Poll: If Rentable Planets came out tomorrow

I might rent one, depending upon the perms I would have. I would set up a place with a portal so people could come in and set up, if they wanted to.

It would also be cool if we would be allowed to change the planet resource colors every 7 days or something.

Planet controls>random color generator>refresh

You could call that planet Chameleon :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yeah, you would have ‘i don’t like ice cream’ as an option.

By not having this option you are intentionally excluding a percentage of the player base.

Anyway, as you might tell, I’m not a fan of polls (although I did do one, but tried to make it as fair as possible) or statistics.

They can be manipulated to present whatever it is your trying to prove.

Can’t remember who said it, but there’s an apt quote (I’m paraphrasing):

Theres lies, damn lies, and then there’s statistics

1 Like

Alrighty, I’ll add a counter for people that post to say they wouldn’t rent servers then, since adding another option would apparently reset the thing.

Just to make you happy. :heart:

Awesome, I knew you’d come around :kissing_heart:

I’ll even crunch the percentages to include those that wouldn’t rent, once the voting starts to die down :stuck_out_tongue:

Curious though…
If I am able to whitelist someone, I assume I can also blacklist them?
ie: Person comes to my planet, starts acting like a ■■■■ to everyone, and I not only want to remove them from the whitelist, I need to blacklist them entirely. What happens? Are they banished to the sanctum, all of their beacons/plots are returned to them, and they can no longer come to the planet?

2 Likes

The consensus so far seems to be that they should have a period of time to collect their stuff, during which they could remove things from their plots and such but not add more stuff/plots, and after that time expires anything left behind would regen as normal.

But there’s no dev confirmation that it would necessarily work like that.

In that case they would still have access for a while after being removed from the whitelist / blacklisted to do that, instead of being instantly banished.

1 Like

You only have one or the other. if you use white list then only people who are on white list can access,

if you have black list then people on black list can not access but everyone else can

If I make it public, anyone could enter. If I whitelist ppl, I assume I’m giving them perms to make a house/workshop/etc. If someone is being a jerk, I would like to blacklist them to kick them off the planet.

2 Likes

Blacklist and Whitelisting modes are mutually exclusive to the same ACL inless you are talking about two different ACLs

It’s basically just a technicality of terminology.

If you use a blacklist, then by default anyone has access, and only people on the blacklist are denied access. In that case, there’s no need for a whitelist, because if you remove people from the blacklist that’s enough to give 'em access.

If you use a whitelist then by default no one has access, and only people on the whitelist are granted access. In that case, there’s no need for a blacklist, because if you remove 'em from the whitelist, they already lose access.

How can you have plotting and not block breaking?

You can break within your plots but not destroy natural unplotted terrain. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah we’d be right back at square one with doofuses doing doofus things if you can’t remove people from the whitelist.

1 Like

So it would have to be on the surface?

I prefer more control. Without it, I would not rent a planet. If it’s so vague and far-reaching, there’s no point, IMO. For some, I would trust them to build and be respectful. For ppl new to the planet, I would not give them perms to remove machines/blocks/etc. If I blacklist someone, it implies that they are not allowed to access the world at all.

1 Like

Initially :stuck_out_tongue:

You can always add plots downward to dig.

And could you have it so that you placed beacons controllers for people; and even claim plots?

@arkhainn

Note for you.