Please Nerf This

Ah yes, the well known technique of honing your skills to control random events! :wink:

Because you are still limited by stability, I just don’t think this to be as big of a problem as it is made out to be. A lot of other things would need to be changed along side tampering with the vigor catalyst. That would result in the forge still having a similar usability level. The nerf by itself would create more problems then good, as most of us witnessed by the uproar in the other thread.

This game is in a somewhat critical state, where they do need to try make players happy and want to play the game, then trying to what may or may not be the more “correct” thing in what their original vision was for the game/system.

Also while it may seem over powered right now, maybe it wont be once T7 and T8 worlds come out, the tools we are making right now, could very well end up being trashy on the new worlds, and we would need to make blink/dark matter tools, that would be harder to forge in the forge, if they really don’t want people just ripping away at the terrain on a T8

1 Like

In Las Vegas they call using “skill” to control random events cheating.

In Boundless they want you to literally use skill points in order to exert some control over random events.

Just an observation. And probably off topic

4 Likes

From my playing around it seemed pretty easy to keep stability high too. I didn’t get too deep into it though so I’m curious how it limits the impact. Could you enlighten me please?

Without getting exactly what you want on your tools yes y9u can keep stability and vigor high untill the end.

If you want specific boons this wont work however. Ive tried many many diff methods just cant happen. And in saying this means no forge attempt is a guarantee on exact boons added.

1 Like

Again vigor doesn’t mean much as stability is the issue and will be your cap so stop worrying about that.

This is all said with the Target goal being a Gem hammer with,
Level 4 AoE,
Level 7 Damage
and as high as a durability boon as I can get.
Anything less then this, I consider to be a failed forge.

I fail forges for 1 of 3 reasons in most cases.

1. I run out of vigor from just obscene RNG on all accounts (This is the least common)
  2. A bug happens where it becomes impossible to remove a boon and a boon slot is now 100% wasted.
  3. the RNG is just bad enough, where I run out of stability (this is the most common)

Each time you use a compound or fate paste, the item sustains damage. And if it sustains enough damage from low rolls. then the amount of boon points that are injected into the item will not reach the target, before the stability drops below 110. While yes there is a protection paste that can help with this, and one other item, the problem then becomes, i can not fit everything needed on to the deck to deal with all situations.

So there have been many forges where I fall short of the target due to stability,

Here is one result that failed the required damage. I almost did not even get the L4 AoE.

At least i can maybe use it on a low level world and farm black rock or gleam with it. But otherwise. Not so good.

I would say I have about a 80% chance of forging an item that meets my requirements. However with the recent bug that has shown up, I now have about a 50% to 60% failure rate.

2 Likes

Ah I figured you could drop to just one Gum and just abandon/restart if the RNG isn’t favourable for the others. I see, thanks.

Thanks also! Interesting, ta.

here’s my version with this technique,

to show a full deck of ingredients to get this specific mix, and since it was my first time using boon transmute, I could easily switch out a gum for another item to get these to max…

This is a good thing with high end forging as you should never be punished for it as it requires more resources and time / character levels and end game crafting is always like this.

More powerful equipment over lower end crafting works like this in games for that reason.

3 Likes

Should do a forgemasters event >.< @Simoyd can you make this happen?

Calling that a perfect forge is a joke. 10/10/10 of a single gum is not a perfect forge of anything. GTF out of here.

1 Like

It’s his way of trying to make people think it’s broken when people who actually forge know this is a wasted forge for the most part because of poor quality boons.

3 Likes

first time i saw the forge menu lol now i wonna get one :smile:

You will need a character heavily focused on the correct skills to do it and a crafter / forger can work.

You will also need power coils to be effective and especially for higher level gear.

And finally you will need a lot of resources for crafting components so get to work on those 3. :wink:

1 Like

Some would read this as grinding.

Current forging mechanics is a combination of luck AND skill. In that you need to test multiple combinations before finding something that works for you.

Anyone who says it’s one OR the other is not being entirely truthfuly. Not saying it doesn’t need improvement but too many people running around with the narrative that it’s all luck. It’s not. The community only hurts itself when it accepts this as pure gospel.

1 Like

got a level 2à alt that used no skillpoints yet
can i do something with that our need be higher level?

If you agree with OP you literally have no idea what you are doing forging and have no business posting about it.

It depends on what you are forging as you can do lower level items with less skills.

It’s just end game forging will require more otherwise you can waste resources with failing forges.

This would be the minimal for that with just forging skills I feel:

https://boundlessskill.com/index?b=VJC5KX2JF8ACLFXYQIDI

Also before you start make sure you can get the effectiveness to 100 as that needs the intelligence and power coils and while you can work with just intelligence for lower level items you will eventually need power coils to get it.