[Poll] - Who uses Oort Amalgam?

Do you use Oort Amalgam to keep your portals open longer?

• Yes
  • No
  • I don’t own any portals / Other

0 voters

I’m just curious. This isn’t an argument about how useful the stuff is, but more just a gauge to see how often amalgam is used.

It’s often said that the only people who benefit from Oort amalgam are people who are taking a break and/or only have a few small portals, so i’m curious how many people, who fit that description, use it.

2 Likes

Wow!
A sentence

Well that’s pretty concise so far - 46 votes and not a single one for yes

IG nore my vote Phone messed up lol I don’t use it

8 Likes

…lmao! (Full body sentence!!!)

Click “Hide results” and change your vote.

2 Likes
----------
2 Likes

Im sure the devs already know the real statistics. Can’t say im surprised with the poll results either. I think everyone except one or two people have said it should be changed to be more cost efficient

2 Likes

You can hide results and change your vote

Don’t use it but would use it if i had the materials for it.

If it was a drop people would use it. But crafting it makes no sense. You’re putting in a dollar and getting back three quarters.

6 Likes

New poll: Re evaluate Oort Amalgam or re evaluate Oort Amalgam lol

I wish I could use them, but last time I checked, you lose oortshards in the conversion process.
It’s not made for players like me who only own 1x2 portals.

I guess it’s good for the BIG portals of mega-hubs like Ultima City on Eresho.
I’d be curious to know if they use them.

2 Likes

Oort Amalgam; The crossover with Warframe thst nobody expected.

1 Like

definitely looks like it represents the forum well. I’ve never seen anyone claim to actively use it before.

1 Like

@james I’d suggest making the ichor T6 as well as its current T7 availability, since the rarity isn’t helping it that much these days.

1 Like

If that happens then the t6 loot table gets more populated and less Oort drops, potentially. Compounds the problem.

1 Like

It’s funny, every argument ive seen that says to leave it as is is because its useful “for people who only own a few smaller portals”.

Speaking from experience in PS, larger portal hubs definitely can’t afford to use them, because it represents over 4* the cost to upkeep, based on this math:

At that point it just isn’t worthwhile, and even at 1:1 converstion I doubt this would change for large portal hubs.

1 Like

It’s almost as if the developers shouldnt have wasted dev time making an item that people clamored for.

4 Likes

50 cents maybe…

1 Like