(Poll complete) What kind of player are you?

Even if you made the selection as a joke that would then be to torment the audience at large… which is still griefing!

5 Likes

Good point. Witch hunt?

:mega: Iron pitchforks, 20c at Havok Industries!! Get yer iron pitchforks here!!

11 Likes

I always keep a few pitchforks and torches laying around.
…just in case!

5 Likes

I have plenty of torches!!!

3 Likes

Forget pitchforks…I just found a 50 cal under @DanBeforeTime gleam tree…I didn’t even know they introduced guns into the game :thinking:

3 Likes

Just be careful, the 50 cals only use red gleam for ammo!

4 Likes

Oh my word!!! You just introduced a whole new thought for me :heart_eyes:

1 Like

LOL. What are you on about?

4 Likes

Oh, you know, just your average every day Greifer witchhunt

4 Likes

ok but if you want to know for sure who the witch is you will need a logical way of knowing. I beleave the following link may be useful!

6 Likes

There’s an easier way

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

This is interesting. For an MMO only half enjoy leveling up a character, even though that’s a huge aspect of every MMO. So was it the other aspects of the game that drew those players in?

Also seeing how building is the most important to the majority makes me feel even more strongly that we need more plots. Otherwise you’re limiting the greatest aspect of the game.

4 Likes

Looks like most current player-base comes from mc meaning they want to build first of all.
Boundless might well establish new standards here and take its players to where no one’s been.

2 Likes

Speaking only for myself, the MMO aspect is simply something that happens to be there. I was drawn in by the creativity and style. I love leveling characters in RPGs so that was also huge. I love the concept of MMOs but I get really turned off by the inevitable elitism that always arises. I know it will happen with Boundless as well, but I’ve already found great friends to stick with even when we get to that point.

6 Likes

That said, I can’t imagine Boundless as a single player experience now that I’ve played it. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

If it was made available as single player it would be very lonely and un-satisfying.

4 Likes

I think having rented servers could negate some of that feeling - you can essentially keep mostly away from that aspect of it.

1 Like

This is one of the things I’m most excited for! :smile:

1 Like

Could you expand this a little?

By elitism do you mean that other players might exclude you from playing somehow? You’re not in the club?

Or that the dominant players will have too much control over the game or worlds somehow?

Very interesting poll results so far.

A lot of people want to build. I will have to admit, I am one of those players.

I am surprised that mining was higher than crafting. I guess it can be fulfilling when you find a good seam of gems or hard coal.

I was also surprised at the hunting rankings. I have been on several of the large hunts and really enjoyed them. I have also done well in the loot I received being part of them and will join others over time. Maybe while people enjoy the large hunts, it is not one of the primary reasons they play.

2 Likes