Poll: When do YOU think the rental worlds update will be released?

I really think that was ana actual mistake, not deliberate hype. This is especially clear with that now being labeled as a dead post.

5 Likes

I would agree, but anyone knows that we are like werewolves if one of us catches wind of it it tends to snowball into the community LOL. Albeit not intentional the end result was still the same unfortunately, especially because everyone is drooling like Cujo from stephen kings book LMAO :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull:

2 Likes

My assumption was it got labeled as a dead post because it got flooded with player posts and he wants the actual release post to be cleaner.

4 Likes

I canā€™t dispute the destructive effects of that post if there isnā€™t follow through very soon.

Yeah, undoubtedly. In my opinion, it was accidentally shared and the flood of hype comments means he had to make a new one, this time properly hidden, to use in whatever pre-written marketing or marketplace submission thing it was generated for.

1 Like

September 7, 2021

1 Like

Thats not even funny
giphy (8)

1 Like

I shouldve checked the dates. Thought it was thursday xD

2 Likes

Tacos!! :grin: :+1:

ā€¦ Oh wait, that isnā€™t an option here on this one. :thinking:

Could go with Taco Tuesday instead, the 15th, but I see @rossstephens voted the 14th. Even if messing with us seems as good a bet as any I suppose so Iā€™ll vote that too. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Id hoped our noble leaders who had voted for today knew something we didnā€™t, but alas :sob:

1 Like

14th makes the most sense right now. Releasing tomorrow is both too close to the end of the week and also would give people conflict between setting up their new planets and playing the birthday event.

This way, we get birthday exo(s) for 3ish days before everyone goes and unpacks on their sovereigns.

1 Like

At this point I think many are less interested in the Birthday event than the Sovereignsā€¦ just saying. If they were smart they would do both. I fear we are getting ready to loose a lot of players from what i have seen on the forums and others have told me in game. Which would really suck for those of us that are still around for the long haul because there will be less players if they all follow through with their quiting rants. Also if it is just all exos what is the big deal.

Well Iā€™d hazard a guess that over 75% of the folks who say theyā€™re leaving for good come back. Yes I think sovereigns should be a priority but I dont think things should be released before theyā€™re ready due to these kinds of threats :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

The 2nd Anniversary itā€™s own thing - separate from rental planets (even if they happen on the same day). If people want to enjoy & look forward to the party event, thereā€™s nothing wrong with that.

If rentals are ready in the next 1-14 days, Iā€™m sure anyone that wants one will be fine with that. If someone wants to rage-quit because rentals come out on the 11th (for example), but they set their own do-or-die date as by the 10th ā€œor elseā€ā€¦thatā€™s on them. :woman_shrugging:

Theyā€™ve said theyā€™re pretty much just wrapping up the payment/UI stuff. Probably had to prepare the stuff to be submitted on Steam & PS too, for the big update.

5 Likes

I agree and I dont think anyone is asking for it to be released unready but giving us an actual eta would settle everyone down even if they miss it by a day or two. At least people wouldnt be threatning to leave and like I said it would calm everyone down.

2 Likes

If someone is passionate enough about the game that theyā€™re distraught waiting on the update, why would they quit for good?

Makes perfect sense for people to take a break now.

3 Likes

I am 100% done with the game if this update doesnā€™t come out by end of next week. I have invested way too much time and money in this game to invest any more and be repeatedly let down like this. There are too many good games like Boundless out there on the market right now for the Boundless devs to keep stringing along their most passionate and long-time base.

1 Like

They really arenā€™t stringing us along though. They put it out for testing and have been actively working every day to complete all the new systems to give us as good of an update as possible. Just yesterday they said itā€™s become a lot more complicated than expected.

Itā€™s still Boundless. Not like they shut the servers down in preparation for the update. Anyone who chose to reclaim all their work did it on spec. Iā€™m not blaming anyone, and Iā€™m not sure what I would have done if I didnā€™t leap at the opportunity to claim some of that land for my greatest project to date, keeping myself busy.

Threatening to quit the game forever because this major, game-changing update wasnā€™t such a breeze to develop is petty. Let them perfect their work and release a playable update.

5 Likes

Iā€™m sure my brain read the subject as ā€œWhen do YOU want the rental worlds update to be released?ā€ :joy:

3 Likes
  1. They have provided next to no updates on the progress of development. There are literally dozens of very important unanswered questions.
  2. The game is still lacking in several features that were supposed to be out with 1.0 and the pace of updates in 2020 implies that we are still a long ways off on seeing any of these features.
  3. They are 100% stringing us along. Cryptic message from a random dev just saying ā€œweā€™re closeā€ with no context or explanation of what that means? Check. Creating a ā€œplaceholderā€ release notes post last week and then closing it and claiming itā€™s a ā€œdeadā€ post? Check.

Look, Iā€™m tired of the hush-hush nature of the devs for this game. Iā€™m tired of how they donā€™t want to communicate anything until theyā€™re about to release it. Iā€™m tired of having zero roadmap for the game. Most importantly, Iā€™m tired of being strung along.

EDIT: If you want to know how to kill all hype for a huge update like this, just open your eyes. This is precisely how you do it.

3 Likes

Would you prefer ā€œprobably Mondayā€ and then a delay to the week after? Which has a better net result, failed promises or no promises at all?

How do so many people think this was deliberate? It was a mistake.

3 Likes