Please change the gleambow timers

What’s the bit that says 100% after the timer?

I don’t remember seeing that on mine (I may just not have noticed it!).

I just had a thought if you are using any mods?

If so, have you tried turning them off?

Have no idea if it’s even possible for that to make a difference to the timers, but worth a try?

It’s just my success rate on meteors is pretty good, and I’ve never seen timers anywhere near that low, and that’s the only possible difference (if you don’t use any mods then I’m barking up the wrong tree!) I can think of. :man_shrugging:

Edit: Gleambow run this morning and I now see the % counter! I’m sure it’s been there all along, but it has not registered in my brain until now :neutral_face:

How? Just how? I loose (intentionally) 90% of my meteors and I am still under 1 min with my alt. I do mine the sacks, I wonder if that is why.

2 Likes

Seeing a screenshot of a 3 min timer blows me away, I’ve never seen one in this event more than 1min20.

3 Likes

I gather sacs on all meteors except for gleam meteors. I collect like 15 or so on non gleam meteors.
I only complete gleam meteors.
I let all other meteors go “lost”.
I have never done group hunts, only solo hunts.

These are the only factors I can think of @cuzzea

1 Like

Same here, exept I do group with my main (not my alt). Maybe there is an account timer to?

Perhaps it is some how accounting for both characters or alts? And averaging out?

If You lose a meteor, it add up times for the next one, if You success the timer are resetted.
So losing the mud ones (killing the trunks for the loot), add more time for the big gleam ones.

1 Like

That’s what my theory was and I just stuck with it. Seems to be working. @Heureka

I’ve probably lost hundreds of meteors by now. And pinpointed only gleam since late Saturday.

It is a painful process because I’d like to gather those other resources for building. But I’d rather get gleam for my goo farm.

1 Like

Not really that obvious, after 6 missess the time is exactly the same.

Never saw a >lvl2 while soloing, so I think we should just say for the gleam ones

I feel exactly the same, but as a consolation, I think that is the hidden message behing the name GLEAMbow event. If you get anything else except gleam you get punished and you are kind of taken to the bench for the rest of the event. So restraint is the best you could do and continue on this path

It hurt to leave nice buildingblocks, but they are to few to do anything meaningful with…

1 Like

If you could mine all the meteors you get, they wouldn’t be to few.

The ice does look nice, I’ve thought about gathering some before the event is over.

@cuzzea yeah, seems to average all your meteors I think. I dont know the exact math. But if you won a lot of group hunts, then it might take more than that amount won to increase the timer substantially.

Also I think you have to be in range of the meteors to get the “lost” notification on screen. I think that is when it adds or subtracts time to the next meteor.

I would say I’ve lost 95% of all meteors since the beginning of the event. At least that is what it feels like

Also @cuzzea I think the problem is compounded with the fact that as a group you could trigger multiple meteors per region and the group could split to complete them all making it that much harder.

I got it that if I do group stuff, I am at 5 sec, I am in content with the ideea. The issue is that I solo with my alt, only do gleam, and the times are 50s-1:10s. Today for ex I haven’t seen any >1min. If my alt drops < 30s I am kind of out of the game for this event as I don’t have any more alt’s (as solo hunts). And btw, last group hunt I went to had times <30s, so it seems to affect the groups as well.

At some regular intervals I need to let it out, makes it easier to get pass all the frustration and continue (or try) to enjoy the game. So it seems that this is that time :smiley: :

Rant.

Also I feel totally bad (don’t want to use other words here to not get flaged or anything, but there many other words that can describe the feeling this gets me, so feel free to change that part with what you feel using your inside voice) that you are not able to mine all the blocks. I mean I thought this was the purpouse of the event, to get clock of diffrent colours, that you can’t get in game.

As ppl pointed out, there is no reason to get wood/rock/gravel/sand as you can paint them. But who would spend theyr meteor time on mould? I don’t think many ppl would do this. So the only other option is to get sacks (that sell for good money) and gleam, that also sells for good money (especially in order to make paints easier, I guess). So basically this event boiles down to hunting sacks and gleam, nothing to do with enhancing your builds with nicer, rarer colours. We already have paint shops that offer most colours (if not all), so I think IMHO that this event

• will not drop the prices on paints (as ppl would spend a lot on gleam and have to get theyr money back)
  • will create massive frustration
  • and btw, talking about frustration, if you would go on group hunts, you will see frustration there like no other place, ppl rage quiting (even hunt masters)
  • will create disapointment that you need to leave stuff behind
  • will start feeling exactly like mining would, so no fun (except for some ppl that enjoy repetitive stuff like this)
  • will bring joy for ppl that have a lot of money and can afford to buy the rare colour blocks

Also I feel that introducing the punish mechanic in a game like this (that I play to relax and it’s not at all a competitive one, more of a grind fest than anything else) brings a heigher level of anxietity and frustration as you are not expecting this here. I get this mechanic, I’ve seen it in other games, but here it’s taken to the extreme.
On the lines of extreme, what if I would of had only one alt? And at the bigging nobody knew that you would get as low as 5s. Then after the first day of the gleambow I would of been out of the game, just like that I couldn’t participate. This is one of the things that ‘dose not compute’.

I guess it wouldn’t botter me this much if I wouldn’t of liked the game so much, but as I play 90% only this, it really burst my bubble.

4 Likes

I’m not sure if anything has changed but it seems like the timers have improved alittle. However it’s still very frustrating when I can’t maximize my speed because the PS4 Pro has a speed limit where it cannot draw the world around me even though the connection is still good. Even lowering the the game network settings has no effect. It’s especially bad when using the gleam food to run across the water. Even if I reduce the speed skills I’m walking in the clouds.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think it could be solved if they just put a minimum range for the timer. Like timers cant go below 30s or something. I’m kinda sad that I cant gather other building blocks, as I’d like to spruce up my builds, but I’d rather grab that gleam so that I dont go broke on trying to make paints affordably by not having to buy gleam.

I really want to gather that one type of block with swirly patterns.

2 Likes

The more I think about this, I’ve concluded that the timers should really be based on two things. Planet terrain difficulty (which it does currently), and distance from the closest player to it (which it does not). Performance shouldn’t factor into this at all.

1 Like

Important updates to this all here -

Big takeaways I see -

Killing the Gleamtrunks will keep your timer from going back up.

With new hotfix, failing to reach a Gleambow altogether will cause it to go up. :smiley:

Low-level players spawn longer timers. I WAS wondering about this, it had crossed my mind maybe that came into play, that those two long timers I had on Xa Frant could have been spawned by low level players.

3 Likes

Might have been me too that spawned them. I have 3 minute timers as I only complete gleam ones. I only hunt on xa frant. @bucfanpaka

1 Like

Sorry I stole your Gleambows if so - but thanks, as well!! :grin::sweat_smile:

2 Likes