(Poll complete) What kind of player are you?

I think this poll should be redone with only one option for each voter. I also picked “builder” but I also picked a lot of others and my favorite is “hunter”. I think it’s natural that most people in a voxel game like building at least a bit and therefore it’s no surprise it is at the top even if it might not the “favorite” of each how voted. Maybe you can make an additional where one has to pick is favorite (only 1 vote) to see a better/more realistic distribution.

5 Likes

I really wanna see this hit 100 voters. Cmon people!!! :smiley:

2 Likes

because this is not ur classic MMO…this game isn’t gonna attract MMO people it’s gonna attract people who play Trove, Minecraft and hate to say it “roblox” xD

2 Likes

It’s quite unfortunate but I agree with you. My friends who plays MMORPGs makes fun of me cause I’m apparently playing “Minecraft” which they also like to make fun of :rofl: I don’t think I’ll ever get them to play this even if I give the game for free.

4 Likes

You guys are right. This is not your average MMO at all. Oh well, their loss :sunglasses: just means more red gleam for us…

3 Likes

yeah it’s a open sandbox game trying to be a MMORPG…had they gone the way with how skills in trove work maybe more people would be playing it right now *the prices don’t help either right now xD but like honestly maybe when it has dungeons and ■■■■…but even then from what i understand people are gonna be forced to make “friendships” and such which is never a good idea IMO…you should always rely on people wanting to be social in games just for the sake of it…not because they are forced to otherwise they can’t experience the game properly…

like i mean look at how people want to be apart of the community…but it’s scoring higher then “playing with others” people just sometimes want to do ■■■■ on their own why that’s a problem i will never know. the only time forcing some people to team up is for BIGASS bosses or the like of that matter.for simple gameplay such as PVE or Mining it should never be a problem of people soloing such…the teamwork should come from people WANTING to work together to overcome adversity not because they are forced to do simple tasks

1 Like

Sorry for the slow response James. When I say “elitism” it’s not something that I ever really attribute to the design choices that have been made for a particular game. I think it’s just humans being humans. With MMOs you get large groups of people all having different goals/ ideas of what they want out of a game.

The elitism I’m taking about tends to happen in forums and on social and it’s typically high level players that play a lot being generally unfriendly/ uninviting and toxic to newer and lower level players.

With the exception of one incident earlier in the year, I haven’t seen too much of it here. Don’t get me wrong, It won’t keep me from playing the game, it’s just the one inevitable aspect of MMOs that I don’t care for.

10 Likes

I’ve been racking my brain trying to figure out how to explain that and you just said it perfectly.

5 Likes

Yeah, it took me a few days to iron that out into something vaguely intelligible. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This is something we are aiming to avoid. I am not a fan of the elite mentality of other MMOs who kick or ignore you because you haven’t invested 10s of hours that week or haven’t got the right gear.

9 Likes

I think many and most people in general WANT to work together but aren’t willing to give up on their ideals or beliefs or whatever is required to make that inherent WANT become a success. Things like the Internet and forums allow people to stand strong in their beliefs because of the limited communication means and the ability to not be held accountable for their beliefs and actions like being “in person” can.

I would challenge the word “elitism” and just generalize it more as “ego.” I haven’t seen any cases where people feel they are “better than someone else” but have seen hundreds now of where people are “right” or “know more” than others.

The poll clearly shows people are builders and is there really a spot for that in a MMORPG where possible conflicts in game direction are possible.

2 Likes

We did it. 100 participants in the poll. Makes it much easier to determine numbers. Thank you for helping with this. Seems we have 5 greifers out of 100. Not bad at all.

4 Likes

5 witches you mean!
:mega: Free torch with every pitchfork sold! Get your pitchforks here!!

9 Likes

I’ll take one Pitchfork please