Poll: When do YOU think the rental worlds update will be released?

There have been posts by Ross too. :woman_shrugging:
Maybe itā€™s not the specific info some of us want (I want to know prices)

1. Yes, yes I would 100% prefer ā€œprobably Mondayā€ followed by a delay. Every time and twice on @#^!ing Sunday. It is perfectly fine. Delays happen. What I wonā€™t stand for is communicating nothing.
  2. I didnā€™t claim it as deliberate or a mistake but it still served the purpose of stringing us along as I said.

EDIT: Hell, Iā€™ve been waiting on Cyberpunk 2077 for what seems like years now. Same thing with New World. Both have been delayed. Itā€™s fine. At least they actually gave us new dates we can plan around as opposed to the silent, mysterious releases we see in Boundless.

3 Likes

I made a very similar mistake in my irl company literally yesterday haha! Had something in a folder that I knew was changing and someone poked around and found it and came so close to using it.

So I know the post as clearly a mistake.

1 Like

Its the LACK of information thatā€™s driving us crazy. The constant need for the community to continue speculating on every facet of what is going on by the devs. The lack of transparency, the lack of communication. The lack of knowing the DIRECTION the game is going. Roadmap is nonexistant, plans are unknown, some game mechanics are half-butted and half-implemented with no explanation as to why. Iā€™m tired of the constant speculation. Iā€™m tired of these ā€œteaserā€ posts the devs do to continue feeding the speculation. I. JUST. WANT. ACTUAL. INFORMATION. ABOUT. WHAT. IS. TO. COME.

6 Likes

This ^^^^

/10chars

3 Likes

Those two games have teams orders of magnitude larger. They have more accuracy because their work is bigger and more spread out. They are also likely using dramatically different project management processes, QA processes, etc. They will also likely be ā€œdoneā€ well before release, and itā€™s a question of how many bugs get fixed in the initial release vs in patches.

A smaller project like this is going to have so much less to do, which makes each piece more critical, and the last days are polish and bug fix rather than Project Redā€™s likely weeks to months of polish/bug fix.

Rydralain

I worked in the game industry for several years as a dev on both AAA (via outsourcing) and indie titles. Iā€™m well versed in what it takes to launch games of various sizes. This isnā€™t how you do it.

2 Likes

I assure you that both methods (release date ahead of time vs release when done) cause about the same amount of distress in forums.

1. Whilst this may work for you, it wouldnā€™t for those players that think missed release dates are worse. Itā€™s a pretty much damned if you do, damned if you donā€™t scenario for the devs here.

2. If you look through literally any of the release notes and view the version history, they all pretty much start with a ā€œplaceholderā€. It was a definitely a mistake for it to pop into the timeline - not an intentional string-along. For you to feel that way, thatā€™s on you.

My preference, the same as MajorVex, would be for them to release some information regarding prices, customisation options etc. to placate the forum goers and give us something to discuss before the release. That said, it may not be possible for them to do this as it may not have been finalised yet.

9 Likes

Meh. People like this one because itā€™s made by Amazon. Iā€™ve been play testing it since the 1st test (Dec 2018). Itā€™s not great imo. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Iā€™d say missing a promised date is bad. Missing a revised promised date is exponentially worse.

Not promising a dateā€¦ well that just means everyone needs to chillax a bit because if itā€™s such a big undertaking that the people making it donā€™t know when itā€™s complete, we shouldnā€™t be hyping ourselves up so much in the first place.

7 Likes

Doesnā€™t change that the end result was the same.

They do feed into it when they engage in polls and switch their answers. I use to think it funny and now its annoying.

1 Like

Thatā€™s the point Iā€™m trying to put across. Theyā€™re not giving us concrete information until well after its apparently a frozen feature set in stone that has no chance of change, disregarding all community feedback regarding such things. The only exception to this has been Creative<->Survival Portals.

The speculation the community does doesnā€™t help stop the devs from continuing to pull this garbage.

*Begins chanting* Roadmap. Roadmap. Roadmap. Roadmap. Roadmap. Roadmap. Roadmap. Roadmap. Roadmap. Roadmap. Roadmap. Roadmap. Roadmap. Roadmap. Roadmap. Roadmap.

2 Likes

I am with you on that.

1 Like

Yep. This is exactly how I feel.

2 Likes

Imagine this forum if they donā€™t release tomorrow. Itā€™s gonna go nuts!!! Everyone get ready to level up your forum flag powerā€¦

10 Likes

Well, looking at their steam testing uploads theyā€™re atleast doing their best to get it done as soon as possible.
There were several uploads to their internal testing within the past 24 hours with the latest one being less than an hour old. ( https://steamdb.info/app/324510/depots/ )

2 Likes

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM I did not know this information was public! good to know

EDIT: looking at this data there are many days with multiple staging updates over the last several weeks. I donā€™t think this is an indicator of the upcoming release. I think this is more just internal updates for their work on later updates.

3 Likes

Well, itā€™s common to upload stuff on a regular basis but itā€™s still a good indicator that itā€™s probably just bugfixing if uploads happen that frequently.
Thereā€™s a chance that theyā€™ll publish it to staging before the release tho so I keep checking that table every now and then :slight_smile:

4 Likes