Plot protection abuse

For me people building roads around the whole planets are in the same boat as this. It’s a form of greifing. That’s my veiw

5 Likes

I have the same thought.

Dont delete it completely. I am using it to protect my new build. People are liking to troll here lately.
I am using it how its intended though. Not by a road system.

2 Likes

I know people dont like it, but the ones using this is protecting an area they plan on making a town and will release the plots not used. There is several planets out there, and if someone is doing this, means there was likely no one in the area. I would rather see this then the road around every planet mess.

3 Likes

Seriously, ROADS is just the way the game system labels them. James has said time and time again that the abuse is completely unrelated to roads such as mine on Biitula which are not only three plots wide but are also BUILT 100% 3 plots wide complete with bridges, tunnels, etc… you can keep piping this Kirinvar but at the end of the day what you wish for is not happening as my use is NOT abuse. I cannot speak to the way others are building on other planets

1 Like

Honestly roads are just like hunt platforms and slides. Some people will like them and some won’t. Why fight over what’s “right” and “wrong”. The fighting is what turns people off of the forums and potentially the game as well.

1 Like

They keep it up because they are not happy how the areas on their planets have progressed and want a REDO by changing the rules to what they want… it is the same old story. People need to just play the game and adapt… and for the record I adapt always :wink:

This would be like divorce court, LOL

Or just stop playing because they don’t like being forced into things. Which I’d wager more people would choose.

2 Likes

There is no chance someone is reserving all that land to build on. Unless they have a 20 year plan. Hahaha.
Do all the plots belong to one person? I’m curious who it is.
I’m going to have to go to that planet and check it out.

2 Likes

Making it against CoC to abuse would be best imo. I am totally in love with the 2 plot protection for my build, keeps ppl out I dont want in my build and helps with future expansion plans.

edit: there is the same abuse on Circarpous I btw, not name shaming but its visible on the planet view.

5 Likes

I think there is a big difference in how these things affect other players and a planet.

An individual building a road network across a planet is making decisions that affect other players on the same planet. They slice the planet into usable regions with borders now defined by those roads. Those roads are hard stops to player expansion.

Slides are single site constructs. Like them or not they are not affecting the planet other than maybe drawing players to the planet which can generate footfall for more then just the slide owners.

Hunt platforms located in the center of every region can also act as a hard stop to player expansion. You cannot surround them with your build since that violate the CoC, so you kind of have to avoid them. Also even if you did surround them would most players want a gap in their build? Probably not.

All this being said, currently none of these violate the CoC. So unless the developers decide to change the rules, we may have to live with it, or leave the game, or press for private planets.

1 Like

Unless we get a way to prevent settlement merging we have to keep the protection around. I don’t want my build getting absorbed by someone bigger nearby.

9 Likes

Note no fully specifics of how it works is known by me. I only have some data from a conversation where we both agreed more looking into the actual system might be needed.

The opt-in is an advanced program issue from what I heard during a call and would take a lot more work because the settlement algorithm would need revamp. It doesn’t really keep track of who, what, where. It just is a “server layer” that goes over the plots and see who touches what and creates the grouping dynamically. Having a “selection” option in that process would be a different design.

The opt-out model was initially agreed upon as the likely better solution. This would be simpler to add because you just told that “server layer” to ignore a beacon or “guild alignment/control grouping” of plots from that settlement merger part.

The opt-out hasn’t happened because it is not prioritized over the current slate of things they are releasing as of the end of last month.

if we plot all the worlds, then maybe we get new worlds

8 Likes

Nobody even mentioned anything remotely related to you, biitula, or any of your holdings… but if the shoe fits, wear it. Indeed, it is a universal situation that happens on every planet to various degrees of severity, such as the images in the OP. Civil discussion does not merit attack, and nobody has targeted you in this thread except yourself.

3 Likes

the problem with that is good luck proving that it was done to abuse the system and not just some kind of framework for a mega build that maybe the player has not had time to put much work into

the thing is what BL class’s has “roads” is purely arbitrary what if im makeing a warcraft style build and the roads in that case are 3+ plots wide

1 Like

Wouldn’t putting the report abuse option into the beacons be a big issue? Anyone actively trying to cause problems could just hide their beacon and we wouldn’t have a way to access the report option.

1 Like

Stand in the beacon, click TAB > locations > Beacons.
If you click the Current Beacon, itll show report at the bottom of that drop down.

4 Likes

Arent we told to plot the areas we want before others plot them? I know what is showed above might be an extreme example but where do you draw the line between what is permitted and what is not?

8 Likes