Please forbid running more then one client/account at once

Indeed. I was multiboxing 3 accounts in wow and it was fun to tank + heal + dps in 5 man dungeons. Playing 3 characters and 3 differents roles at the same time is so much harder and thus fun for me. Most of the time i am looking for extreme challenges in video games because i find most of them too easy (This does not concern boundless since it’s a building game)

But i dont see the point of multiboxing in boundless, except if you want to spend less money in teleports or having walking chests.

That’s the main use of it and double/triple meteor loot.

not sure why this was necro’d but hey thats cool.

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen at least one person who has managed to get multiboxing to work durring hunts. but since there isn’t a competivite advantage for it (other than meteor loot which is pretty harmless) I don’t see it as a bad thing.

Even if PvP were added to this game, I doubt there would be much point to multiboxing because I’d imagine it would be limited to small places (relative to the whole of the universe) so its not like someone could hunt you down every where you went.

If you don’t like hunting it’s a good idea but it can make you quit the game. In that specific case it’s almost like cheating to me (multiboxing just to get more loot without contributing more. In that game since there is no target locking system like wow you cant shoot with all your characters at the same target). But for some people it wont be cheating. There is no harm indeed. But i wont do it since it will make the game too easy (why not use macros to farm in game too etc …), thus boring and will make me stop.
If you can get rewards without doing anything, why even bother playing. That’s my opinion. Some will have a different.

There is a reason why I said a little extra effort, and I was mostly referring to the people who multibox for the purposes of loot amplification on hunts, which is why I used the word „operate“ as getting more then one account to follow the hunt leader, requires a little more then just a simple input that can be done by clamping a button down.

I use 2 accounts on 2 different computers. One of them stands idle most of the time because I don’t have four hands. Because of the variable latency, multiboxing would be useless on me. When I farm, I have a second inventory. Only one account farms & drops bombs by hand.
Hunts? Yes, I get double loot on Hunts, but that is also very stressful to follow with 2 accounts. The Oort I get goes 100% into my hub to keep the portals open. New players get free portals to get a direct connection to the community. Currently these portals consume 24.184 shards per week. Additionally I take care of the portals of small groups of players. Other loot like trophies, bones, blood I put in request baskets. From the coins I buy Oort for the portals. In my opinion it is a cycle that helps rather than hurts the game. I know some players who do it the way I do.

2 Likes

It got 'necro’ed because I couldnt find any more specific information and I didn’t see the point in starting a new thread when this had been made with a dev response.

I wanted to get information before I bought more keys. I got the information I needed and I want to thank those who responded and gave some up to date examples of it.

1 Like

I multi account play everyday, but I have also used it to donate 10s of millions of coins worth of oort, coins, and mats, to keep multiple main portal networks and guilds alive for the game over my 3k hours played.

I am not a builder, my job is to keep the community networks and game alive, and keeping people getting along, I’m a social leader and donator in the game.

As for hunts, each character has to be operated individually and manualy. 1 knockback and every character is different placements, and moving or aiming from the same command would be useless. We have to switch between them manual to do everything.

And I promise, those who want this removed out of jeliousy of wanting others to have less so that individual feels they have more, will only be hurting the game, raising costs of mats, and will cause some networks to close. It will not benefit the community. And everyone will have less avaible to them.

3 Likes

this post was dead for the last 5 years up until a month ago, the devs already said they cant do anything about it.

people already came out and said they use them on hunts to multiple oort and take them to exo worlds are inventory mules along with using multiple accounts to control multiple areas of land.

that goes along with running macros on accounts to spam regen bombs and what not.

this forum could really use a “lock topics after no replies for a year” feature.

2 Likes