 3 ways of placement? As it shows 4 differend block rotations in the same way of placing said block.
Believe deco ancient has the same problem I believe (as i think about it now). But deco twisted then again has jus one (can be wrong about this one).

(On that note might be smarter if i edit the topic a bit :wink:)

Same problem different examply.
Basically limiting patterns that can be made with the 3 available placement options.

As it is impossible to copy the center of the one to the other or the corners the other way around.

That’s pretty weird then.

1 Like

There is 4 different block ids but two of those use same texture orientation (in this case ids 9922 and 9924). It is same kind of thing like on topic gorilla linked earlier.

1 Like

So placement option is there but not the right orientation. So the question then is. Is it an “whoopsie” (Little mistake) or not?

Probably didn’t completely understand what it was about because I didn’t understand what technically the full block orientation had to do with what i am going on about.

So @Gorillastomp if dropt the ball I apologize :wink:.
@almund thx for looking in to it and thank you for clearing that up.

What left then how much would it take to rotate the texture to its correct placement pattern.

This is done because the space required to provide all options would fill up the available block space that exists. So they made a choice to limit rotations and other things within the game space so that more blocks and other things are available.

If they changed this and increased the space required so all these things were available it would require more bandwidth, etc. So it was an intentional limitation that had a design decision behind it.’

I am fine with this but want the rotation tool… lol. Here is a survey I did 2 years ago that also includes details on block space, etc. with a link to something Luca had responded to on. Block Positioning And Rotation

1 Like

Not sure what you mean by that but i am just giving the information we had when it was asked before.

1 Like

I sure do hope that if and when this tool becomes available to us that it solves this problem. But have to say and add will or can it then create the pattern, because in this case as the pattern that would be created now just doesn’t exist (by way of placement) In game.

In the topic you added i do understand what it is about. But i have to add to that that it depends on how the bock is used. Meaning that deco lustrous is a block frequently used in sets of 2 to 4 and more (to make it nice :wink:). Just to complete the pattern that is on the block you will have to place 4 blocks (stars, circles, combinations of, doesn’t matter what pattern is made).
There are just a few block types that have such an obvious pattern and need at least 4 placed blocks to complete it.

In most cases i think all that is asked to add upon just a few blocks. In my eyes there is no point in adding placement options to corruption, gleam and other blocks that just have 1 way of placement. Even the blocks that have 2 ways of being placed.

I keep referring to meta. Brick as example as the texture on all sides of this block don’t match up and i’m sure thats the case for other “easily” manipulated blocks (by way of placement). Plus you just need 1 to complete the “pattern”.

Again most blocks are placed in “groups” (floors, ceilings, pillars, walls,…) and at most 5 sides of 1block is visible. In most cases 4 or less sides are visible. And by way of placement textures can be covered up.

By that point of view adding a tool that “adds” options to (as far i can see) all blocks doesn’t make sense to me. As these changes for the “missing” combinations would have to be programmed in. So it can be tracked (or im seeing this wrong).

Again if it fixes most problems I won’t complain. But if its like the Undo chisel…
Then nothing really changes. And would feel to me more like “here’s a tool, now be quiet”.

Just how i see it. If/when implemented and it works ill Gladly :zipper_mouth_face:.

:wink: