PLEASE increase the drops of the plant seeds

Yea our farm started with 25 exotic yam seeds, then a exo came and we added around 50-60 more seeds. We are only doing seed production at the time which i believe is 48/110. We are now getting a health amount of exotic yams and seeds with each harvest.

2 Likes

I stick to having a dedicated seed production zone and a separate setup for crops. Sure this means i need to harvest two patches for each item but right now, in the early days of farming, max seeds is most important.

The basic wheat, oat and rice crops are easily available on all low worlds, and grow both seed and produce positive quite easily so they arent really a bottleneck.

I feel that things like purple yams and kindling are quite advanced farming products and should not be flooded onto the market lest they lose their value.

Also, remember that the hard to farm crops all have other items that drop their produce, so farming by no way needs to be the only, easy way to acquire these things…

2 Likes

I see both sides. I didn’t know we had a bug I (and still seem to have it) on exotic yams. I need a lot of them to make pies, I make a lot of pies at one time. Still need a few more to make another mass craft. I felt, and still do, that on the first couple, maybe three days of release they should have dropped a lot more. Those who use them a lot, bakers, needed them.

The increase of other drops has helped, was out last night and got a fair amount of the yams from the cactus flower, would have gotten more if the stupid hoppers would leave me alone. And meteorites, probably 10 dropped and always where I was at. If on a meteorite hunt I would have been thrilled, gathering I wasn’t.

Not complaining, really not, it is just a fact that I seem to have meteorites drop when I am out gathering, and now with it darker at night I have to go to the sanctum as I can’t see the hopper or spitters in the dark. By the time they get close enough to hear them there are too many for me to take on. So I run and go to the sanctum. Daytime, I hunt them down then gather, got two cores and some hopper eyes. Anyhoo, I get tired or hurting and quit before I get a good amount of yams (or beans). That’s life

1 Like

Due to complete regeneration of ALL permanent planets all plants are plentiful, also the ones that do drop exotic yams like they used to before farming. Plus, you can still get them from mud albeit at a bit lower drop rate.

You do not need crops to get your exotic yams, it’s just a new way to get them.

And no, not everyone should have been able to get enough in the first few days…

1 Like