Players claiming hundreds (or more) of plots to block access to Diamonds

Unfortunately that was not a developer but I recall it being one of the forum admins. Not the same people.

2 Likes

That was a discussion you guys had in Discord I believe, and a Wonderstruck member posted in the forums if I recall. I don’t really use Discord so am not sure. Id hunt it down but don’t know where to begin. I’m pretty sure Steggs was the poster here but I’m probably wrong.

Understood thanks, well guess I’ll just remain disheartened.

Off-topic but don’t be discouraged. We cannot know what the titans will do at this point. They might pick up the suggestion.

2 Likes

sigh… this topic makes me second guess making public mines.

We had public mines in early access. And they worked out fine for everybody. Hopefully it will be the same here

Don’t be disheartened. it was @Stretchious that originally posted it. There are a lot of communities that come up with good ideas, but there hasn’t been a lot of back and forth about new ideas here on the forums. They tend to get buried in other posts, unfortunately. I would love to see more back and forth threads with constructive ideas.

3 Likes

These guys have a lot on their plates. I’m stoked they have tackled the ps4 problems so feverishly. They’ve got a great game with solid bones. If they can continue to fix systems and add content each month like they did with the ps4 crashes then there’s a lot to be hopeful for.

Ok thanks for the clarification. It’d be neat if we could have a new subforum added where we could ping/tag a comment like a great idea and it would automatically be added as a new topic thread so that discussion could have its own organic path.

I had a bunch of them on Andooweem. Definitely worked out for a lot of people. Once the area got too broken, I just closed them for 10 hours while I was at work. That was before regen bombs though.

1 Like

regen bombs don’t regen gems do they?

Nope, but they bypass the time that it takes to fill up a chunk, so it can start doing the resources once the 4 hours is up.

Edit: I occasionally go regen bomb areas I am going to mine in the evenings. Even without the mines, it helps cut down on the search time.

Second edit because of horrible grammar.

People could always just mine other resources… then trade for diamonds. Example in my mines, easy to get like 25 gems per resource area… then trade 1:1 for diamonds… just saying.

So after reading a bunch of Red Gleam on Vulpto threads from last year:

@james stance on this was as long as there are other places ANYWHERE on the planet to get that item, it is not considered griefing by him.

Basically, if they claim the whole planet… and just leave one area that spawns diamonds available then it is ok.

That was in Beta. And there was some discussion of a Charter? I would like to hear his thoughts on this issue at present.

1 Like

Are all diamonds taken? nope.

of course they are not all taken. That was the point. If you leave 1 diamond block available to spawn ANYWHERE on the planet… then it is ok behavior. According to what i could find and directly quote in case someone asked. He just avoided the problem, by saying the new worlds wont have this problem. (he was talking about Red Gleam, but same idea) That is one answer we will most likely get, unless he has changed his stance.

He also suggested people concerned about this action, go out and claim the areas over said mountains that way the plots under with the diamonds cannot be claimed. So there is another answer you will most likely get.

No one ever thought they were all claimed. Cause no one is that stupid. But thank you for clearing that up…

Someone DID think they said “you can claim everything”… which i still couldn’t find.

and so we circle back to exactly what I said, correct Crete?

Nothing will be done.

It was also before you could just pay to buy plots. I feel like he was against pay-to-win at all so, I’d also like to hear from @james

1 Like

I’ll also wait for a reply. I just have a bad feeling i know what it’s going to be =P

the best they could do, is remove plots from being purchasable… while allowing those who purchased to keep theirs.

There’s lots they can do. Just make a farming planet that can’t be claimed. Common in Minecraft. Let’s not make assumptions.

3 Likes

Great idea! Pop that in the Suggestions category =D