Poll: What tier/type of Sovereign World(s) are you planning on renting?

A lot still up in the air I know, but thought this could be interesting info, curious to see who all plans to do what… so, if any possibility you could get it (say, you want a few but cost might be an issue, or if up in the air but it could be a possibility you might get it), go ahead and vote. Not including T7s in the main poll since it is only the other types that seem certain, but will do a separate poll for it. Also, I’m only going with the types of worlds in the permanents now, so perhaps something like a T6 Lush COULD be available, but not a possibility that we know of so not including.

Going to have to break the tiers into a couple polls too, because of how many choices there are.

You think you may rent-

• T1 Lush
  • T2 Lush
  • T3 Lush
  • T3 Coal
  • T3 Metal

0 voters

You think you may rent-

• T4 Lush
  • T4 Coal
  • T4 Metal
  • T5 Coal
  • T5 Metal
  • T5 Blast
  • T5 Burn
  • T5 Chill
  • T5 Corrosive
  • T5 Shock
  • T5 Toxic
  • T6 Blast
  • T6 Burn
  • T6 Chill
  • T6 Corrosive
  • T6 Shock
  • T6 Toxic

0 voters

If available, you may rent-

• T7 Rift
  • T7 Blink
  • T7 Umbris

0 voters

5 Likes

Depending on price, one of each gem and each lucent would be nice, as well as a t3-4 lush to play on. Maryx will stay my home though.

5 Likes

If lucents were to be available, it would be VERY hard for me to pick, haha - which is why I voted all three on that. I know that price-wise 3-4 total would be my limit even if it came in at the cheapest I’ve seen speculated… but wow, would be tough to pick there if that were the case!

Rift - Rift, of course! :wink: And the worlds are usually quite pretty!
Blink - Get lots of gold, also sometimes ruby while mining for Blink.
Umbris - The emerald and amethyst too, huge consideration though I don’t like Umbris as much as the other two lucents (though the seams are cool!)

2 Likes

Lucent would be a hard pick… I think I’d choose them just to make them accessible, rather than for use. Chryso coils, rift bows, and umbris grapples are about all I use them for : /

3 Likes

I thought I want T4 lush as a new home, but it doesn’t have lava underground… so I’m doing some exploring now

4 Likes

Same here. If the price is right, I will have at least three gems and a lush. They may all be t6 for easier portal upkeep. If its high it will just be a t6 blast and a t3/4 lush once the right colors hit.

4 Likes

In my opinion the prices will be calculated in relation to the sovereign worlds chosen.

2 Likes

? Can you clarify what you mean?

1 Like

Lava vs. Water underground is something you can easily specify in World Builder…in other words it’s not tied to the profile.

Now as to whether or not we’ll be able to indicate what kind of liquid should be used underground or not…I only wish we knew :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I could totally see this happening and I’d understand if this were the case, but I kinda hope it isn’t.

4 Likes

if I do get to chose, then of course water on surface, lava underground, and a pretty blue sky, but if I can only pick from what exists now in perma in terms of tier / type and liquid distribution, I’m in between t4 lush and t4 coal

let’s hope for more customization though

if not world builder level of control, then I’d be fine with tier / type, liquids, sliders for: temperature, humidity, land vs. sea, and elevation (biomes then auto-picked according to these specifications), and option to pick natural or geometric coastline

2 Likes

I interpreted their comment as rental price could vary based on each planet tier, t1 maybe 5$ scaling upwards for higher tier worlds.

5 Likes

I can be wrong what I hope :wink: After it will be normal if the price would be adjusted according to the resources and the tier chosen. But if this were the case it could be a brake on the purchase too.

3 Likes

you interpret well what I am trying to explain. And I apologize in advance because my English is limited. @Clexarews

4 Likes

I voted for quite a few!

I want one or two permanent ones depending on pricing. T2+T4 when cheapish, otherwise T3.

And if I can I would also like to get a third which I want to rotate every month or so!

Of course if they are super super cheap I might go for more but I have a feeling I won’t be able to.

3 Likes

I believe quite a few variables can determine the price. A long time ago someone mentioned that the amount of concurrent players might change the price. And if there are different sizes of planets to choose from then that can also be used to determine price.

Though I don’t think a higher tier world makes it more expensive to host for the devs but they could do that to make sure not too many higher tier worlds will be rented…

4 Likes
  • T7 Oort

0 voters

2 Likes

That would be a permanent for me lol

3 Likes

mon

:grin: :heart_eyes:

… Good argument for it now too I think, to make Oort more easily available I mean, with these coming. Especially now looking at the spread of the poll results skewing T3+. Oort demand and prices could go way up perhaps?

Big surprise so far is how little T1 interest there is here… though guess it makes sense thinking on it more in a way - a T3 or 4 Lush you are getting a lot more as far as resources. Smacking down the occasional mob is no big deal if playing as long as most of us have, that or keeping a stealth build will mostly keep you safe while building too.

2 Likes

Imagine the distance to a permanent sovereign T7! wowzer!

If only with the sovereign world update there would also be a rebalancing of portal fuels and blinksec distances! :slight_smile:

2 Likes