Well I’m playing from the Netherlands so I’m not one of the targeted audiences for you question.
However last week I made a little status page and monitoring system, so maybe that can provide input for other things as well.
Show actual server status:
- Shows latency to the actual game servers. Not ping, real game server response measured from a Dutch server in a datacenter.
- Shows last latency and issues in last 3 hours
- Players online
- Refreshed once a minute, page auto refreshes
- Mobile friendly
Highly experimental and not finished, but hey let’s share it to others as well.
You can find it here: http://playboundless.info/
Please note that:
- This is a fun project and if far from finished and reliable
- Measurements are made from EU (The Netherlands). If you are in a different location in the world with another ISP, you larency will differ. For example, if you live in Australia you will proably have a lower latency.
- Url will change soon, this is a temporary URL. Will update this post with the latest link, until I craete a topic about it.
- Thinking about multi-location monitoring, support for it is there. Just need a cost-effective way to get that going.)
I’ve created a seperate topic about this project so that this topic stays clean. This post is no longer updated. In stead visit the new topic here: Community project - Boundless server status page