[Poll] - Who uses Oort Amalgam?

I used to try and buy it at 450c but no one ever sold me any.

I was seeing it for sale in the 1200-2000c range. Dunno what it is now

Per shard?

It was per Ichor

That’s good money. Surprised no one sold to you.

Too rare everyone holds on to it. And my shop(s) were plenty popular when I was playing active shop keep.

1 Like

Well, dang. I would have hunted solely for those things had I been around Haha. That covers weapon cost easy

I got 99 votes but a yes ain’t one of em :musical_note:

2 Likes

this is kinda my point though, it’s rarity, while possibly / probably not it’s intended use, still makes people hold onto theirs even if nobody uses it… which is kinda weird, considering you can turn it into coin which can be used for almost anything - so they have a use after all :wink:

2 Likes

Amalgam is too much work to hunt and it isn’t fun or rewarding enough.

2 Likes

I’m officially using them now thanks to everyone doing so much work on the numbers and giving me something new to do in game. One of my tiny portals will soon be open for 15~ weeks before I have to bother with it again and it’s going to cost me about 450k per portal. For me, that’s a hassle of not having to hunt or touch my portals. For almost 4 months. Yea I think that’s worth it. 450k for just shy of 4 months of no worry? Works for me.

2 Likes

4 months? :open_mouth:

15 weeks = 3.6 months I guess, depending how you math

amalgam

2 Likes

What size portal is that? 1x2?

Yes. I think I said they were but who knows which thread it’s in at this point. If you’re running multiple maxed out portals it probably wouldn’t make sense to use amalgam. If you’re using small ones though it’s fantastic.

I was really looking forward to using it, but it just doesn’t make sense… Oort is a big enough expense and the amalgam just wastes it.

:thinking: So I need to fuel a 1x2 portal
10 times a year with oort shards or
4 times a year if I use amalgams.

2 Likes

Right. So if you self fuel them and don’t buy, that cuts down on quite a bit of hunting and more time doing other things you enjoy in game. If you buy it then you’re paying a premium but you have less worry with the ‘availability’ of oort during low inventory cycles. It’s definitely the premium fuel the devs billed it as.

1 Like

Personally i think the cost of the icor is enough. No need to drop oort efficiency at all. Icors not super common either, so that also limits availability.

3 Likes

I have a portal I plan to, eventually, use it on. Even with the “loss” it, to me, will be more efficient. It’s a max range portal. So, more feasible imo. Right now I only have 8 amalgam, but working toward more, slowly but surely.

1 Like