PLEASE increase the drops of the plant seeds

As a shopowner who sells persisting pies this doesn’t compute! :smiley:

Tho people are still selling exo yams to me which is good, still have a bunch in stock as well and last night I did finally manage to get 400 exo yam bulbs! Wooo! Now if I can triple that over the coming weeks I’m all set to go!

2 Likes

I don’t think it should be increased. It is a rare ingredient. Plus regen farms still work. Yes at lower rate but still work for yams. It shouldn’t be as easy to farm as other crops. That’ll make them normal crops not rare crops

1 Like

obviously you don’t make pies to sell or use in trade. There is rare and there is not to be found. I can get the yams from gathering but I don’t have the time to do that right now and to gather enough for a farm for some is just too difficult.

For those who have jobs, families and other commitments they are not going to get the yams because those of use who don’t or can’t work have the time to go and clean out areas.

I’m not able to play as much as I did at the start, so am finding less of what I need.

And a farm? Not at the small amount I would get, I’d probably get more going out in the wild and gathering, or setting up a basket to buy them. I have a shop that sells forging mats, that takes up my spare time to gather what is needed to make them plus have request baskets out, and spending coins to buy what I can’t gather. Walk in someone else’s shoes and see how hard it is for some to find them.

For you it is okay, for many others it isn’t. I’m not asking them to be as much as you would get whacking sword plants, just enough that I don’t have to spend two weeks gathering to make just 50 pies.

1 Like

If I am coming across as a grump, I apologize, am in a lot of pain right now, can’t sleep because of it and it will be two more months before my meeting the doctor at pain management, and that is just a consultation. Then probably another two months for the first session. I have been waiting for the appointment to be set up but he has been on vacation for a month.

Must be nice to take a whole month off for a vacation. Or for those in Europe, holiday.

So, if I sound grumpy, I don’t mean to be sound that way, just hurting.

1 Like

No you don’t sound grumpy. I don’t make pies. I do agree the exotic bulbs should be on more than one planet. I just read it as they should be kinda “easier” to get. Sorry if I interpreted it wrong. If you need exotics yams for pies I’m pretty sure we have a “few” we can help you with. We farmed a lot before the regen farms got nerfed

1 Like

appreciate it, but I am getting a nice amount from the spine cactus, it is the growing them in a farm that seems to be the problem. Not enough seeds (bulbs) are spawning and when I tried to regen some on a regular planet, not exo one, none respawned that are of the new plants. Others did, but none that are from the farm release.

The devs are so busy working on the lighting problem that I am sure that they have missed the posts on the lack of new farming plants on some planets. I can’t see them putting them on just one planet.

Hopefully, they will fix this problem and let more of the seeds be found for those who are starting farms. Then, they can lower the drop rate.

I want the new players to see it will be worthwhile also, how many older ones have come back and new ones bought the game for farming and now can’t find any plants? They may get frustrated and quit, then trash the game.

And it is a great game, still in alpha for all that it was pushed out early as a release.

1 Like

is 110% the heighest what i can reach actually?

If the percentage turns green, and with exo yam 110% is green, that is the max you can get

thank you :slight_smile: Then I will not waste my time trying to get more

I hear ya my friend, I think I managed about two hours here. :frowning:

But since I’m wide awake, I’m going to be sure to bring you some goodies today to help out. :slight_smile:

1 Like

i can not find a good Layout for exotic yam… the best what i build is 48 Corp and 110 seed. anyone a idea for me how i become more Corp without loosing seed?

I’ll see if I can find out. We need I think some photos from players who have farms with good layouts.

You can’t, that’s the max you can get when prioritizing seeds.

if i do the work and use my Tools and at the end i havent more than before, only maybe… that isnt usefull

1 Like

Definitely not my day to type. Meant to reply to @hAmSTeR86 not myself, LOL

Did some looking and I think the problem is that in photos it is hard to see what is under plants.

The best advice I can give is to go and look at farms that are producing and see what that player has done.

Suggested by some is that could be part of the fun, the experimenting of finding what will work. You can take up the plant, as long as it hasn’t matured, and not lose the seed.

I know that seems frustrating for some, but I see both sides of this, some go learn how to do it, the testers did and figured it out, some go they don’t have the time and getting the plants are harder than what testers had as they had the ability to get them in quickly.

But, that is part of the game, learning how to do things. I was looking in the knowledge tab and it does let you know what to plant near and NOT to plant near so you can have the needed info of what helps and what hurts. I know that some have separate plots for crops to grow the plants and one for them to grow seeds.

Not a lot of help, sorry. Best suggestion is to go look at farms and see their layout and practice on a design you like once you know what plants have to be near other things, such as thorns, mold or such.

Speaking of Exo Yams.

I got a few seeds off the Exo planet and started my garden. I know I don’t do any farming for a store but I was happy to see I could get a 48% crop yield with a 110% seed yield.

For me (who only grows these for myself) that means that I can increase my farm while also slowly restoring my stock of the Exo Yams.

I like the ratio.

Some of the Combustion farms that I put together, when I got to 110% seed…my yield was 0 (might be my noobness with farming only tested two variations). SO I was happy to see Exo yams with a better yield/seed ratio.

this is correct, you will have to think differently for these by having a farm for seed and one to yield the overstock seeds you get from the first.

1 Like

I would suggest the guild start finding ways to help argument that supply or something. Persisting Pies are one of the top items in the game and people should respect that… they should not be flowing with great ease like regular yams food or stuff like meat. It does not appear that people are really respecting the “rare” part of this game enough.

We shouldn’t be having to adjust our return rates soley based on Guild need especially since a Guild will have more resources than a normal single player. A single player should be able to keep themselves going in a reasonable time to support pie creation with the new 1+ seed yield return. They just need to work up to that level.

People need to remember that releasing an Update does not give the right that they will instantly be able to produce the same amount of foods that they had prior to that update especially when the Developers are looking to provide a better balance to that area.

I do think they need to look at the balance and decide if this is the setting they want and at least confirmed if it is so people can plan accordingly.

I completely understand how it might not. But there are other parts to business: raise you prices to balance the other costs or find new supply lines or diversify in what you offer.

Now I completely understand in this game economy that is a crazy comment to make, but it is still valid in business. That is why we do need the Developers to put more time into the economy and business side of this game.

Also, note that even if a person chooses to sell one of the most rare and powerful item in the game they should not expect that it is even 100% possible. We have no data on if the Developers really feel that every item should be able to be sold as easily as other items. So if people choose the harder items they likely will have a harder time being successful.

3 Likes

My exo yam farm is doing well tho since the T4 exo from yesterday! Most are set up to give the occasional extra seed, got 22 extra earlier after about half the crops were done (around 400 total).

Once I can have two fields of it I will switch to crop yield…

3 Likes

For combustion there’s way to get 105% with 40% crops or 100% with 80%crops I actually did a build with a line for each of the 3 ratio mentioned, most plants have a ok ratio, (except goo that needs to be find in the wild forever)

1 Like