Plot protection abuse

have you tried communicating with the particular entity regardless of the ignored mailbox ? seems like they /it aren’t /isn’t that hard to find given there’s a lot of plotting activity.

My promotion on wipes was on a thread regarding wipes in relation to stagnation in the game and other topics of related nature. I’m not mixing that viewpoint with the viewpoint of how that decision relates to people having to plan for a non changing world for the next ten years if they want to stay in that area. Since that is the reality of the game - what we see now is the reality of how people will respond to those decisions.

Im not sure why people assume I’m not happy with Biitula or think I’m complaining or don’t like neighbors. I’m just stating facts that happened in the game and why those situations gave rise to why I and others have their view on certain game mechanics.

I can see how many plot buffers might create some challenging situations but I disagree that it is just a free for all in grabbing land now that I’ve seen it released. It is just a method showing very clearly that a person has plans in that area. As others have stated we have plenty of planets and more can easily be created. So about the only time someone should maybe be concerned of this is if the person is right beside them. But even in that case, that viewpoint could be invalid based on many in the community not feeling that those there first should have a say and that people can just move.

Wiping a game doesnt suddenly make a game less stagnant its the same game at the end of the day. Its the game content creators job to add and give the community fun and new things to do so it doesnt become stagnant.

So back to buffers are you then happy with them indifferent or? Personally I am not happy with them but I will and have plans to use them to my benefit if not fixed just like everyone else has. Either way I will adapt accordingly.
If you havent seen folks using this as a land grab go to just about any planet sanctum and check plots. Not by any means saying you or theyre wrong just stating a fact.Everyone that plays now knows who all the folks are with the insane amount of plots and we also know at the end of the day its the new players that will quickly get the welcome mat pulled out from under them when they realize theyre just a bit of footfall with no way or means to grow eventually leaving a modest house and a workbench with a few modest tools behind to regen.

Dead horse beaten I think so we shall see what happens going forward.

2 Likes

Very much appreciated! @the-moebius

In general I look at it as wild west - both before and after the new mechanic.

If you want neighbors, do nothing, just build wherever.
If you don’t want neighbors, you’d better buy a lot of land.

Art imitates life?

2 Likes

At the start I was against buffers. I stated as much and warned in a very popular thread. But, I receive information on why they are required and fully support the Devs decision.

Buffers need fixing in cities for sure or the ability for people to see if they will lose a plot if they temporarily unpost. That needs to be fixed with visibility or at least alt to alt beacon transfer. (I’m still not on board for account transfer yet but might consider it)

Now that I see buffers in modest use I don’t think it is a big deal and have shifted my position. There is plenty of land and planets. If we get new players they have space to take over and we can always spawn new planets. Space issue solved.

That is the game we have. I like others just play and adapt so I can continue having fun. I don’t fault anyone on their decisions. Each of use can choose how we respond to the game play we experience. Either way I still wish we had different game mechanics and will continue to try to influence settlement opt-out, blueprints, better warping and economic game play, and anything else I feel helps and lowers conflict among people. We all do deserve the game play we each want. I believe we can get there.

3 Likes

You are right!
I may be mistaken, but to that point, didn’t the original trailer from a couple years ago kind of make it seem like one object of the game was to dominate the planet’s economy?

I remember about a year ago, a group on Arie building roads and taking settlements over and upsetting everyone. When called out, they blamed the trailer for creating the atmosphere and mentality

2 Likes

Exactly Boundless is just PvP with plots basically.

3 Likes

You have written exactly what i think on this topic.Im happy someone with some pure common sense has simplified this .This is not abuse as long as its not on somones doorstep.Theres plenty of room on these planets to plot as much as we like.The devs are the ones who should clearly state the rules even before they released this game,and as they keep changing things they should just stick to a descision and stick to it.The plot system as it is now is good and i like the fact noone can plot right next to me.

Don’t get me wrong though, I do not think the reservation system should have been thrown onto existing builds like it was.

For some, the new buffers are working well, for others, it’s made a stressful wreck of things. There needs to be a settlement-wide option to turn the buffers on or off, if they remain. Having places near each other with buffers on and some with them off is causing serious headaches.

There is also the large issue of not being able to trade existing beacons/plots without knowing if a nearby place will automatically take them over. :woman_shrugging: The plotting system needs serious work.

Edit to add: I have towns that don’t use buffers and towns that do, so I am able to see both sides of the fence. I understand that they are helpful to some folks. I was for buffers before I saw the transfer issues, etc.

5 Likes

Player Versus Plots

1 Like

Good luck :+1:

This Is SPAAAARTAAAAAA!

1 Like

There was nothing wrong with the post…there was nothing harsh or offence. As I read it its simply an opinion, its been 2 days and its still flagged.

I’m sorry but this flagging system ain’t working.

4 Likes

Still going i see^^

1 Like

The plot protection system is good for sake of preventing merges. But there does need to be some sort of plot transfer system… because there is no transfer mechanic in place - you just lose the plot if it converts over to reserved.

Also settlements such as malls should have the option to be No Barrier zones somehow…

1 Like

I was thinking we could disable movement. You can only interact with everything within reach of your spawn point.

20 Likes

Challenge Accepted!

Does this include jumping?

To be expected. Was hoping we could find a compromise.

Surrounding players is definitely a no-no, and also treating other players without the same respect that you’d hope to receive yourself.

14 Likes

How negative is the impact on Boundless if people make 2 plot wide strips to reserve land…? I don’t plan to do it, but what if someone has a build planned?

Although I could see someone intentionally using this method to troll just because.