Plot protection abuse

How is this taking advantage of the system? You said regarding the shop scanner you didn’t want to take heavy action because you can’t establish intent which I thought was foolish because I think it’s pretty easy to discern a players intention if we simply look at patterns.

That said, how are we to assume these people are taking advantage of the system?

Since the first day I started vets talked down to new players losing their settlements or unable to build because ‘you have to plot what you plan to use everything else is fair game!!!’

Now people are using the systems you have given us to do just that. Veterans are top heavy with massive amounts of plots due to bonus packages and can grab what they want when they want but newer people have to be creative in preserving their work and build space.

The system is just an utter headache. Every few months it seems it’s getting more and more attention which seems like time you guys could spend else where expanding the game.

Just leave the system as it is please. It’s not perfect, but it’s far better than it was before. If anything please just give us the ability to transfer plots/beacons to others. This way if people feel over taken and the bigger builder wants to buy them out then those smaller settlements can get cash and not feel like their just losing everything for no reason other than someone wanted to take them over whether by purpose or accident.

It’s just getting a bit frustrating seeing the plot system get looked at constantly while the game still lacks a lot of flesh, more so when a decent chunk of the population seem to agree that a beacon transfer system while not perfect would be a decent middle path. I’m biased on that as I’ve been an advocate for that system for a long time but I understand others have their concerns with ‘abusing land speculation ‘ and ‘holding land hostage for money’. People are going to think land is held hostage regardless. This post is a prime example.

Please look at a larger scale solution instead of further tweaks to a system that continues to appear to drain resources.

3 Likes

All other issues aside…
A. I buy cubits/plots
B. My friends and I plan a large project so I plot a lot
C. Now I’m not allowed to plot?

Why is this being considered abuse? It was an open unused area/planet (tmk).

They have a plan to build. It’s not for nothing.

It happens to be in straight lines because it’s a lot. Are people with large projects suppose to plot in circles? I don’t get it.

11 Likes

I think the problem is that they’re circumventing having all the plots needed to actually plot an area this large.

1 Like

Also side note. When they advertised boundless and its still active if you look it up. Is that you can plot to control goods. This is no different.

1 Like

It doesn’t matter it they have a plan to build or not honestly as good a point that is. Since the day 1.0 dropped it’s been beat in to people on these forums to plot what you need.

Plots were bought.
Plots were used.
Whether the terrain is preserved or built on, doesn’t really matter frankly. As I said you make a great point that they’re going to build but it honestly shouldn’t even matter.

If someone plotted like this without having the buffer system we wouldn’t be saying anything anyways. That person would have a troll plot in their lines and then we’d have a new post on the forums about that.

The system is imperfect no matter what is done. It always will be. It is flawed at the base level, especially when there is no set rules/guides on how plots should be used.

People are using the systems they are given as is common in a sandbox game. This is the reason I play sandbox games because the devs give the players tools and the players decide how they want to use those tools.

@Mayumichi you’re certainly right. Theyre using the system to preserve plots until they can acquire more plots, as the reservation system should have also been planned to be used as instead of simply a buffer system. It was loudly stated this is how it would be used. It says it reserves it. Why would someone not then do exactly that?

2 Likes

I think intention of area usage should be accounted for too. Maybe increasing planets could help?

Even though the player base is not growing a lot, there seems to be more with large numbers of plots. So fewer people can plot more space.

Answer make it rain planets!

4 Likes

Link please?

They have enough plots to fill it in. They just got started.

1 Like

Since we have EXOs now, maybe we can vote to delete an unplotted T6 in favor of a new T1 or two? lol

3 Likes

I thought this was the same area as in the testing news thread a week ago, apologies. In any case I think if people own the plots it’s fine, but they obviously have to fill them in before the patch goes live. Does it breach any of the other stuff like boxing people in?

?? Don’t see it.

It is the same area. They are working on it. That planet was one of the least populated with vast open areas. I don’t know if anyone was boxed in - if they were, I don’t see them on the forum :woman_shrugging:

There may be other problems or issues I’m not aware of since I’m not a participant in the project(yet).

I respect James’ decision about the matter though.

I am not sure it really matters what the population is on a planet. If this was a massively populated planet and they plotted up most of the free area then it can be argued they are not violating the CoC and doing exactly what has been the consistent mantra for a while. Plot the area you want so you do not loose it.

2 Likes

He always says they will take action if they notice a problem/abuse. They cannot see into the future and read people’s minds though. There’s no way they can prevent every devious act before it happens, but they can take action.

I keep seeing people say we have too many planets as is, but quite frankly I would love some fresh new planets to explore where there’s more meaning to the exploring than just “ok, that one was cool. it will be gone in a few days, then on to the next!”. I love exo’s I really do, but many a time I see one and think “ohmy I wish this one didn’t go away!”. I also lost the incentive to completely wanna explore exo’s, I did in beginning for some but right now I just wanna know where the resources are and go grab 'm.

Anyway, yes, I would love some new permanent planets of ANY tier, and preferably in ALL 4 the regions, my ideal would be 6 new planets per region, T1 thru T6, heck maybe even a permanent T7? or better yet, add some more than 6 per region, 2 each of T1 thru T4! 1 T5, 6 and 7, so 44 new planets total, woooo!

I would go nuts!

So would the portal networks :smiling_imp:

I know this is not gonna happen and yeah, it might mean we’re even more spread out blabla, but sure would love it.

Of course, rental planets would kinda solve this too but it seems those are a long ways of still. Wonder what we will see first, PS4 deluxe upgrade, platform character transfer or rental planets…

4 Likes

I’d want to keep the T6s lol, but absolutely, I think the addition of a few placid T1s could be hugely beneficial all-around. :slight_smile: I only would see upsides to adding a couple, really see no downsides personally… that is what many want to build on and are especially popular of course for the starter builds. Even if we aren’t expecting a huge influx of people any time real soon, perhaps get them up now, let us get building on them.

Especially if some of the features of recent exos were added in - they have been so gorgeous in recent months. :smiley: A T1 with some of the forests and such of some of these exos… oh, I’d be adding a new home to the list in a hurry! :wink:

4 Likes

Yes… new permanent public and rental planets would be awesome!

4 Likes

to alleviate some concerns about this particular settlement (or to create some new ones, I don’t know y’all that well) :

-a big thing is indeed planned here. not only planned, already being built
-a very large area was reserved on an empty land, taking advantage of the road reservation system (temporarily) to save time and clicking.
since the plotting, planning and building is not done by the same person, it couldn’t be done with much precision from the beginning.
the actual area is now being determined inside the noodle area that provides additional protection because the planning takes a lot of time. ( the entire thing is on for just like a week now )
-they have enough plots to fill it and more

-OP: the area around you is far away from the action and should remain untouched and shortly be made available again. if you need to expand that direction right now, contact the owner, I’m sure things can be resolved promptly :slight_smile:

12 Likes

hmm (response is a joke and off topic so may get flagged)

1 - rental planets (6-12 months)
2 - Platform character transfer 2022
3 - PS4 Deluxe 2020

1 Like