Preservation Guild

Check out Ghandy’s tower on Gellis and see who owns the plots now!

1 Like

That is not a planet in my ways of travel thou^^
Might you just tell me, oh wise one?

James took the plots over because Ghandy wanted to demolish it…

3 Likes

I just ran thru Ultima finata and there’s quite a few places that I would have considered landmarks that are just gone or tiny bits of their skeleton left. Owned by people that didn’t build it too.

Yeah, I saw that…thought that must have been what happened…is such a good build and glad it’s preserved

1 Like

That is good News!
Thank you @james

2 Likes

That’s why my brother got ugly concrete gun turret in middle off his garden I think it’s global system called unesco

Prestige burnout syndrome. Aaah this is the reason i never chased prestige. There will always be someone who is more insane than you are and you’ll never catch up. I went with “beauty”. No one can define that for me xD

2 Likes

Wait we have Devs now going into the game and saving builds for people? I’m kind of confused…

I have two characters with no build, only one plot claimed each for a home beacon at my main base. I can spend all my cubits on plots for preservation if someone starts up a guild and points me in the right direction.

2 Likes

The Guy in question was called Tweet…and he sometimes used me as a slave to get his resources for him lol
Its a big shame that someone so talented lets a city that he built himself go to waste :frowning:

1 Like

That’s such a shame even if he gave someone permissions to make use of the mats etc from RTG or you as a friend to at least make something else after all that work ;(

I know he wasn’t happy he spoke to Scorp about it and Darthpain.

Please give him our best anyways and sorry to see him go we never got to say goodbye he was always chatty with myself and Scorp.

Sounded more like James like the build to the point he didn’t want to see it go. So he took over the build with his own plots. Ghandys base and storage etc is on trung now. So pretty safe to say ghandy has no perms on the build James took over.

2 Likes

I really disagree with this. GMs of a game should not be having that type of effect on the game for non moderation/administrative purposes, especially not on a character that haves access to any kind of Admin command. Or haves unfair access to see the fuel timers.

1 Like

They do play with normal characters that level up like everyone else and earn plots the same way. There’s dev mode and normal mode(has been stated by a devs plenty of times before they play like us and buy from shops etc). Don’t see why you feel they can’t play just like us and enjoy the game they have built.

1 Like

A normal character will not have a Dev Tag next to its name. So unless James is using a character that is not the one called „James“

It is clear that this is not a normal character!

They can, but just not in a way that allows them to tamper with the world with GM commands, Admin access, or access to data that should normally be hidden

Did James use his Dev character and Did james actually see the smoking beacon, check up on it every X amount of hours like everyone else? Or was he able to see exactly when it was going to expire and used that information to ensure he got it?

If James did it in a 100% normal way like any other player would have to, then I have no problem.

Actually I think everyone of their characters says dev since they are devs period. And there is still a dev mode and non dev mode on their characters. Think of it like debug mode non debug.

I’ve seen them walking around not flying I’ve seen them buying stuff before. Even lead one of them to the sling bow depot to buy some slings. They’ve gone on hunts too.

I’ve traded with them during the valentines event and even got cheated out of a heart by @SamF since he had no flowers on him

Also why couldn’t he just happen to see ghandy unplotting it and go oh I’ll plot it. Why does it have to be a smoking beacon? Have you never received a build from someone before? I have. I’ve also given builds to people as well.

2 Likes

@Havok40k can you lock this thread before it goes sideways

1 Like

Unfortunately you can’t get him to lock it since you’re not OP. He has to feel like it deserves to be locked if OP isn’t asking.

1 Like

That is the Definition of an abnormal Character, Since he clearly haves access to admin functions on that character.

The question then remains, rather or not he used Information gleamed from having Admin Access over other peoples builds to see when the beacon would expire.

This is a question we will never really know the answer to.

It is possible, just as it is possible he may have camped the beacon every X amount of hours until it expired, just as it is also possible that Access to private data was used to assist in such.

We have no proof of any of the conclusions at this time and as such everything we all say about it is Conjecture. Nothing more.

And this is why it is typically better for GMs to play on characters that do not also have GM powers built in so this kind of suspicion is reduced.

The bottom line from me, is if he did everything the normal way, then I do not have a problem.

But IF and only IF Admin access was used to assist with this. then i do not like that one bit.

I am not saying he did use admin access. I am saying IF he used admin access, then I would have a problem.

We have no way of knowing for sure. So I was just stating I don’t really like this as it can look funny.

.>> This my last statement about the topic <<