Portal Trouble

First, let me apologize if this post sounds like a rant. Second, I love the portal effect, really.
BUT, recently I have been having trouble trying to get through the portals. Its usually always greyed out for me when I try to go anywhere other than Vena, Andoween, or Alturnik. And, sometimes I have to wait for over 10 minutes to it to load; assuming it loads up at all. So, I realize my ping times are pretty bad being on the Oceanic side of the world, but I am not sure if anything can be done to slightly make things better?

Chunk download rate and chunk cache. If you have a good enough connection. It will make the portals loading faster.

Probably why you can load into the Australian servers faster is due to ping and that it’s on the cache.

if your cache is large enough, places you visit often will be loaded MUCH faster than places you don’t visit very often.

if your download rate is fast enough you won’t have to wait more than 2 minutes (depending on ping)

my ping is not so good to the other servers on this game, but I have about 2Gbs download and half of that for uploads. What can I do on my end to improve the load time?

Its so bad right now that I have time to be in here to post this topic and this replay and I am still waiting to load into Nasharil.

You have 2gb of download speeds? Wow. That’s impressive.

These are the links with important information.

You can also try closing the game and opening it again. Sometimes it does the trick and it starts loading faster

Yeah… I am on Fibre broadband, but the ping is horrible tho.

Thx for the links. I am making adjustments and reloading the game to see what happens.

So, after multiple restarts and over 1hr of trying to get thru Jeff’s portal from Vulpto to Nasharil, I decided enough is enough, pay the piper and tp to Vena from Sanctum. I am 400 coins poorer. :disappointed:

If it’s not loading in just a few seconds, something is wrong on the other end. Chunks may not be loading, or something else is interfering. I noticed that at many portal hubs, if more than one portal is visible at a time, connection issues may result.

I can confirm that @knightsb was stood idle in @Jeffrotheswell portal tunnel, between Nasharil and Vulpto for a ridiculous amount of time.

I passed him on the way back to Therka, had a five minute conversation, dropped off my stuff, and when I returned he was still stood there. Easily 10 minutes.