Poll: we want 2 stacks of oort shards in portals

Yes, please give us something to increase our combat ability for t7. I would like to hunt and collect ichor, but cant seem to survive on t7 fights, even lvl 1 meteors

2 Likes

I have to say though, that as someone who was working to advertise and maintain accessibility, I’ve made less in the last week than I had been making lately.

Now that anyone can just throw up a shop stand and price their items down a bit for business, it’s less useful for those that were making the effort.

I’m still adjusting, just a little lazy about it. Maybe today I’ll get my baskets moved to a better area (gyosha mall) and reprice some of the stuff in my local shop, where my efforts have been half-hearted on many things.

After all I named my main shop “sunken storage” because it’s primarily storage and secondarily a shop. I did get a nice hit on my metal decor shop in Eresho but I suspect (haven’t spent time monitoring) that prices will be sinking on those items as well.

I don’t think he’s doing 500k/hour 24/7 :wink:

2 Likes

Nope, just anytime I choose to actually try to make money. It’s nice knowing that I can find shops to sell to immediately for a coin boost if I want to. I did that very thing just before I made that post for amalgam that you responded to. I had no coin during those post flair ups and decided I’d go run a few basket checks

I mean, just look at what people are buying and make the choice to go farm those materials/craft those goods. Why run a shop when you can just deliver it all and have no hassle of waiting? hoping to make 5k-50k a day seems pretty low for people that are actually looking to make money. I’m not going to tell people how I’m using the new shop scanner. That’d cut in to my profits when I do choose to make money. I’m definitely not playing 24/7 I play quite irregularly so for anyone that does play a decent amount, they should be able to squash what I make by just paying attention to request baskets.

But then again I’m the weird one that likes to warp around instead of using portals. :man_shrugging:

anyway, sorry for taking your post off the tracks @DKPuncherello I’m gonna leave the thread alone and let you and the others that want change advocate for it.

1 Like

Ah yeah, by actively selling. This makes more sense.

More bumps for the poll :wink:

1 Like

I agree, it’ll fix itself. Prices will go up, some people will shut down hubs and stop playing, footfall goes down because less people play the game, Oort can’t be afforded at the new high prices, people have to hunt themselves, burn out, stop playing… Oh, wait, that’s what we see at the moment.

I go through about 30 SS of shards per week.

3 Likes

i spend 216 shards a day and i have over 45,900
shards

2 Likes

I 100% am in agreement with a second slot for more shards. I suggested this before the new fuel came out. Not sure why anyone voted no?

1 Like

maybe there could be a fueling block that fuels the portal its connected on like a hopper it would feed oort

I’m still baffled that compact oort doesn’t work as fuel. Even if it was less efficient than shards, it would still be nice to have fuel that can fill some larger time gaps.

2 Likes

Isn’t this what ichor does though? Few are biting at it

Because it requires you to hunt meteors on a T7 exo. Exos are random and T7s seldom spawn. They aren’t a dependable nor reasonable source. Ichor isn’t a guaranteed drop either.

3 Likes

I went on a few t7 hunts. I don’t anymore. I broke way more weapons, got way less oort, among other things, and not even close to enough ichor to balance the equation. They’re also way harder without being any more interesting than a t6 meteor, which means I have to fight a certain degree of boredom while being in top form.

I agree, wish it was easier to hunt on t7.

1 Like

I clicked yes but I don’t think that my vote registered. Right now I like to keep my portals to a minimum because of the high frequent refueling needs of bigger portals. So I would be more willing to open bigger portals if there was additional space.

1 Like

Wow reading the numbers needed for keeping portals open is very daunting. Ive been playing about 8 weeks now and have been on a few hunts but with the oort I have I’d be lucky to keep a portal open for a few days never mind long term. I also think I must be doing something wrong when I read people can make a mil within 2 hours, I’ve made probably 100k in 8 week! So as a fairly new player I think the amount of oort needed to keep a portal open is waaaaayyyy too much and something that is only viable for veteran players with loads of cash and oort. And this could also be one of the reasons new players don’t stick around, because the numbers are so daunting, it seems beyond reach to a newish player. IMO

2 Likes

Hmm how about ease of using …i never think footfall when i am going to any t5 plus planet but i guess u just keep warping individually until u can get there…there really isnt alot of networks really …i am glad i didnt make a network. Filling portals every 4 days just so u know u didnt forgett any would be tedious. So why not allow more ort. I dont see over use. Maybe if u think over use, u could start warping to each planet…lol

2 Likes

Personally, I don’t think there needs to be more slots for Oort Shards. I believe that keeping a number of Portals up and running simultaneously should be a bit of work to accomplish. I always thought Portals were supposed to be a more end-game goal, and the prevalence of Portal Hubs was pretty disappointing to me. They’re convenient, but destroy a part of the sense of exploration.

More importantly, I don’t think people really want an extra slot. 5.5 weeks is more than long enough to not have to revisit and refuel a 2x1 portal. People want to be able to fuel larger portals for ‘A more reasonable amount of time’.

For that, I offer two better solutions:

1. Do away with different Portal sizes costs. It pushes people to make networks with many small jumps instead of single large jumps. This means more active portals, which Devs have already stated is ‘poorly optimised’.

Alternatively:

1. A slot per portal conduit (much like spark generators) that has capacity limits so that filling them all up will keep the portal open for the roughly same time frame. Then just add in a shift + click (and some other controller combination) override when placing Oort shards into a portal, so that it takes a stack and fills up as much space as it can over as many slots as you have shards for. That would end up with no more user-input for much better balance.
1 Like

Not sure why you have formed this opinion of planet hubs being about footfall money and ofcourse everyone is entitled to their opinion.

They are created to give the community a quick way travel and the footfall they generate is almost fully used up in buying shards therefore benefitting the hunting community by getting coin out there in such large volumes on a regular basis.

In our case TNT, we wanted to offer something different to the existing networks by providing a full network in a small space and allowing single jumps to the planet of choice (excluding t5+). Not only this but it was a great sense of achievement that our small guild could actually pull it off and in doing so make it a community project.

So I for one would love to see a way to ensure the biggest portals at the very least can run without attention for 2 weeks.

6 Likes

Huh? Once you warp once, you have a location permanently. Just drop your warp conduits and go.

Easy conclusion to come to when you see it posted about for over a year. If it’s the wrong conclusion that’s fine. Makes a lot of posts people have made seem weird then.