Powerleveling as new character without budget

Assuming i’m always using a teaching pie, what would be the most effective (read: quickest) way to level a lvl 1 character up to having enough points for 2-3 skillpages? Just mining away? Crafting?

Assume a limitless budget and valueing time spent over (in-game) money spent.

Rock mine and stone craft is pretty effective also there is another way that’s really expensive.

2 Likes

Teaching Pies + rock mining on a max-level char + feed the rocks and teaching pies to your alt and just mass craft rocks across dozens and dozens of crafting tables = level 50 in one shot.

2 Likes

There is no alt, just a ton of stuff leftover from my PS4 days :slight_smile:
But i could check the reclaim pages for uncrafted rock i guess!

There’s no budget limit :slight_smile: So whats the expensive way?

I’ve only recently noticed more use of the term powerleveling though. Mostly here it’s cubit farming :rofl:

2 Likes

Gleamball + Speed Hammer + Teaching Pie = Quickest for me.

Albeit the most boring also.

2 Likes

Someone posted a method using oortstone blocks, but I don’t remember the name of the post. If there are any region XP farms open, you can get a quick boost by running through it real quick.

Any idea how old it was? The update that included warnings for “mining the same block” stopped most of the old block placement exploits.

I suppose if you knew how many blocks it takes to get past that defense you could just build and tear down the same wall over and over again.

They pretty much rekt the gatherer profession over flower exploits, too.

EDIT: I hit boundlesscrafting for some XP data. It’s 44 XP to place a deco oort, and it’s 8 XP to mine a gleam block.

This means each swing of a 3x3 at a gleamball is s bit more XP than placing one deco oort. It’s going to be faster to harvest the gleam, but it also has a continuous cost. You’re burning hammers, pies, and brews.

The block placement has a higher startup cost, to acquire the initial blocks. It’s also going to include cycles of build and tear down. It’s probably going to be slower, but also can be cheaper - depending on how much you do, and maybe you could borrow some blocks. You’re still going to want to burn pies, but all other costs are optional. If you’re cheap and patient just stay at T1 and you cou ld use a totem to break them for re-placement :rofl:

Machined titanium gives 40 xp on placement and Deco oort gives 44. If place/break/replace is the method you can do it with cheaper blocks.

1 Like

I think it was posted this year. It might of been a YT how-to video. I think a vertical tunnel and possibly water were part of it? I’ll look again to see if I can locate it.
Edit to add: I think this was it

1 Like

@georgegroeg deleted all the instructions?? :rofl:

XP region farms + placing decorative lucent gem blocks. Depends on how entertaining you want leveling to be

1 Like

this method also works with decorative gem blocks

3 Likes

Based on this quote:

Now that we have gleam ■■■■■ on T1 you can beat this rate in a gleamball. Not by a lot though.

If you want to count in after processing of doors (ignoring machine wait times) you can crush it. They nerfed the coin of doors but not the XP.

EDIT: Thanks for the video @HOST that’s what I was thinking from the description above. You just need enough blocks to pass the exploit protection. LOL I remember the first time I caught someone working a single block of titanium for mad levels.

If @georgegroeg or @AlexxChristo have something better, maybe they’ll drop a hint (hint hint).

1 Like

No problem bro and yeah u need enough blocks I had a post somewhere…I think it was 3 smart stacks and a bit but yeah you would need a sovereign or have someone reclaim your beacon to repeat the progress

Edit:

1 Like

You’re actually slowing things down with that compact rift:

Full deco lucents are 44, if you converted them it would step it up a bit.

It looks the same titanium deco blocks (machined, filigree, circuit) are at 40.

Compact lucents run 36 and deco run 44. IT looks like even advanced coils only give 32.

1 Like

I know haha I said I’m using compact lucent because I don’t like the decorative versions :sweat_smile:
But don’t forget the teaching pie

But for those that have them yea

1 Like

LOL yeah I skimmed the thread and see you mention the titanium too. That’s really more than 10% improvement over the (compact) lucents.

1 Like

@georgegroeg has a video showing a leveling farm using 900 deco Oort that are then chiseled. Basically you just place them out, chisel them, then remove while using a teaching pie. Rinse/repeat.

5 Likes

Seems to be removed/blocked though, heh.

We need to get this guy to chime in:

I always wonder if he has a secret, or just a permanent caffeine IV.

EDIT I just realized it’s been over a year since he posted that. That’s worth a tag. @catfud did you keep grinding levels?

2 Likes