/ POLLS / Most wanted features V2

I beg to differ.

The death penalty has affected me quite a bit, especially in the past few days and it’s extremely frustrating. I’ve had multiple deaths in a row from connection issues, some spanning over several hours. I struggle to get rid of the penalty. Then just as I get out of it I die because of the connection issues and I’m stuck with it again…and so begins the vicious cycle of getting rid of the death penalty again :triumph::weary:

I have not said I want it taken away and the OP has not said that either, they’ve just suggested it be fairer. Which in my opinion is…fair.

Than what do you think fair would be? Because I think a fair penalty for dying Is dropping all your items, they lose 25% durability, and you are force warped to a home beacon and have to pay the warp cost. That’s fair to me. That’s a true penalty for dying. The xp loss is nothing in terms of a death penalty. You lose nothing and can warp back to same location for free. Its holding your hand in death SOOO much already.
I agree the lag needs to be addressed. But the death penalty should not be reduced in any way what so ever.

2 Likes

All I mean by fairer is something small, like reducing the amount of time/xp earned that you have it.

If you think it should be that, fine. But changing it to something so drastic wouldn’t work well for everyone (especially those who have no coin left) and if it were the only penalty, it could deter people from purchasing the game or playing. It could be an option, like a hardcore mode, so players such as yourself can opt in for it. But once you pick, it cannot be changed and the character must be deleted or a new one made to change. That would be a great idea.

When I say I struggle and it’s frustrating to get rid of it, it’s because I have it for so long sometimes. The connection issues slow gameplay so much and the world connection keeps cutting out every few minutes and takes another few minutes to reconnect. Or I have to keep restarting the game/computer. Thus taking me ages to get rid of it.

Before anyone suggests it: my PC is good enough to run the game smoothly.

@decuire can verify I’ve been having this problem. He’s witnessed me (trying) to play.

I’m not suggesting they make it that harsh. Simply offering the alternative to show how minor it is currently. I completely understand the frustration of having the penalty over long periods of time because of death caused by lag. But again, this is an issue with the servers that is being worked on currently. The correct fix would be to fix the lag. Not reduce the penalty. Once the lag has been addressed, and death doesn’t happen for that reason, the penalty will be completely fair and death will be your own fault, not the games fault.

1 Like

Pressure plates three tiers.
Tier 1
Activates for players and mobs
Tier 2
player activated
Tier 3
Private to beacon settings

3 Likes

Let’s be honest what we all really really want is more chisel options:

Rounded edges
Combination chiesl shapes (e.g slope with bevel edges)
More angles for slopes
Combined blocks - ever wanted to stick some gleam on that beveled corner?

Mmmm yes please!

2 Likes

Maybe instead of a epic for the death penalty it could be point-based up to three skill points removing half of it, 75% of it, and then all of it which would be more accessible since 5 skill points is a lot.

A building template that you could save that would make building easier. Like a 3x3 grid and you can maybe save 5 of them. So one could be a wall, wall with window, support beam, etc and you just set up what you want then save it.

1 Like

I don’t like portals.

I acknowledge they’re super convenient, and in Boundless especially they’re invaluable for interworld travel. But I wish it wasn’t possible to open portals between places on the same world, because I feel they cause worlds to develop haphazardly, with no real cohesion. In the real world, communities develop along major transit lines - roads, train lines, ports, etc. - and thus everything is interconnected. in a world with portals, there’s no longer a reason for physical transit lines, and so you just have communities popping up in disconnected locations. My planet doesn’t feel like a planet anymore, it just feels like a bunch of community nodes connected by portals, surrounded by wilderness that I have no real need to venture out into. (It’s a level 1 world, so nobody’s going out to hunt or gather there.)

What I want, then, is no portals between places on the same world. Instead, I want a form of physical transportation that is much faster than walking, but still requires you to build that transit infrastructure that would bring cohesion and connectedness to the world.

Yes, in short, I want minecarts. They of course don’t have to take the same form - make them trains, or something completely Oortian in nature, so long as they are a vehicle that goes along a track that can carry both passengers and cargo. Additionally, for the people who use portals as a way to traverse elevation, I also want elevators, since they’d basically be vertical versions of the same kind of system. I feel like these things would not only fill a niche that’s currently empty, but also pull together all of our disparate communities, and ultimately make worlds feel more like worlds.

1 Like

I can see your point but having no portals to the same world would just result in everyone opening a portal to a nearby world with a hub and then you have the same situation.

A fast way to travel like trains or such would be feasible though as an alternative to portals if there is a much lower maintenance cost (most likely it would have to be free after initial investment).

1 Like

I don’t understand why people request for more option for beacon permissions. Is there some sort of difficulty you encountered that you request for it?

1 Like

Ability to save more personal locations than we have now

2 Likes

I love the idea of " Oortian trains" but I’m not sure about removal of internal world portals.
Maybe you can try to encouraging the use of that trains in some way…a kind of buff… or… I’ve no ideas.

Yes, literally 2 seconds after hitting the button to post, I thought of that loophole. x.x

I would be satisfied with portals being made prohibitively more expensive so that physical modes of travel become viable. My biggest concern about my ask is that with roads/trainlines/etc, the biggest cost is not time or resources, but plots.

Maybe a “road-shaped” plot? Like, twice or thrice as long, but skinnier and flatter? I’m not sure.

You could make it so you only need to place the “Train Station” plots, then. Maybe they are hover-trains, or something, that just sort of scoot over/around the landscape. There is FTL travel, after all, in this world, no sense is restricting trains to a coal fired, track based design.

I didn’t read to see if someone said my number one thing… I saw someone said clothing…

But I want ARMOR. Staying alive is virtually impossible.

In real life civilizations pop up all over the world and no one knows each other. Not having portals would just make exploration worse because 90% of players would be near the most convenient area which would be the biggest day 1 guilds. Portals allow more diversity imo. Also the day I have to physically grapple 100 blocks out if a mine i dug is the day I quit the game.
Great post though. You explained your reasons which I think would add more immersion maybe but I think it has more cons than pros.